The Essence of Bawb

Renysmom

DIS Veteran
Just found this post by Bob...in regards to the thread "Is it really ok to laugh at BAWB" http://disboards.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=158

This is just reason why we loved him so much so I thought I would share

"Hi Folks, I feel it is time to address this thread. It is ok to laugh at BAWB. I am right there laughing as well. I am embarrised that this thread has actually gone this long before I jumped in to comment.

Those that are new to the podcast must understand that when a person brings props into an audio only podcast he is expecting to have comments directed at him. If you wear 20 lbs of beads collected from the Mardi Gras weekend, you have to expect it will bring comments. If you wear a hawaiian flower shirt to the show you are going to attract attention. If you bring in empty Dole Whips to the round table you are going to expect comments. If you highjack a rapid fire you are going to bring comments. The people at the round table are only human. If you hold up an empty Dole whip cup for them after you tell them you brought them one, you are going to get a reaction. If you hold a lightning rod in your hands you are going to get attention.

The people at the Round Table are my best friends. We have fun each week sitting down and just having a conversation. We may kid around but it's all part of the show. I love each and every one of them and having this thread out there is not something I enjoy to see. I really feel bad it is on the boards.

I just want you to know that each week I sit there behind my mike listening to the opening on the show and words can not tell you how happy I am to hear Pete say "with me this week are my close friends Bob Varley, Julie Martin, Corey Martin, Kevin Klose, and John Magi." These people are really true friends and all the kidding is just in fun.

I hope this gives people a better feeling of what goes on in the show.

off to cry again!!!!

I am off to cry with you thank you for reposting this quote I had not seen it before!!

RIP Bawb!!

:sad1: Set me of AGAIN!

My flatmates are gonna start getting suspicious of all the red eyes.

:sad1: Set me of AGAIN!

My flatmates are gonna start getting suspicious of all the red eyes.

:hug:

I am kind of glad my DH is away on business at the moment - he just wouldn't get me at the moment

Thanks for posting. That comment about bring the dole whips was about a question I sent in last year. As I read I can hear his voice in his typed words. I asked about the pricing, if they were on the dining plan and if they were really that good. He read my email on the show and talked about how he had gone over to MK to get everyone dole whips. He brought a cooler to the podcast with him. He told the crew that the cups were empty because with the heat, he was "forced" to drink all the dole whips before they melted. Everyone had a great laugh. Bob always seemed to give everyone a laugh.;) What a great guy!

wow, thank you for posting that.. I never saw it before. I will admit that I used to listen to the podcast a lot but I never came over here to the podcast board and posted until one day everyone was picking on Bawb and I felt really bad for him. I guess I just didn't understand the dynamic of the show and the relationships. I immediately joined the "Bawb Club" (I think that might have been my first post) and now I get it and I realize that the picking on Bawb was all in fun and he knew this.

thanks again.... :grouphug:

What an amazing guy.... what can we say?? He will be missed more than words can put it.....

Amy

Great memories. That was the Bob I knew from listening. I am crying and laughing at the same time just remembering the Dole Whip incident. We will all miss him so much. I keep listening to the "Bobisms" over and over. He was so funny I still cant believe he is gone.

Thanks for digging up that post. I was moved by it when I first read it, and of course it means even more now.

Kathy

You know, the last thing I expected to read when I logged on today is that we had lost Bob.

I've been away for a few days and was happy to be finally getting to my podcast.

Not only am I stunned, but more saddened than I can even express. I was one of those that always thought everyone was so hard on Bob. (He always reminded me of a favorite uncle, someone you couldn't help but adore) So when I first read this, I was kind of relieved...now, after his passing, it's a reminder that people can touch you in the most unlikely ways.

I have to think he's going to be spreading magic in more ways than we will ever know. Now he's got unlimited pixie dust!

God Bless Bob, though I have a feeling he doesn't need such sentiment...and to his wonderful family, my heart is with you.

Of course Bob got it! I'm so glad that he was part of my life. Along with the other members of the Podcast crew he enhanced my love of all things Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter