The List: Things to bring to WDWCP!

What kind of pots do they supply? are they non stick - my mom wants to know this as well lol

M O N E Y!!!!! Ok, let me explain. If you are a college student who has no monthly bills (i.e. credit cards to pay on, insurance of any kind, cell phone bill) you will do just fine money-wise. If you have several bills to pay every month, it may be very hard for you to have extra money to go out and actually do anything in Orlando.

This is what I am worried about. If I didn't have to worry about anything else, I think I'd be fine.. but I have my car insurance and a car payment (Also why I want to BRING my car.. if I'm paying for it every month I'd like to be able to actually use it, ha ha) as well as some other stuff. Guess I'll just have to save save save before going.

This is what I am worried about. If I didn't have to worry about anything else, I think I'd be fine.. but I have my car insurance and a car payment (Also why I want to BRING my car.. if I'm paying for it every month I'd like to be able to actually use it, ha ha) as well as some other stuff. Guess I'll just have to save save save before going.
That is also what im thinking, i am trying to work as much as i can before i leave so i for sure have enough money for my car payment and insurance.

Like Jellipop was saying Im pretty sure you have to bring an ironing board too! I want to bring decorations too but I'm driving down so I gotta watch how much space I use, good thing I drive a Buick hahah:rotfl:

I think they make tiny ironing boards...I think we might have one in our house...it's like meant for dorms (why my family has one I have no idea)

What kind of pots do they supply? are they non stick - my mom wants to know this as well lol

They are NOT non-stick. The pots and pans supplied by them are old and not so nice. Even when using PAM/non-stick spray I had issues...Good thing one of my roommates brought nicer things with her.

From what I remember we had one large skillet/frying pan, a medium pot and a large pot and a baking sheet. They don't give you much. same with cooking utensils

You definetly want to bring money to get you through at least 2 weeks of living. You won't actually start working for a couple days after you get there and then your first pay check doesn't come for about 2 wks so your going to want to bring enough to get you through that time. Also keep in mind money for groceries, supplies, etc.

One helpful hint... Try not to go too overboard on the groceries during the beginning. I found myself at work a lot and usually eating 1 or 2 meals a day, if that. You also might wanna discuss with the roomates on who's bringing what and general rules toward food (ie. sharing or "dont touch my food"). Saves a lot of headaches later. :thumbsup2

Plus, I dont know whether ya'll are driving or not but catching the bus to walmart/store can be a bit of a hassle if you're carrying a lot of stuff! Hope this helps ya'll out some!

Recommendations:

*SPACE SAVER BAGS. I used them when flying, and I was able to bring a TON more stuff. But thats something to get beforehand.

*FLY SOUTHWEST. You get two free bags, and you pick your seat. I hate to pay for my second checked item.

*DO SITE-TO-STORE FOR BEDDING. They have super cheap sheets at walmart. I bought mine for (don't quote me, im going off the top of my head) $6 (each for a flat sheet and then a fitted one). It was the mainstays brand. I just looked on the site, and couldn't find them, but I have seen it in stores around here. Even if you buy it here, then do site-to-store for the comforter, you'll save. I'm just going to use space saver bags, that's what I did last time and I still had room.

*MONEY FOR WORK SHOES. You dont know exactly where you're working, and what shoes they will require. I had to borrow money from my family to buy them in the beginning. There is the shoe truck that you can buy shoes from, and it comes out of your paycheck, however I didn't find it til after I bought my work shoes. (I bought something cheap to last until I could get better ones. My cheap ones we 12, and the better ones I bought were 20 from Payless)

*A GOOD ATTITUDE. Try, try, try not to get stressed out during that first day. I saw a lot of conflict that first day between roomies because one got stressed (mostly due to parents). Usually, its stupid stuff, nothing to do with Disney either, just people realizing all of what they need at walmart.

*TOILET PAPER. Others said they didn't have any; we had some, but it wasn't the best. I like soft TP. Just a roll in your suitcase (they actually have travel sized TP at Target for a dollar), and you'll thank yourself later.

*PICTURES FROM HOME. They can help once the homesickness sets in. Print a couple, like 3 - 5, to tape along your mirror, and you'll be glad you did.

*CLEANING SUPPLIES. Do site-to-store, just so you don't have to fight for the last air freshener for the bathroom. I highly recommend the Scrubbing Bubbles toilet wand (with the disposable heads), as it's cheap and works amazingly.

*THOSE TUB CLING THINGS SO YOU DON'T SLIP IN THE SHOWER. I wish I had had them. I always meant to buy them, but keep forgetting when I was at walmart. They're cheap, and thin, so slide it in your purse if you have to.

*ALARM CLOCK. My cell phone likes to turn itself off randomly, thereby turning off my alarm. Can't be late for work! I bought my alarm clock there that also played my iPod. Best $40 ever spent (Site-To-Store)

*SHOWER CURTAIN. Because you know someone's cleaning it when you HAVE to shower for work. Bring an extra one so you wont have that issue.

Some things that have crossed my mind. Its pretty early, so if I think of anything else, I will let you know.

RE: CLOTHES (how much to bring) - I recommend the following
3 pairs of shorts, and 2 pairs of jeans (if you're fall only, then one pair of shorts, the rest jeans. Its gonna cool down right after you get there.)
5 tops (casual, hang out type)
2 nice pants/skirts for class/networking opportunities
2 nice shirts for same reason
1 pair dress shoes
2 pair comfy shoes
2 pair flip flops
This is a bare minimum recommendation. Feel free to bring more (I know I will! lol)

Recommendations:

*SPACE SAVER BAGS. I used them when flying, and I was able to bring a TON more stuff. But thats something to get beforehand.

*FLY SOUTHWEST. You get two free bags, and you pick your seat. I hate to pay for my second checked item.

*DO SITE-TO-STORE FOR BEDDING. They have super cheap sheets at walmart. I bought mine for (don't quote me, im going off the top of my head) $6 (each for a flat sheet and then a fitted one). It was the mainstays brand. I just looked on the site, and couldn't find them, but I have seen it in stores around here. Even if you buy it here, then do site-to-store for the comforter, you'll save. I'm just going to use space saver bags, that's what I did last time and I still had room.

*MONEY FOR WORK SHOES. You dont know exactly where you're working, and what shoes they will require. I had to borrow money from my family to buy them in the beginning. There is the shoe truck that you can buy shoes from, and it comes out of your paycheck, however I didn't find it til after I bought my work shoes. (I bought something cheap to last until I could get better ones. My cheap ones we 12, and the better ones I bought were 20 from Payless)

*A GOOD ATTITUDE. Try, try, try not to get stressed out during that first day. I saw a lot of conflict that first day between roomies because one got stressed (mostly due to parents). Usually, its stupid stuff, nothing to do with Disney either, just people realizing all of what they need at walmart.

*TOILET PAPER. Others said they didn't have any; we had some, but it wasn't the best. I like soft TP. Just a roll in your suitcase (they actually have travel sized TP at Target for a dollar), and you'll thank yourself later.

*PICTURES FROM HOME. They can help once the homesickness sets in. Print a couple, like 3 - 5, to tape along your mirror, and you'll be glad you did.

*CLEANING SUPPLIES. Do site-to-store, just so you don't have to fight for the last air freshener for the bathroom. I highly recommend the Scrubbing Bubbles toilet wand (with the disposable heads), as it's cheap and works amazingly.

*THOSE TUB CLING THINGS SO YOU DON'T SLIP IN THE SHOWER. I wish I had had them. I always meant to buy them, but keep forgetting when I was at walmart. They're cheap, and thin, so slide it in your purse if you have to.

*ALARM CLOCK. My cell phone likes to turn itself off randomly, thereby turning off my alarm. Can't be late for work! I bought my alarm clock there that also played my iPod. Best $40 ever spent (Site-To-Store)

*SHOWER CURTAIN. Because you know someone's cleaning it when you HAVE to shower for work. Bring an extra one so you wont have that issue.

Some things that have crossed my mind. Its pretty early, so if I think of anything else, I will let you know.

RE: CLOTHES (how much to bring) - I recommend the following
3 pairs of shorts, and 2 pairs of jeans (if you're fall only, then one pair of shorts, the rest jeans. Its gonna cool down right after you get there.)
5 tops (casual, hang out type)
2 nice pants/skirts for class/networking opportunities
2 nice shirts for same reason
1 pair dress shoes
2 pair comfy shoes
2 pair flip flops
This is a bare minimum recommendation. Feel free to bring more (I know I will! lol)

thanks so much for this! this list is great!:thumbsup2

Another thing to add to the list: a small umbrella. You WILL need it EVERY day in the summer. Just a small one you can pop in your purse/backpack. Best $5 you will ever spend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter