The 'double surprise' TR.... Finished!

loving ur pics - the panorama one is fab!!!

omg re the attitude at dlh!!!!!!!!!!! that implies we shud have rubbish service at cheyene lol def need to complain bout that!

well done at gettin ur table changed :thumbsup2 have never eaten at walts, but like seein all the pics and reviews lol

rafiki and timon were brill, i wish id videoed all the exchange with them when we went, but have them dancing and limbo ing lol

that is a good view for dreams - better than our disabled one anyhow lol

yey for VIP fastpass and 8 goes on BTM :banana::banana:!

Your DD1 looks a little apprehensive on that pic in the ToT queue doesn't she ;)?

I know Elaine - poor things, I do feel a bit bad having taken them on it but they seemed to be doing so well with being daring that we decided to give it a go. To be fair, they didn't enjoy it but they haven't gone on about it since so it hasn't scarred them for life :lmao:.

Just caught up - you must be well on your way to winning the 'riding BTM most times in one day' award! :thumbsup2 Also, that's a new one on me about alcoholic drinks being excluded from SH discount during a table service meal :confused3 I know you don't get SH discount if buying at a bar but we've always had it during a TS meal.

Goodness, I think that's insulting too. IMO you should expect to receive good service wherever you stay, irrespective of whether it's a standard room at DLH or one at Santa Fe. You're not talking about service according to the star of a hotel like luggage porterage, gym facilities, or room service, or extra perks like Castle Club gives its guests, you're talking about good old-fashioned customer service where mistakes (which we all know DO happen) are rectified in a timely manner and where if things are promised they are followed through.

I know, I wasn't asking for anything gold plated when it came to service - just what we'd paid for :confused3.

I'm sure I read on here that alcoholic drinks with TS meals are not meant to be included in discount and so often are taken off - it depends on the member of staff I guess. It was only Walts where they did this actually.

Oh, what a shocking attitude from staff at DLH :scared1:

Love the VIP FP day - BTM is my favourite too :thumbsup2 Oh, bad mummy for taking your lovely little princess' on TOT....I hated it :lmao:

Walts special viewing area does look good, just a shame the menu is limited. I'd have happily paid extra for our meal to gain access to the viewing area.

Yes 8 times on BTM, it's definitely a family favourite ;).

I really like the viewing area - huge thumbs up from us. I know people think it's off to the side but actually we had a great view, better than we had any other night. Although I suppose if you queued up for long enough, you could get a more central, closer view - impossible with the two girls and actually it was great to go on some rides as they became quite quiet which was a bonus!

We must have been so close at the Rafiki and Timon meet because we were there just before lunch too. We were in Walts that evening too but a little bit earlier than you - amazing that we never managed to run into each other. We would have loved riding btm as a family but as Evie wasn't tall enough we will have to wait for the next trip for that.

I went on TOT this time with my oldest and both hated it. I think it felt worse for her because her feet didn't touch the floor. :confused3 Never again.

Yes, when I read your TR I saw we must have been next to each other almost at points! Funny isn't it. I don't recognise any of your girls from being there though.

I love the ToT but then I like things like that :laughing:.

Another great update! :thumbsup2 Love the photo of Pooh waving to you from Walts. You must have felt a little smug sitting in the nice warm and dry restaurant while watching everyone outside with their umbrellas up! :rotfl2:

That panoramic photo is beautiful! :wizard:

Yes, looking back it was nice having a dry seat watching the parade. But obviously waiting 45 minutes for our table wasn't great. I'm not sure why they couldn't have given us that table straight off though as it was clearly available but did need clearing :confused3. Still, it worked out OK in the end :cool1:.

The panorama pics have come out well, thank you - unfortunately on here they look quite small. I have a few others I will post at some point :goodvibes.

Great report and some fab photos. I'm sorry the DLH was so disappointing. I definitely think you should complain about your experiences.

Your girls look like they're in Disney heaven though. They just look so excited. Your report has made me SO excited to take mine again in Nov/Dec :) I love all the Mini Boden too, your DDs and my DDs have some of the same clothes by the looks of it, I can't resist the Boden! :cool1:

loving ur pics - the panorama one is fab!!!

omg re the attitude at dlh!!!!!!!!!!! that implies we shud have rubbish service at cheyene lol def need to complain bout that!

well done at gettin ur table changed :thumbsup2 have never eaten at walts, but like seein all the pics and reviews lol

rafiki and timon were brill, i wish id videoed all the exchange with them when we went, but have them dancing and limbo ing lol

that is a good view for dreams - better than our disabled one anyhow lol

I really liked Walts despite the long wait for our table. I did ask the Maitre d' after we had waited so long what the hold up was - apparently it was because they had 3 tables (altogether) who were taking ages to leave. They were in the restaurant for almost 3.5 hours and from what I can gather had been sitting for some time with no drinks or anything and the bill! Still, it ended well thankfully.

Yes Timon & Rafiki were funny and I would have liked to have stayed around to watch them a bit more (I think we were the second or third in line to see them and the girls in front of us wouldn't go near them and cried the whole time!).

Great report and some fab photos. I'm sorry the DLH was so disappointing. I definitely think you should complain about your experiences.

Your girls look like they're in Disney heaven though. They just look so excited. Your report has made me SO excited to take mine again in Nov/Dec :) I love all the Mini Boden too, your DDs and my DDs have some of the same clothes by the looks of it, I can't resist the Boden! :cool1:

Thanks Serenlas :). Yes, the DLH did disappoint massively but my girls didn't notice (well apart from the twice they got upset about the lack of chocolate coins :lmao:). It has really made me think twice about booking there in November but not knowing how cold it will be makes me worry about booking elsewhere - I think I would go for the SL otherwise. Although initially I was keen to book the HNY, I've gone off it a bit - we had a quick look in the lobby when we had our last trip and we weren't overly impressed - especially DH when he realised we would have had to do a bag check each day! I guess we'll see what offers come out.

Yes, I am a boden-aholic :rotfl2:. I love the children's clothes so my two are regularly in Johnny's stuff :thumbsup2. I love the women's clothing too but sadly own way less than my children do! :sad:

Day Four

Today my princesses dressed as princesses princess:. DD1 was Cinderella - a dress we got from DLRP last visit but it was waaayy too big for her then, and DD2 was Rapunzel.

Here they are having breakfast in Inventions (no problems getting in here today :thumbsup2). We had a great window seat and could see the Castle quite well. Food, as usual, was lovely. As we had seen Dreams last night, so a late night, we were a little later at breakfast today - can't quite remember the time.

440.jpg

443.jpg

We got into the park towards the end of EMH and headed to Orbitron as we hadn't done it yet - we did queue for 15 mins but thought if we didn't do it now before park opening, the queue would just get worse!

463.jpg

We were going to do Buzz but time was getting on and we wanted to head to the Studios for a little while today (we had lunch reservation at Auberge - not the best use of time again as a lot of walking but it was just the way we'd been able to fit into our schedule). So, off we went.

We got there and it was quite busy already. There was a showing of Animagique almost due to start in 15 mins (one of the things on our must do list), so we waited for that. We had a terrible time with queue jumpers here - we had been queuing fine and were not far from the doors, when the doors opened half of the queue from the back just charged forwards and around the front of the queue! Needless to say there was a bit of a push and shove from people which was awful and quite scary :rolleyes2. Anyway, we got in and got a good spot. The girls both loved the show - DD1 has seen it before but didn't remember it (DD2 was not quite 6 months old!). This is one of DH's faves too so he was happy ;).

We had a quick go on Flying carpets and then had to head back to the park for our Auberge lunch at 12 noon. My poor feet!!

We queued up outside Auberge and there was quite a queue! Doors opened about 12.05 and people filtered in. I couldn't believe there were a few families who had turned up with their little girls all dressed up but didn't have reservations - and then were grumpy when they were turned away??!

We walked in and were shown to a table on the dancefloor (we've been here a few times and by luck have always been on the dancefloor - imo it's the best place to sit as you are central in the restaurant and can see the dancing etc very well - the tables are also a little further apart than in the rest of the restaurant). DH took a panoramic shot.

480.jpg

I had a look at the menu but knew that there was nothing really I would like to eat! DH ordered the foie gras (urgh) and I had salmon tartare (double urgh) to start. The girls enjoyed the amuse bouche (cheesy bread), and we enjoyed our non alcholic cocktails. I ordered chicken for both of the girls and asked if I could have this as an adults main which was agreed. It was actually really nice chicken with a fabulous stocky sauce and mashed potato. I found the pan friend vegetables a little odd (the girls didn't like them) and we are all usually happy to eat veg. DH had the veal and said it was very nice but a bit rich.

The girls had the Cinderella's delight pudding which was a chocolate fest - literally, there was so much of it even they struggled to eat it all as it was sooo rich. DH and I had the adult's chocolate pudding which again was really nice. I will add photos on the Auberge review thread.

We met Cinderella & Prince Charming, Snow White (who was absolutely lovely), Aurora and Suzy & Perla. We had a minor crisis as both girls' autograph books were running out so I had to nip out to the shop across from the restaurant to buy another (the 20th books are lovely and really nicely done but I do wish they had more pages in as with just 2 character meals we had filled it!).

476.jpg

484.jpg

498.jpg

507.jpg

I had to laugh at DD2 - she is such a character and quite 'eccentric'! She pulled up Snow White a seat and said she had a question to ask her "Where are the seven dwarves today?" Poor Snow White clearly wasn't used to such questions and did dither a bit until DD1 helped her out and said "Oh, are they in the diamond mine working?" :rotfl2:. DD2 then proceeded to show Snow White Jack Sparrow's autograph which she stated was a "scribble, so messy!" Priceless!

I did enjoy the meal, mainly because we then didn't have to queue at the Princess Pavilion for 2 hours plus ;). But I have to agree with DH, it's become so much more expensive from our previous visits and just isn't as good value for money. The lack of wine (and water on the table), the lack of souvenir for the children and the fact I asked twice for crayons for the girls to colour in the back of their menu (we still never got them although other tables looked to have some), just made me question if we would do it again now we've done it once where DD2 is old enough to take it all in. I think perhaps if the menu changes to something a bit more 'mainstream' we might do it again - I think I liked the lamb best out of the meals I've had there. I'm just not sure really.... But, overall, the girls had a nice time and that is what matters.

With shareholders discount it was 165.83 euros!

When we came out of the restaurant we headed to Main Street and caught the Character Express just coming into Central Plaza - we stopped to see it but didn't stop to see the characters as we had learned that it is just a total scrum and not something we want to let the children get involved in. DH took this additional panoramic shot while in Fantasia Gardens.

546.jpg

As we'd agreed that other than Auberge, today would be our Studios visit day, we headed back there. We weren't too bothered by the rides this time in the Studios but like Animagique, Stitch Live had been on our to do list. Like others have said there seemed to be a huge demand for English showings and queues were long with many people disappointed due to strict numbers. We queued for an age but were near the front which was a bonus (queue jumpers once again seen here - why oh why!).

We entered the studio and the girls were straight at the front sitting down, DH and myself were seated on the front row :thumbsup2. DH was really keen to do this and so you can imagine his delight when DD2 was picked as Stitch's new best friend :rotfl2:. Bless her - she went a bit shy so I think they picked on another, slightly older boy to do the monkey face etc. Still, she has never stopped mentioning since how she is Stitch's best friend :goodvibes. We all loved the show and came out happy and smiling!

DD2 was quite tired by this point and was trying her best to go to sleep in a pushchair that does not recline! So, I volunteered to sit down in TSPL while DH and DD2 went on RC Racer - they were away ages (and DD2 suddenly developed a new lease of life :rolleyes2 but Mummy didn't share it after our heavy Auberge meal!).

I can't recall what we did after that but I think the queues for everything were pretty long so we walked around for a little while and thought that because it was 6 pm, that we would head back to the park to get a spot for the parade and the DDs could do IASW while I waited. We had hired another pushchair for DD1 (free with our AP) as her feet and legs were sore with all the walking which I'm not surprised at. And I got left with both pushchairs while DH took the girls on IASW - I was popular standing there with those and so effectively blocking off a fair area by IASW at the top. People still tried to push past the pushchairs but I just explained I was keeping a space for my family!! DH and the girls came back about 15 mins before the parade and then it started (I videod it today as I had a good spot with waiting such a long time). We had taken two nutty/choc pastries (the ones I love!) from SM that morning and hadn't eaten them so polished those off between us - they were quite flat but still yummy! It did start to rain as MoP was finishing, and as we'd had a late night due to Dreams the previous night, and had been out all day, decided to do one last ride using our DLH fastpass and then head back.

I'm sure you can guess what the FP was used on....

yes..... BTM :cheer2:. Although it literally poured down while we were on it so we got soaked - a strange experience!

It was at this point that I started to feel quite sick :crazy2:. I'm not sure what is was (DH had been sick the night before but it wasn't a bug as it was over quite quickly), I suspect it was a combo of rich food at lunch, the speed I ate the pastry (!) and tiredness. So, I took DD2 back to the hotel and DH and DD1 stopped off to get some coconut popcorn for her nighttime snack (treat) as they didn't need any more food really. I must have been ill as I didn't have a morsel of it :lmao:.

I got almost straight into bed and DH sorted the girls out for bed and we were all settled by about 8.45 pm. DH said he wasn't tired so went for a drink at the DLH bar and went to ask if we could now have our DLH FPs for our last two days (Thurs & Fri) :rolleyes2. We were asleep when he returned. I asked him the next morning if he'd had problems getting the FPs and apparently he'd had to relay it all again (I had been told earlier in the week that they would be ready in a package for us to collect!). The CM still didn't really understand (two men you see!), but after some head scratching etc they sorted it out - so we now - after 4 days, got our last few days FPs :cool1:.

Tomorrow - first in the park by a fair bit - yay! :thumbsup2

One last photo for tonight - I couldn't fit it in above!

455.jpg

Lovely update! :rotfl2: at DD2 pullinf up the chair for Snow White! That is something Rosebug would do and demand that she sit down! Snow White is the same one we met at Auberge, she was very, very lovely!

Glad they let you have the chicken, as this will be my request too!

Another lovely day's photos - I particularly like the panoramic one inside Auberge, and Snow White sitting at the table with your DDs :goodvibes.

I had a flattened chocolate/nutty pastry from Salon Mickey too on one of our days last week - it was still delicious :rotfl2:!

Another great update. :goodvibes They were bringing bottles of still and sparkling water to all the tables without being asked at Auberge on Tuesday. :confused3 We had to queue for a while to get seated at both Auberge and inventions and I think most of the hold up was people turning up without reservations and expecting to be seated.:confused3

Lovely update! :rotfl2: at DD2 pullinf up the chair for Snow White! That is something Rosebug would do and demand that she sit down! Snow White is the same one we met at Auberge, she was very, very lovely!

Glad they let you have the chicken, as this will be my request too!

Thanks!

Yes, Snow White really was fabulous, probably the nicest character we met this trip. I actually found some of the characters quite lacklustre - like Goofy - he was just lolling around and didn't seem that interested in goofing around like I've seen in the past :confused3. Timon & Rafiki and Jack Sparrow were great too but Snow White was just :cloud9:.

How is your hand now? Hope it's on the mend, I hate burns, they just seem to pound with the pain :eek:.

Did you get your hotel changed? - I totally know where you are coming from about the hassle of changing your hotel once there. I was worried when I thought we were going to have to change from the DLH to the HNY for our last night. I really like the look of the SL - spent ages looking at it when we ate in Earl from across the lake and it looks lovely.

Another lovely day's photos - I particularly like the panoramic one inside Auberge, and Snow White sitting at the table with your DDs :goodvibes.

I had a flattened chocolate/nutty pastry from Salon Mickey too on one of our days last week - it was still delicious :rotfl2:!

Thank you Elaine. Yes, the nutty pastry was flat but very nice nonetheless ;). I know you aren't meant to take them from SM but we had just had breakfast - I couldn't just walk past the desk and not take one :lmao:. I am dribbling thinking of them now! :rolleyes1

Another great update. :goodvibes They were bringing bottles of still and sparkling water to all the tables without being asked at Auberge on Tuesday. :confused3 We had to queue for a while to get seated at both Auberge and inventions and I think most of the hold up was people turning up without reservations and expecting to be seated.:confused3

Well we missed out on those then as we were never offered a bottle at all - bit like the crayons the other tables had but we didn't despite my asking twice if we could have some :confused:. Just little things but as I said earlier, I am so pleased we did it as the girls had a great time (and we were able to miss the PP as a result!) but this is the first time I've come away thinking that it soooo wasn't worth the money :eek:. I don't think it will be on our list to do in November - which is something I really didn't think I would say prior to our June trip....

I'm waiting to see where the new character meal will be (if not at CBCO) and we will probably do that. There seems to be something very fishy going on with the characters imo. I read somewhere that they are having great issues with the 'entertainment' dept - CMs not turning up regularly for character parts etc? Who knows what is true but there is something afoot with the changes - could just be plainly down to lack of budget. But Disney are going to shoot themselves in the foot if they don't sort it out - characters are an integral part of the Park :sad2:.

Another lovely update :goodvibes

Love the girls in their princess dresses - Auberge looks really nice, but I agree the food on offer isn't really what I'd eat either.

I'm loving the panoramic photos :thumbsup2 I've got that function on my camera too and will need to figure out how it works as I think Disneyland is the perfect place to use it! Time to book another trip :lmao:

Another lovely update :goodvibes

Love the girls in their princess dresses - Auberge looks really nice, but I agree the food on offer isn't really what I'd eat either.

I'm loving the panoramic photos :thumbsup2 I've got that function on my camera too and will need to figure out how it works as I think Disneyland is the perfect place to use it! Time to book another trip :lmao:

Thank you Julie.

Yes, the panoramic shots are really cool - I wasn't sure how to use it but DH worked it out quickly (I never read the manuals these days as it's all online!). We have a few more I'll post at some point :goodvibes. Had to laugh at your 'time for another trip' :lmao:

What a lovely photo of your little girl sitting at the piano :)

Kaye

Thank you Kaye :cloud9:. She is a funny little thing - wherever there is an instrument she'll be there! Apparently she played her first notes on a trumpet at nursery the other day (a proper trumpet and the musician was amazed as it's apparently quite difficult to do :laughing:). She doesn't take after me :rotfl:.....

Day Five

After a good night's sleep we were up early and ready for heading to the park for the start of EMH. We decided to skip breakfast and head back at the end of EMH to have it then (another perk of being in the DLH as it's so quick and easy to return :banana:).

We somehow ended up being first in the park today by quite a way. There actually had been a family at another turnstile but for some reason ours was opened first and there seemed to be a delay with theirs? Anyway, we got to the bandstand and had a little stop to look at the Castle down Main St without another person around (well apart from the CM emptying the bins to one side of Main St) - truly magical :cloud9:. DH kept wittering that "this was what it was all about" the park to ourselves!

We quickly headed down Main St aiming to get to the Castle before anyone else caught us up (again, we seemed to take several photos before a man and his DD caught us up!).

613.jpg

We headed straight to Discoveryland and onto Buzz twice - we had hoped to get on Orbitron first but there was a problem with it. So, we headed over to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan twice, then teacups then IASW.

629.jpg

We then headed back for breakfast at the DLH. When we got to Inventions there was quite a queue, we got to the front and were told we would have to head to the conference room for breakfast. DH was on the same wavelength as myself and immediately said that we would prefer to eat in Inventions. The CM said it was not possible as it was full to which DH replied "OK, that is fine we will wait". The CM tutted very loudly and said we would have to stand out of the way and wait, we were ushered to a corner by the entrance to wait!! We only waited a matter of minutes and were shown to a table in one of the side rooms which was fine - there were lots of empty tables around the restaurant/buffet area so I really couldn't work out why they were turning people away.

Anyway, breakfast was nice as usual once we had a table. I have to say that the breakfast situation did put a dampner on our stay - every morning I was dreading being told we would have to go to the conference suite again. As it happens, we were lucky as only ate in there 1 day out of 5, but it would have been twice if we hadn't have waited today. It just didn't have the same ambience, views, choice etc. You pay a premium for the DLH as you expect good service - one of the things that makes a difference for us is the lovely breakfast in Inventions - overlooking Main St just waking up every day is great.

We queued to see White Rabbit after breakfast which was nice as I love anything to do with Alice!

633.jpg

However.... we headed back out to the park and decided to do the 'Meet with Mickey' new attraction as we hadn't yet managed it. We queued one day for about 15 mins to be then told it was broken?? (Having been in the place, I am not sure what actually could have broken other than the cartoons not showing on the screen perhaps?). We ended up queuing for around 35 mins which was made easier by the said cartoons which the girls enjoyed. This is the place where we encountered the worst queue jumpers ever - 3 adults, no children (a couple and their Mother/In law all of 60 yrs +). They blatantly pushed through the bars and even under the bars at one point. I was furious and told them that if I saw them push again (they had knocked off about 15-20 mins of queuing by the time they saw us!), then I would leave the queue and go and fetch a member of staff and report them. Needless to say they went no further! I know it happens everywhere but 3 adults pushing in front of young children who had been queuing for best part of half an hour is just unacceptable in my opinion. I seethed for the rest of the queue silently. We got in to see Mickey and guess who was in the room with us - yes, the said 3 people!! Needless to say, it kind of spoilt the experience for me and tbh, I though the whole thing was quite a long queue for what turned out to be just another photo opp with Mickey (we had met him in the hotel prior and at other character meals). For some reason, I'd had in my head that he did some kind of little magic show or something - but nope, we got nothing other than 'smile/photo'. I do agree with others that the theming was good but it seemed a bit out of context. What they have done with the building inside is beautiful though - I will say that. DH was as unimpressed as myself (although again, the girls were happy). Interestingly, I was accosted on the way out to do a survey and asked all about it - the two things I brought up - that the queue areas were too wide (allowing people to jump easily!) and the fact I thought the attraction had more to it were met with 'Ah, yes a common answer'! So, I mustn't have been the only one that day!

639.jpg

It was getting colder and threatening to rain, in addition queues were very long (and Orbitron was still off), so we decided to do the Railroad from Fantasyland station (a good stop to get on as it's partially hidden now by the Meet Mickey attraction so a lot of people don't know it's there!). We got on without queuing and as we did the heavens opened - literally. We were nice and dry (can't say the same for the pushchair we had left though). This was something we had wanted to do this trip having never ventured on before so it worked out well as we stayed on twice around the park due to the heavy rain!!

645.jpg

We got off at Fantasyland again to collect the sodden pushchair and decided to try Star Tours which the girls thoroughly enjoyed. As it was still raining on and off and we were quite tired due to our early start, we headed back to the DLH for an afternoon snack and a nap..... if only!

We had a reservation for Inventions tonight at 7.30 pm with the idea that we would try and catch a bit of the parade before and then go eat. However, things changed slightly!

I had tried to cram in Mickey waffles and afternoon tea at the DLH and this was the 'slot'! The girls had no idea what we were doing but DD1 soon saw the patisserie trolley and eagle eyed the waffles on display! So, we ordered them a set each and DH and I had the Cafe Gourmand - all of it was truly heaven and really not that expensive (compared to our previous night of 4 drinks at 54 euros!), the cost was 34.80 euros - no AP or SH discount as the bar staff said I couldn't use either - despite the fact I had not had any alcohol?? Anyway, it was really nice to just sit and take in the surroundings and have the yummy cakes etc.

661.jpg

662.jpg

It was at this point that things with the DLH took a turn for the worst! We headed back to the room for a well needed nap (the girls were starting to get quite hyper from lack of sleep!), we had time to nap, get dressed for Inventions and see a little of the parade before our reservation. However, my key wouldn't work - cue DH telling me I am doing it wrong, tries his, his doesn't work either..... they've only gone and checked us out of the hotel as our first reservation had ended that morning:. To say I was mad was an understatement, I had truly just had enough by this point. DH agreed to stay with the tired children (there was a sofa and table at the end of the corridor) while I stomped off to Reception as fast as my legs could carry me!

I wasn't in a particularly good mood by this point (I was tired too!!) and couldn't believe what had happened after all the to-ing and fro-ing we'd had all week! It wasn't made better by having to stand and wait to be seen as there were 2 CMs on the desk who were already dealing one irate man and a not so happy woman (what was going on in this hotel??!). When I eventually got to the desk I wasn't particularly pleasant, but wasn't rude either, I just asked for an explanation as to why we had been checked out of our room when we were staying another night..... The hotel manager was called but after 15 mins of waiting he/she was unavailable! So, I was referred to a supervisor in the 'back office' to deal with it - needless to say it took a long time to discuss the whole debacle and she was very apologetic (especially at us being locked out!!). By this point I'd been at Reception for about 45 mins partly due to waiting twice and I knew DH would be blowing a gasket with two tired girls!! It's a good job he hadn't gone to Reception!

Everyone calmed down (me included) and the CM offered me VIP fastpasses for our family for the remainder of our stay (as it happens, due to our Inventions meal that night it ended up really only being Friday where they got used properly but at least she offered). I accepted the gesture. However, when she went on to say that they have new staff in the hotel so mistakes are happening and if I want to guarantee good service then I should stay in the Castle Club!, I felt that really the FPs just didn't cut the mustard. I really felt insulted but knew it was pointless discussing the issue any further and wanted to get back to DH! Sorry - rant over!!!

So, reprogrammed keys in hand we got into the room over an hour later than planned and zonked! Sadly, due to the time it wasn't possible to go back into the park before our Inventions meal as I had to do some packing as well. So, we just got dressed and headed there.

The DDs were dressed up for this meal - DD1 was Rapunzel and DD2 was Minnie Mouse (in a DLRP dress that had been DD1's from a previous trip - lovely dress!).

We were given a window table by the main buffet area in Inventions and had a great meal. DH joked that they put us in that seat as the Reception had tipped them off not to upset us. The food was fabulous (will review in proper place) and the girls had a nice time.

We met Goofy (again!), Pluto (again!), Minnie (again!), Donal (again! - anyone spot a pattern here?) and Pinnochio (which was a first this trip - hurrah!). All the characters were great apart from Goofy who really seemed like he couldn't be bothered - no fun at all. Donald threw a hissy fit as I had a Mickey t-shirt on :lmao:. Minnie insisted DH got up and had a photo taken much to his embarrassment. A lovely night - bill as 141.35 euros with SH discount (but on looking at the bill, just noticed they have charged my DD1 as a 12 year old buffet price - even though they asked their ages when we went in and she is only 7 (and doesn't look 12) - just goes to show - double check the bill!).

Love this photo...

674.jpg

Cont:

Day five cont:

We headed into the Park - it was getting quite late by this point. As we had VIP FPs we thought it would be rude not to ride BTM :cool1:, so we did twice! We then did Peter Pan twice and Buzz once. We were quite late getting a spot for Dreams so sat on on the Discoveryland sign walled area so that the girls could see. The view was pretty good although we couldn't really see Peter Pan from this angle - the rest was good though.

LOTS of photos (not great quality!) follow of Dreams so if you don't want to see... look away.... ;)

716.jpg

724.jpg

728.jpg

731.jpg

733.jpg

734.jpg

737.jpg

742.jpg

745.jpg

749.jpg

750.jpg

753.jpg

758.jpg

773.jpg

779.jpg

After the eventful day we were all ready for bed once again...

Have loved your trip report. Many thanks for sharing.

Your girls are so cute. They look fab in their costumes.

I can hardly believe what terrible service that you got at DLH. Hope you get a good response from your letter to them. In the past I have sent a copy of my complaint to the CEO of the company (always send it private and confidential as then it tends not to be opened by lower members of the staff). Then at least you know you have complained to the top.:thumbsup2

Another lovely update. Love being first in the park! Makes you feel really special doesn't it :love:

DLH.....well, all I can say is, you should have stuck with HNY ;) Seriously though, it is just not good enough. How can they not link the two bookings, that's basic hotel stuff :confused3 I wouldn't accept that from ANY hotel. And to say that for better service you should be in Castle Club is absolutely unacceptable. How dare they! You've paid an absolute fortune to be at DLH!! The price difference between all the other hotels isn't that much, eg from NPB to HNY it can under £100 difference, which is why we usually just go for HNY - but the difference from that to DLH is absolutey massive! Hundreds and hundreds of pounds more. I hope your letter of complaint is on it's way.

Well, hurrah for more VIP FP's, I feel more BTM will be on the cards for tomorrow :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter