The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

The actual rule from the state park service follows same guidelines as those set by the Disabilities Act of 1990. Thus, the acute injuries such as broken bones are notspecifically included only those deemed chronic or episodic and diagnosed by primary provider. There is a list on the Act's website showing inclusions. Acute short term injury such as broken long bones are not listed.

Besides, by the time they got it cleared the bone would have already healed.

Last edited:
The actual rule from the state park service follows same guidelines as those set by the Disabilities Act of 1990. Thus, the acute injuries such as broken bones are notspecifically included only those deemed chronic or episodic and diagnosed by primary provider. There is a list on the Act's website showing inclusions. Acute short term injury such as broken long bones are not listed.

Besides, by the time they got it cleared the bone would have already healed.

Again, though that's why I say:
it's been my experience that, for fear of litigation, very few businesses will "Question" someone's "Handicap" (or in this case mobility disability).

... tomorrow I have my second of three interviews with the Sheriffs department. Hopefully in a month I will employed again. The unfortunate part is it may effect my time for this meet and greet. I will keep my reservation the first week and attend what I can when I'm off. If I'm lucky I will be able to get a few extra days off.

Good luck with your interview(s), Flametamr. I hope the best works out for you.

I know you have to put work first if it came to that and since you could have that goatee/beard, a black uniform, and a car with the spinning blue lights all working for you, you could probably scare the beejeebees out of me.

I'm sure enough time has passed that any record of a traffic stop by the OBP on the west side of the Perdido bridge near the Perdido Beach Resort that happened in the late 1990's would surely be purged, no? Around 2 a.m.? Maybe? Possibly? Is there a statute of limitations? And a passenger can't be charged if he's not the actual driver, can he?

Just asking, uh, for a friend ... :rolleyes1

I'll still have the puzzle out for you every morning hoping you can stop by. :cool2:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I have my second of three interviews with the Sheriffs department. Hopefully in a month I will employed again.
I hope the interviews go well. We may need someone with a badge to help us out if we pick up on the shenanigans that were supposed to have occurred last year.

Although the roughest plans I've heard so far are going to see the new POTC movie. Are we getting old or what?

j

Jim,

Last year we seemed to get in more trouble when we avoided the originally planned shenanigans. Such as Randy and I breaking several federal laws with a side of beef and a battery powered reciprocating saw. Who would of thought?

Then there was Joe and the guard at the entrance to NAS Pensacola.

Figured this year it was probably going to be more entertaining to just wait and let Fate take its course.

Okay so my interview went extremely well. Everyone else was in there 30-45 minutes. Mine was done in 15. They said they only ask a couple of questions to people they know and feel comfortable with. So basically if I pass the polygraph (?), medical and background checks I'm in. Funny thing as I leave the interview I see my part time job at Dauphin Island is calling. I'm asked to come in as soon as I can make it. I get there and basically get offered full time. Another employee is being terminated. I agreed to work the slot until I hear back from the Sheriff. Then I may accept it or give them a notice. On a sad note I was on the fence about going to Disney this next week for a few days. That is out now and maybe for a good while.

Last edited:
Okay so my interview went extremely well. I may accept it or give them a notice. On a sad note I was on the fence about going to Disney this next week for a few days. That is out now and maybe for a good while.
Kind of a good news/bad news scenario.

You have to do what's best for you right now. Disney will still be there when work and time allow.

j

Jim that's my plan. I have to get back on the horse and catch up. I'm only sad because I wanted to take my daughter for a few days. She has been kept away a lot during the divorce. It was going to be a reward trip her and a decompression trip for me. I'm probably going to miss the Dark Side 10 K also. Now my goal will be to get her to the Pandora opening if even for short visit.

We have been put on the waiting list. If we are able to come it will be May 25th thru May 31st. If your Golf Cart is street legal, then you can use it. I hope this is not being rude, if anyone has to cancel, please let us have your site. This is what we get for dragging our feet. See You Real Soon!! I hope

Okay, hoping this works out and you guys can make it.

if anyone has to cancel, please let us have your site. See You Real Soon!! I hope
We don't plan on cancelling, but let's hope someone does. I'm not sure when the cancellation window is, but it may be last minute warning.

j

I'm wanting to say that last year the lady told me at check-in at GSP that the wait list for that weekend had gotten as long as 150 people. I'm not sure how many had gotten a site due to cancellation. The sooner you get on the list the better your chances so hopefully it will work out.

We are 30 on the list. I am putting my vacation time in @ work just in case we di get a call. It will take us approx. 9 to 10 hrs to drive. Both of us will drive, so if we gat a call close to our check in day, I think we will be OK. if not, no ones fought except ours.

If anyone is interested again this year, the Blue Angels practice schedule has them practicing in Pensacola on May 30th and 31st. This is of course pending weather. Randy and I had already talked about going back as we didn't get to see all of the aviation museum and didn't get to tour the lighthouse and would like to try again.

Here is a link to the website
https://www.blueangels.navy.mil/show/

Warning if you do go to the Blue Angels show do not talk on your phone as you pull up to the gate police. They do not like that at all. I was the recipient of a terrible tongue lashing for doing such a terrible thing. But in my defense I was on the phone with the base Fire Chief trying to arrange a back stage area tour for our group. But those that didn't go last year I highly recommend going this year. Also the Lighthouse tour is great too and if you take a picnic they have tables where you can relax and eat.

Follow up to my earlier post. Not sure if it's a blessing or a curse. My situation has changed again. They decided to offer the full time slot on the Island to another guy since I drug my feet. Still no word yet from the Sheriff's department. The good news is I booked a hotel for next week and will get to take my daughter after all if nothing else interferes. We're leaving Saturday 3-18 and spending the night with my son in Gainesville then going to Kissimmee on Sunday. We'll spend the evening at Disney Springs and hit the parks running Monday thru Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter