The Great Locomotive Chase Review

IllinoisJones

Displaying My Ears
The Great Locomotive Chase (1956)
The Civil War story of a Northern spy and his band of raiders in the Deep South who commandeer a confederate train and attempt to drive it to the North, destroying the Southern rails along the way. At the height of his popularity, Fess Parker plays lead spy and America hero, James J Andrews. Directed by Francis D. Lyon. There's plenty of good guy, bad guy Western style action and the train chase is exciting. There are surprisingly some depressing moments but overall, I enjoyed this film. This is also a special movie for me because of its release history. It's world premiere took place at the Uptown Theater in Walt's boyhood hometown of Marceline, Missouri on July 4, 1956 with Walt in attendance. That theater has been turned into a bed and breakfast and I've had the pleasure of staying there. I give the movie 3 out of 5 chuga chugas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter