The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ate in the main dining room on a Sat. last month - it was $125 per person.

I guess Disney has instituted a price increase. When I made a reservation for 10/23 yesterday, I was informed by the CM for Friday and Saturday reservations the price is $145 per person. Oh well!

Here is a recent menu from the Dining Room

1 - Amuse Bouche

2 - Tamarind-Ancho Marinated Gulf Shrimp with Heirloom Tomato Vinaigarette
Jumbo Lump and Dungeness Crab with California Asparagus Salad
Iranian Golden Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnish ($150 ½ oz, $300 1 oz)

3 - Truffle Cured Poussin with Spring Morels and English Peas
Poached South Carolina Quail with Black Mission Figs and Fuji Apples
Pan Roasted Foie Gras with Georgia Peach Tart and Mostarda di Cremona ($20)

4 - Virginia Black Bass Amandine with Bean Ragout and Marcona Almonds
Alaskan Red King Salmon with Torpedo Onions and Demi-Tasse Cup of Smoked Salmon
Seared Wild Turbot with Toasted Capers and Meyer Lemon ($30)

5 - Niman Ranch Lamb with Artichokes and Zellwood Corn
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Banana Squash Ragout
Marcho Farms Veal Tenderloin with Braised Veal Cheeks and Burgundy Poached Sweet Breads
Australian "Kobe" Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic Puree ($35)
Japanese Wagyu Strip Loin with Oxtail Jus ($80)

6 - Colson Bassett Stilton, Tarentaise and Nettle Meadow Kunik
White Chocolate Gelato with Micro Mint

7 - Tanzanian Chocolate Pyramid, Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle and Peruvian Chocolate Ice Cream & Pastry
Berry Gateau with Mango Yogurt Panna Cotta
Caramelized Banana Gateau
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Grand Marnier Souffle
Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle

8 - "Celebes" Coffee, Tea and Friandise

And, for the most unusual restaurant review ever of the Chef's Table, try this link. This review is not mine, but it tells everything with photos.

Here is a recent menu from the Dining Room

1 - Amuse Bouche

2 - Tamarind-Ancho Marinated Gulf Shrimp with Heirloom Tomato Vinaigarette
Jumbo Lump and Dungeness Crab with California Asparagus Salad
Iranian Golden Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnish ($150 ½ oz, $300 1 oz)

3 - Truffle Cured Poussin with Spring Morels and English Peas
Poached South Carolina Quail with Black Mission Figs and Fuji Apples
Pan Roasted Foie Gras with Georgia Peach Tart and Mostarda di Cremona ($20)

4 - Virginia Black Bass Amandine with Bean Ragout and Marcona Almonds
Alaskan Red King Salmon with Torpedo Onions and Demi-Tasse Cup of Smoked Salmon
Seared Wild Turbot with Toasted Capers and Meyer Lemon ($30)

5 - Niman Ranch Lamb with Artichokes and Zellwood Corn
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Banana Squash Ragout
Marcho Farms Veal Tenderloin with Braised Veal Cheeks and Burgundy Poached Sweet Breads
Australian "Kobe" Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic Puree ($35)
Japanese Wagyu Strip Loin with Oxtail Jus ($80)

6 - Colson Bassett Stilton, Tarentaise and Nettle Meadow Kunik
White Chocolate Gelato with Micro Mint

7 - Tanzanian Chocolate Pyramid, Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle and Peruvian Chocolate Ice Cream & Pastry
Berry Gateau with Mango Yogurt Panna Cotta
Caramelized Banana Gateau
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Grand Marnier Souffle
Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle

8 - "Celebes" Coffee, Tea and Friandise

And, for the most unusual restaurant review ever of the Chef's Table, try this link. This review is not mine, but it tells everything with photos.

How recent is this menu, and do I really see foie gras as a choice?

How recent is this menu, and do I really see foie gras as a choice?
When they call to ask your preferences, just tell them you want foie gras. They'll see if they can make it available for you, even if it's not standard.

When they call to ask your preferences, just tell them you want foie gras. They'll see if they can make it available for you, even if it's not standard.

Hmmm.... I was under the impression (from a couple of very good sources) that all of the WDW restaurants had removed foie gras from their menus.

I guess Disney has instituted a price increase. When I made a reservation for 10/23 yesterday, I was informed by the CM for Friday and Saturday reservations the price is $145 per person. Oh well!

It's possible that this is going to be an across the board increase, too; it's been about two years since the price of dinner at V&A has increased so it's probably the "right" time for them to do so again. I'm just speculating but it wouldn't surprise me.

Hmmm.... I was under the impression (from a couple of very good sources) that all of the WDW restaurants had removed foie gras from their menus.

same here...if anyone has on good authority (visual proof with a dated photo would be preferable ;) ) that they do have foie (by request or otherwise), please let me know! That would make our maybe eating there a definite! :)

Be still my heart ... foie gras ... :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

We wants it ... we needs it ... we must have it!!! :rotfl2:

omg!!
hello from the uk, i have just been reading bits of this thread to dh, who is a french head chef, and so a massivvvee foodie!
this will be our first trip and i would love to do the chefs table, i teach food and hospitality, so i think with our "background" we d get a massive kick out of watching them prep.
we are travelling next aug, so i have alot of time;), but any tips for getting the chefs table?? can i 90+10 it??

thanks
tracy

p.s as we are on the ddp, do you think the tow would be beneficila to us?

Only if you are on the Platinum Plan ,but if you add the extras like Kobe beef you must pay for those.~~AnnMarie​

I'm highly skeptical unless I get someone to verify that they've done this recently. When I went to V&A last October, it was right after they took foie gras away from WDW restaurants. I wrote an email to WDW Guest Communications, putting in my phone number in case someone wanted to reply about my comments.

Well, when I was at WDW, I did get a phone call from someone from Disney. She said that they appreciated my comments, but they didn't have any plans to bring back the foie gras. Considering that I first had foie gras there in 1996, and they had foie gras available until late September/early October of 2008, I found it hard to believe her comments that "restaurants will often change their menus". Foie gras isn't an item that tends to disappear unless there's a politically correct reason. :rolleyes:

Tonight I am creating a little V&A magic.

We loved the champagne that they served with the amuse bouche course and when I got home I bought a bottle.

Tonight we decided to drink it for no reason at all. We toasted to it being Thursday! I am at home in my PJ's drinking some good champagne out of crystal champagne glasses and just thinking about our next V&A visit in October!

Tonight I am creating a little V&A magic.

We loved the champagne that they served with the amuse bouche course and when I got home I bought a bottle.

Tonight we decided to drink it for no reason at all. We toasted to it being Thursday! I am at home in my PJ's drinking some good champagne out of crystal champagne glasses and just thinking about our next V&A visit in October!

that sounds like an absurdly, decadently wonderful evening!

Recent CT Menu

scan0001.jpg

Not shown on the menu, but also included was a Braised Wagyu Short Rib, along with the two other beefs.

And I did not take the wine pairings, but did participate in the Champagne Toast, so that is why the Champagne is the only beverage on my menu.

Recent CT Menu

Not shown on the menu, but also included was a Braised Wagyu Short Rib, along with the two other beefs.

And I did not take the wine pairings, but did participate in the Champagne Toast, so that is why the Champagne is the only beverage on my menu.

Thanks for the picture of the menu! Do you remember anything specific about the salt bowl that was with the elk? Did you happen to take any pictures? For some reason this just fascinates me!

I really am afraid they would hate to see me come eat here. There are so many foods I can't eat. Out of all the courses listed on Cheshire Figment's menu there are only 3 courses I could eat as is.

The salt bowl was a red/pink salt of some sort. It was about six or seven inches in diameter and about three inches high. They said they do actually wash off a layer of salt after each meal; the bowl will last for about ten to 12 meals before it becomes too thin to use. And it really did not add too much of a salt taste to the food.

I really am afraid they would hate to see me come eat here. There are so many foods I can't eat. Out of all the courses listed on Cheshire Figment's menu there are only 3 courses I could eat as is.
I don't think they'd hate you at all! Do you happen to watch Top Chef Masters? These are well-established master chefs in a competition. Last week, their challenge was to cook a vegan, gluten-free, soy free luncheon! They took it as a real challenge, and a number of them made what was described as truly wonderful food. And they had to do it on the fly.

I'm certain that, with a number of days advanced notice, they would embrace any challenge you may pose to them. It may stretch their expertise, and real chefs enjoy that challenge.

The salt bowl was a red/pink salt of some sort. It was about six or seven inches in diameter and about three inches high. They said they do actually wash off a layer of salt after each meal; the bowl will last for about ten to 12 meals before it becomes too thin to use. And it really did not add too much of a salt taste to the food.

Thank you! It sounds beautiful. I hope we get something served in one when we go.

I don't think they'd hate you at all! Do you happen to watch Top Chef Masters? These are well-established master chefs in a competition. Last week, their challenge was to cook a vegan, gluten-free, soy free luncheon! They took it as a real challenge, and a number of them made what was described as truly wonderful food. And they had to do it on the fly.

I'm certain that, with a number of days advanced notice, they would embrace any challenge you may pose to them. It may stretch their expertise, and real chefs enjoy that challenge.

Oh yes, we love this series. We haven't watched this week yet because we haven't had time. That sounds like a great challenge.

True, real chefs would enjoy the challenge. Thank you for pointing that out. I can't make our reservations (and I know they don't ask for your allergies until shortly before your arrival) until October but I've already got my list of "no foods" taped to the monitor to make sure I don't leave anything out. There are 13 items on the list and some are generic like fish and shellfish. I'm afraid if I don't have a list in front of me I'll forget something like bananas. I've always been able to eat them until recently.

At first we were only going to eat here if we could get the Chef's Table but now I think we will go no matter what. We'll just have to make sure we are presentable enough. ;)

So please tell me if this is ridiculous.

I am not a huge alcohol drinker, I like wine, but I don't drink anything in large quantities. During our visit, I would like to try the wine paring, to see what it's like to have great wine with food and have them compliment each other. However, I have been hearing the the servings of wine with each dish are a little bigger than you might be able to bear.

So, and please, if this it totally innapropriate just tell me, I don't really know the ettiquit (wow, spelling??) for it. If my fiance orders the wine pairing with his meal, would I be able to take a sip of his to try it? Or could we split who gets which course? I'm not trying to be cheap or anything, hehe, I just don't want to drink a lot but would like to experience it a little?

Thanks in advanace for reply oh so nicely :littleangel:

The servers would be glad to split the glasses between courses, and of course you can sip your husband's wine!

The servers at V&A are professionals, they truly want you to be happy and satisfied.

It's all about you!

We split the wine pairing - no problem at all. I was glad that we did - it was a lot of wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter