The Incredibles go to Disney World-Spring Break 2010-UPDATED 4/25!!!

PISCESANGEL

ILoveDisney!
Hi all! Let me introduce myself... I am PiscesAngel, otherwise known as the Disney Fanatic! I've written a couple of other trip reports, but that was part of my old life... let me explain:

My then DH and I used to take our children to WDW a couple of times a year. Well, late in 2008 we split up and it was very devastating. :sad2: My two children and I, DD17 and DS10 picked ourselves up and moved on together and have been a support system for each other in the past year or so since he left. I love my sweet children so much, I don't know where I'd be without them.

Then enters Chad... a guy I've known since the 8th grade, we dated then in fact. Well, we started talking again last year and he has been a very good friend to me. Well, actually he has been incredible. Hence, the name Incredibles to describe the wonderful people I'm bringing with me to Disney, which leads me to the cast:

Mr. Incredible (Chad- DBF aka MrI)- a fun guy I've known for a very long time, wasn't much of a Disney fan until he saw how happy it makes me! :lovestruc He worked on the Disney cruise line, traveled with the touring group Stomp for 6 years, and has since done many stagehand stints at the White House, etc. until he finally settled back here in Ohio for little ole me. Cause he loves me, or something... :goodvibes

Mrs. Incredible (Me aka MrsI)- a SUPER BIG Disney fan of course, and Accountant for a local theatre by day. We bring in big Broadway shows and I really do love what I do. But not more than Disney. ;) And of course, Mom to two wonderful children. :flower3:

Violet (DD aka Vi)- If there's any girl who gives me a run for my money for loving Disney, it's this girl! She loves it so much she and I have 'planning parties' quite regularly and make packing lists together like it's our job. :lmao: She is 17 now but will turn 18 before we leave! :eek: Not to mention she already has her college picked out and has been accepted... :scared1:

Dash (DS aka Dash)- This is my Disney boy. He plays along with all of my antics and is a good sport when I tell him he needs to wear this or that so that he matches all of us! :rotfl: He LOVES video games and skateboarding... what can I say? He's your average 10-year-old boy. :)

Frozone (DD's BF aka Fro)- This is my daughter's sweet, never-been-to-Disney boyfriend! He is currently working and going to school, but has been considering going into the Marines... so we've gotta break him in quick! :lmao: He is very much looking forward to this trip with us, and we are so happy to have him. :goodvibes

Well, that's us in a nut shell. Next I will share with you our ADRs and the super sweet deal we got on a room at the Yacht Club- we've never stayed Deluxe so I can't wait! :dance3:

Well, we thought about flying, but for five of us, that's just way too expensive! :eek:

So we decided to drive. :drive: We are renting from (insert name brand here) because by best friend's sister works there, and is getting us a mini van for the price of a mid-size so that makes things much more affordable!

The plan is to pick up the van early on that Friday morning, come back to the house, load it up and head out. We are driving about 12 hours that day, and stopping at a Hampton Inn in Valdosta for the night. No sense cramming everyone into a van for 16 hours and getting no sleep!! :rotfl: The next morning we will get up early and do the final 4 hours to Disney World. We are as I mentioned before, staying at the Yacht Club, for 7 days and 6 nights. Either way, whether we get our room right away or not, we are most likely heading to Hollywood Studios. Naturally, we've gone back and forth on whether to go to a park this day at all, or just head to Downtown Disney, so I guess this may just be a 'wait and see' day. As for the rest of our days, our ADRs have been made and look like this:

Sunday- Crystal Palace breakfast
Monday- Biergarten lunch
Tuesday- LeCellier lunch for me, MrI and Dash
Tuesday eve-Planet Hollywood for Violet and Frozone (it's their 1 year anniversary!)
Wednesday- 50's Prime Time lunch
Thursday- Kona breakfast
Friday- no plans... leaving this day :sad1:

Other than our ADRs we will be eating counter service. We really did get a great deal on this package because when I called in I got the room, tickets and the Quick Service Dining plan all included for the price of a Moderate, it was like 40% off! So, needless to say, we won't go hungry. :goodvibes

Some of the counter services I'd like to make sure we go to are:

WPE
Sunshine Seasons
Tangierine Cafe
Columbia Harbor House

Not sure where to go in the Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :thumbsup2

Also, if anyone has pictures or reviews of any of the places I've mentioned I'd be happy if you share them... :love:

Until next time...

Thanks for reading!

Yay I'm in!! Sounds like a great trip!!!

Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ are my favs at AK...more Yak and Yeti for the yummy mango pie! MMMMM!!

I'm in popcorn::, followed you over from Queen's PTR/TR ;)

I second Amanda on Flame Tree at AK, haven't tried Yak and Yeti yet, so I'll :worship: to her better judgement there :goodvibes

Yay I'm in!! Sounds like a great trip!!!

Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ are my favs at AK...more Yak and Yeti for the yummy mango pie! MMMMM!!

:welcome: Thanks for joining- I've heard alot about both Flame Tree and Yak and Yeti... I need to add those to the list!

I'm in popcorn::, followed you over from Queen's PTR/TR ;)

I second Amanda on Flame Tree at AK, haven't tried Yak and Yeti yet, so I'll :worship: to her better judgement there :goodvibes

:cheer2: Yay!! Thanks for coming over!! Flame Tree is sounding like a winner. :goodvibes

More soon...

Well, I just got off of the phone with Disney...and I decided to upgrade to the Full Service Dining Plan with 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 Snack per person per day.

Surely you DISers know what this means??? I will need to make some changes to my ADRs as well as a possible addition of a TS or two... :rolleyes1

So I was thinking of maybe starting off our trip on Saturday with an ADR at Teppan Edo in Epcot. We like the idea of having the food prepared in front of us and we are all in agreement that we love Japanese food. :lovestruc Has anyone tried this? I also saw that there is Tokyo Dining which I also liked the menu for, but I got the feeling it is more casual?? Any help on this is appreciated, but as it stands I believe I will be making the ADR for Teppan Edo for our first night.

The other dilemma I have is that we have a Biergarten ressie for lunch on Monday, but I'm thinking of doing Ohana for dinner that day because it is the only day I can get an ADR for 5 for dinner. So... do I move Biergarten? And who knows where I could move it?? I'm actually considering letting go of the LeCellier lunch on Tuesday. That ressie is only for 3 because they were full (of course!) and if I let it go, then maybe all 5 of us can do Biergarten this day. Oh, decisions decisions! :confused:

My last thought is about Yak and Yeti... I keep hearing about this and honestly that menu looks fab! I may just want to pay OOP for our Kona breakfast and use the final TS to try and do this. Still need to look at availabilty but this is sounding more and more appealing. :)

Guess I still have time to figure this all out, but I think I'm headed in the right direction anyway. Thanks everyone for reading along and for your input. I simply love the DIS because everyone has something to contribute to make a great Disney World vacation come together. :wizard:

Thanks everyone, and lurkers, please join us and comment too! :goodvibes

popcorn:: Joining In!

I have always wanted to try the Flame Tree, maybe this next trip in June.
Please let me know what you think of LeCellier, I have a ressie and we have never been.
Tried Yak and Yeti in 2008 with my family and my brother's family....the food was Mmmmm Mmmmm good. We had the DDP so it was a lot of food.

popcorn:: Joining In!

I have always wanted to try the Flame Tree, maybe this next trip in June.
Please let me know what you think of LeCellier, I have a ressie and we have never been.
Tried Yak and Yeti in 2008 with my family and my brother's family....the food was Mmmmm Mmmmm good. We had the DDP so it was a lot of food.

:welcome: Bear and Honey! Thanks for joining!

I'm happy to say that I have been to LeCellier for dinner on our last trip and we really enjoyed it! The pretzel bread they bring at the beginning of your meal is wonderful and the steaks were super tender and melt in your mouth good! :lovestruc I don't believe anything we had there was bad, so I don't think you can go wrong. I'll leave ya with a couple of pics from our meal:

471.jpg

474.jpg

Hello..... Joining in !!

I'm really sorry I don't have any suggestions for places to eat. This will actually be the first year I've ever done ADR's.

I promise I'll let you know about the CP breakfast when I get back though.

Looking forward to more!

BTW congrats to your DDfor getting into the college of her choice. :thumbsup2

Hello..... Joining in !!

I'm really sorry I don't have any suggestions for places to eat. This will actually be the first year I've ever done ADR's.

I promise I'll let you know about the CP breakfast when I get back though.

Looking forward to more!

BTW congrats to your DDfor getting into the college of her choice. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for joining!!!! :goodvibes

It's not a problem that you don't have suggestions, I think we're finally all set. :rolleyes: And thank you for the congrats to my DD- I'm really so proud of her.

I promise to do an update this weekend with my ADRS because I feel like it is all finalized.... finally! ;)

Thanks for reading! :surfweb:

Hello! :wave2: I am new to your PTR. We are driving to WDW from MI (but via Indiana since we will be picking up my Dad on the way down) and planning on stopping in Valdosta, GA for the night as well.

ADRs: BG was so so for us on our last trip but it may been more do to us not feeling so hot. We loved Le Cellier on the same trip.

DHS: I just read a horror story about Studio Catering Company. TS Pizza Planet is suppose to be really good but it is always crowded.

AK: what about Flame Tree or doing CS at Yak and Yeti? If you do CS at Y&Y you might be able to get away with a different TS ADR.

What a great guy you have in your life now!! Time to build happy memories again at Disney!! :goodvibes

Hello! :wave2: I am new to your PTR. We are driving to WDW from MI (but via Indiana since we will be picking up my Dad on the way down) and planning on stopping in Valdosta, GA for the night as well.

ADRs: BG was so so for us on our last trip but it may been more do to us not feeling so hot. We loved Le Cellier on the same trip.

DHS: I just read a horror story about Studio Catering Company. TS Pizza Planet is suppose to be really good but it is always crowded.

AK: what about Flame Tree or doing CS at Yak and Yeti? If you do CS at Y&Y you might be able to get away with a different TS ADR.

What a great guy you have in your life now!! Time to build happy memories again at Disney!! :goodvibes

Welcome to my PTR!! :goodvibes

Yes, it seems Valdosta is a good stopping point... sorry to hear BG was only so so but hopefully if the beer is good we should be ok! :laughing:

I think I agree about TS Pizza, that's the only one I think we've ever liked but I thought maybe I am missing out on something at HS. The more I read though I realize that there just aren't many good CS there. :confused3

AK: I have to try Flame Tree- I can't believe how many good reviews it gets!! As for Y&Y it still didn't make the cut even after finalizing our ADRs... you'll have to stay tuned to find out the TSs we did end up choosing. ;)

And yes, I absolutely do have a great guy now. He is the sweetest, most thoughtful person I think I have ever met. And he loves me for me, which is really nice for a change. :angel: I could go on and on but suffice it to say he loves my children and they love him too- things are better than I could have hoped for! So I am very blessed indeed. :cloud9:

I have a crazy work schedule right now as we are putting on 'Wicked' for 3 weeks at the theatre I work for. I'm working most evenings as an additional ticket scanner just to keep the lines moving since our theatre holds 2300 every night! :scared1: I love it though, seeing so many new faces at the theatre. My point is, I will do my best to update those ADRs in the next couple of days... by Sunday for sure! :thumbsup2

Till then... have a magical weekend everyone! :wizard:

Well, I'm here finally- it's been a very busy weekend!!

First off, yesterday we went to Disney on Ice in Columbus... it was a great show! My BF Chad ended up having to go to NYC for the weekend for work, so we ended up taking my DD, DS and my DD's BF. If I wasn't sure before about taking him, I am sure now that taking her boyfriend to Disney World is a good idea. He was so enthusiastic the whole time- it was adorable. :goodvibes

Anyway, onto the good stuff- I took some pictures to share... not too many turned out but you'll get the idea! ;)

282.jpg

298.jpg

307.jpg

313-1.jpg

318-1.jpg

Next, Im going to post ADRs! :thumbsup2

So, we finally narrowed things down a bit after changing our package. The ADRs shaped up quite nicely really. I'm feeling good about them because I truly look forward to every meal! :yay:

It starts with our first day, arrival day if you will...

27th
Teppan Edo- dinner

28th
Crystal Palace- breakfast
Boma- dinner (this one is a surprise for my DS- it is his FAVORITE in all of WDW)

29th
Ohana- dinner

30th
Le Chefs de France- dinner

31st
50's Prime Time- late lunch

1st
Kona- breakfast
Biergarten- dinner

We leave on the 2nd of April. :sad1: It's not so bad though, we're going to the beach for a night on our way home. I'm looking forward to seeing the ocean as that is also part of the Florida experience for me.
:love:

Already started packing some odds and ends that I don't want to forget. Also had t-shirts (and tank tops for us ladies,) made up with our names on them. They turned out very cute! :lovestruc They will also be part of a surprise that my DD is helping me with. We are making up bags for everyone with treats and the shirts, as well as some things that they may find useful. ;) We plan to put them out the night before we leave so that they are waiting for the boys the next morning. :woohoo:

Hopefully this week sometime I can get pictures of the shirts and post them as well as some of the items. It seems to be difficult though to lay this stuff out with the boys around- especially my 10-year-old!
:goodvibes

Looks like you had a great time at Disney on Ice--TFS! We are hoping it will come back through the area so we can watch it. It would be great it happened before our trip in September. :thumbsup2

ADRS: Yummy choices!! I will be interested in hearing your thoughts. I have been reading lots of people have decided on Teppan Edo this next go around but not about anyone's experience there. Looking forward to the many upcoming reviews of it. I would love to see the ocean while we are in Florida, maybe if we get up and go on Saturday when we leave we will take a small side trip before we drive to Atlanta.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get an opportunity!

Looks like you had a great time at Disney on Ice--TFS! We are hoping it will come back through the area so we can watch it. It would be great it happened before our trip in September. :thumbsup2

ADRS: Yummy choices!! I will be interested in hearing your thoughts. I have been reading lots of people have decided on Teppan Edo this next go around but not about anyone's experience there. Looking forward to the many upcoming reviews of it. I would love to see the ocean while we are in Florida, maybe if we get up and go on Saturday when we leave we will take a small side trip before we drive to Atlanta.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get an opportunity!

Yes, we had a great time at DOI- the kids loved it and they all agreed the timing couldn't be better- they're super pumped up to go to WDW now! :thumbsup2

I'm really looking forward to trying Teppan Edo and of course reviewing all of my ADR choices - I will make sure to get pics of course! Hope you get a chance to stop and see the ocean. :goodvibes

Speaking of pictures, the pics of the shirts and bag goodies are up next... :)

Well, I finally managed to find a time when most everyone was out of the house except my DS but he was preoccupied with video games, so I seized the moment! ;)

Here are the shirts:

For my DS...
014.jpg

And for my DD...
022.jpg

DD's BF (he loves all things NBC)...
020.jpg

My BF (he loves Muppets!)...
027.jpg

And for me... ;)
017.jpg

I also took some pictures of some of the items that are going into their bags, and of course, the bags! :laughing:

030.jpg

Mine and Angie's bag is yellow (but I didn't get a pic because it is still a work in progress...) and we are sharing since we are doing the surprise together for them. Here are the pics of the goodies:

Scrapbooking stickers, Mad Libs and Pixar Journals

036-1.jpg

Snacks, drinks, gum and containers...

034.jpg

And a few more things, activities, snack bags, etc...

032.jpg

031.jpg

That's all for now... only 24 days- I can't wait!!! :dance3::banana::yay:

Oh my goodness--those shirts are fantastic!! I love :lovestruc the silhouette of the vintage Mickey and Minnie. Mind me asking which DISigner you got it from, if you did get it from them. They look great!!

Great stuff for the treat bags. When are you giving them to them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter