The Godfather's Live Trip Report, photopass added post #442

Probably see you soon then, there's three flights to Orlando today, I assume the VS175 is overflow from VS075! Never seen that before. Definitely won't help the argument about prices being too high.

I didn't see that flight, look out for me. Enjoy your trip. :)

Its yesterdays VS75 :scared1:
From Virgins website:
The following flight matches your search criteria. Please note that all times listed are local.
Flight number VS 075
Departure date 04 Aug 2011
Route Manchester (MAN) to Orlando (MCO)
Scheduled departure time 04 Aug 11:00
Estimated departure time 05 Aug 12:00
Scheduled arrival time 04 Aug 15:25
Estimated arrival time 05 Aug 15:47

Additional flight status information

Due to unforeseen circumstances we regret this flights departure has been delayed overnight. This flight will now depart as VS175 on Friday 5th August. Virgin Atlantic apologises for the inconvenience this delay has caused.

Safe flight Wayne and tell Matt he should half hour less in the uncomfortable seats as it looks like favourable winds with reduced flying time with an estimated early landing!

My Dad is happy! We were offered exit row seats upon boarding, free of charge! Take off in a few minutes!

Ooo this is very exciting,love all the amazing piccies! Cant wait to read more, this is really getting me in the mood for our trip now!!! Gotta concentrate on the wedding first.tho! :cool1:
Christine xxx

My Dad is happy! We were offered exit row seats upon boarding, free of charge! Take off in a few minutes!

Bet you are too matt.Just read your blog about virgin not catering for tall people. They must have read your blog:cool1::rotfl2: Your up in the air now.Safe trip.

i hope we have your luck with seats..

right now DD and i are in the 3rd to last row, which is bad, but even worse, she and i are in the middle middle....
you know how there are 4 seats in the middle section...with an aisle on each side of it...
so DD and i are in the 2 seats in the middle with a stranger on either side of us...
so we don't have any access to an aisle and we have to climb over strangers to get out....and we're at the back of the plane.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

the TA has been trying to get the airline to move us but so far no luck...

Have a fantastic trip Wayne. Let me know if you would like another god-daughter - I'm a bit old at 40 though...:rotfl:

So excited to hear all about your trip Wayne
What a lucky God Daughter having you as a tour guide !!!
She will be an expert on Fast Pass and ADRs before she is even 4 years old !!
Have a fab time :)

A quick post as its now 11:30pm, 4:30am UK & getting a little tired.

Eventful start to the holiday. 1st time with them for 3 years after poor flights with them. Relatives went thru gate to plane no problem but they pulled us to say we had upgrade to exit seat initially refused asked if possible to stay with relatives but they were appolgetic saying the needed our seats for special needs, we accepted to move no problem.
Great seats, more leg room than any biz class or upper class but downside we were near toilet, this only matters at the end of movie cycle or after meal when many want to use the toilets the congregate around this area, didn't bother us but it does others(if paid extra)
Now the fun, 30 mins into the flight elderly man behind me started being ill, after a while they decided to take his blood pressure and a few other tests but they needed to move our seats, they asked if we minded going Upto upper class and sitting at the bar for a while, hmmm let me think, go on then if I must. We sat up there about 30 mins, Karen & Matt eating all the choc squares & crisps off the bar, had a drink each (in glass:)) this was great until they started bringing out all the food, thankfully we had eaten in Frankie & Benny's and never intended to eat on the plane.
Slight problem now, they were short of room and seats still not ready so they asked if we would go upstairs for a while, we sat in cabin crew seats (there was 1 PE seat available if we wanted but we refused) after 10-15 mins up here the staff were getting concerned about the way we were being treated, in reality after 30 years of travel this was turning into a great flight seeing all the aircraft and having staff running around after us. Member of cabin staff (from Castleford) was then asked by the lady in charge to take our details and offer us something, we were offered a bottle of any drink they had, Champagne, 2 bottles of wine, anything, we opted for vodka, got a litre of Smirnoff. Eventually after about 50-60 mins we got our seats back but the senior member of staff was round a few times asking if she could get us anything, even offered us some cake, we refused.
After the last 3-4 years of me moaning about Virgin, todays flight was totally the opposite, we saw the best of them, they could not have done anything else for us or to care for the gentleman behind us.
Immigration no problem but luggage soooooo slow. Straight out to the garage with rapid checkin and express, couldn't be any easier, everythinf done online so just hand over the keys, gave us a Chrysler Town & Country fully loaded, sat radio, dvd player, doors (and trunk) open or close with touch of a button, best bit is the reversing camera, see rear of car in full colour brilliant gadget.
Time for bed now, MK for opening :)

Glad you had a safe flight & that they treated you well on the plane:thumbsup2 Know what you mean about the reversing cameras we have them in the newer ambulances & they are great.

Have a fab time & I look forward to the updates:goodvibes

OMG!! the saga continues!! they really owe your vouchers, not a bottle of vodka....if they did it right, you'd get coupons for a big discount on your next flight...

i've never been on virgin so i'm not familiar with the plane....
when you say 'sitting at the bar' does that mean a seat without seatbelts? like a regular bar stool.....if that's true that's actually outrageous that they had you sitting in seats like that....had there been sudden violent turbulence (as happened to me on my last flight from amsterdam) you might have been injured....
and while that could happen any time someone is by the bar, it wasn't your choice to be there..
perhaps i'm wrong and there are seatbelts there...but if not, no american airline could ever get away with the liability of a situation like that..

they really do owe you vouchers....if not a free flight, then coupons on a massive discount plus upgrade....
while it wasn't their fault that the man needed your seat, it also wasn't your fault....and you're paying passengers..

(ok...the lawyer in me will stop now)..

anyway.....definitely eventful!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

here's hoping that all other events on your holiday are somewhat less eventful!! ;)

and what? no pictures of upper class? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter