• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Loud Family Restaurant Reviews

sorul82?

<font color=red>I have an alibi<br><font color=lim
I will rank the food, service, and atmosphere(entertainment or characters) on a scale of 1-5, 1 being the worst, and 5 the best.

Day 1 Aug. 18 Lunch
Sci-Fi, 5 people. We arrived, checked in, and were promptly seated.
Service 5
Food 5
Atmosphere 5
I had a cheeseburger, onion rings, milkshake, and pecan apple crisp. DH had ribs, chili, milkshake, and happiest celebration cheesecake. Kidlets had fruit/cheese apps and shared all of our food. Will we return? Let's just say, don't block my path to the entrance!!

Day 1 Aug. 18 Dinner
O'Hana, 11 people. Checked in and were promptly seated.
Service 3
Food 4
Atmosphere 5
We received the chips, dips, salad, but no drinks. More stuff came, but no drinks. Finally, we received our drinks, but refills were slow and our cousin rolled his eyes everytime we asked for a refill. The food was good for the most part....a few chicken pieces were a little pink. The dessert was pretty good. I had also ordered a $12.50 cake which I had to ask for several times. The cake tasted better frozen than it did after it thawed. It took forever to pay (have credits deducted from the accounts). We were charged too many credits, but Pop took care of it later. Will we return? Possibly after we try some other places first.

Day 2 Aug. 19 Lunch
San Angel 11 people. Counter service, no wait.
Service 4
Food 5
Atmosphere 5
We had nachos, wet burrito, and kid meals. Everything was yummy! Will we definitely eat here again.

Day 2 Aug. 19 Dinner
Arkeshus, 10 people. Checked in and had a little wait, maybe 20 minutes.
Service 4
Food 4
Atmosphere 4 Cinderella was there. Not that we didn't want to see her, but we would see her at 1900 Park Fare, so we were hoping for another princess or Pocahontas. Oh well.
All of the kids had pizza. I had the salmon, others had pasta, ribs, and lamb. The desserts were really yummy, especially the rice cream. I am a huge chocolate fan, but for some reason, the Disney chocolate desserts don't do it for me. Will we return? Probably not.

Day 3 Aug. 20 Breakfast
Crystal Palace 9 people. Checked in and waited and waited and waited. Our ressie time was 9:25, we were seated after 10:00.
Service 4
Food 4
Atmosphere 4
For the most part, all of the food was good. I didn't think the breakfast lasagna was "all that." Everytime a character would come to our area, a little girl started screaming at the top of her lungs and the parents were motioning for the character to come to their table. Had they not been told each character would come to their table? I just assumed they didn't speak English. Other than screaming girl and other kids running up to the characters when it was our turn, it was good character interaction. We were there so long that we were visited at least three times by each. Again, it took forever to deduct credits. I would think servers would be anxious to turn over the tables. Will we return? Possibly after we try other breakfast places first.

Day 3 Aug. 20 Dinner
Columbia Harbor House, 11 people
Service 3
Food 4
Atmosphere 3
The fish and chicken basket was good as was the ham sandwich with the broccoli slaw. I shared half of each with MIL. I would eat here again if we happen to be on this side of the park when we are hungry. I was also in a hurry to stake out our spot for the parade. In hindsight, we could have gotten this to go and sat on the curb and eaten at a more leisurely pace. This is a good place for pin trading.

Day 4 Aug. 21 Lunch
Pizza Planet, 11 people
Service 5
Food 4
Atmosphere 4
I thought the pizzas and salads were good. We all got rice crispie treats or cookies which we saved for later. My only beef here is that it was a little tough for the wheelchair bound. The only seating downstairs was outside, and we didn't know there was an elevator inside. We left 6 people outside to dine while 5 of us ran upstairs. I will take my family of 5 here again.

Day 4 Aug. 21 Dinner
Maya Grill, 11 people
Service 1
Food 3.5
Atmosphere 3
I will write a separate report solely on this restaurant. I hope others have had better/quicker experience than we had. I'm not sure why, but we were there 3.5 hours. We will not spend the night here again.

Day 5 Aug. 22 Breakfast
Pop, 9 people
Service 4
Food 3
Atmosphere 3
We had pretty good breakfast platters. Pop foodcourt is always busy, but we were in and out pretty fast. Instead of getting a drink, we got bottled waters for later.

Day 5 Aug. 22 Lunch
Pizzafari, 5 people
Service 5
Food 4
Atmosphere 5
The kids were still pretty full from breakfast, so this was more of a kid snack. We got three pizza combos for 5 kids. For dessert, we got 3 frozen lemonades which they split while the adults ate at Flame Tree. This restaurant was bright and fun. We will return.

Day 5 Aug. 22 Lunch
Flame Tree, 3 people
Service 5
Food 4
Atmosphere 5
Again, this was more of a snack. Three adults shared two meals. The ribs and beans were very tasty. We sat in the far back area overlooking the lake. Quite peaceful and good view of EE. We also had some sort of boat visit from some characters. Not sure why, but it was pretty neat! We will go here again.

Day 5 Aug. 22 Dinner
1900 Park Fare
Service 4
Food 5
Atmosphere 5 Excellent character interaction. We were visited multiple times by Cindy, Susie, and Perla, but just one stop for the prince. I liked all of the food here. We will visit again after we try some other places first.

Day 6 Aug. 23 Lunch
Whispering Canyon, 9 people
Service 2
Food 2
Atmosphere 3
We arrived at our check in time and waited about 10 minutes. The restaurant was not busy at all. The server was slow with drinks and again it took forever to pay. I'll post a separate review for WCC. We may return in hopes of a better server.

Day 6 Aug. 23 Supper
Cosmic Rays, 9 people
Service 4
Food 5
Atmosphere 3
Not too crowded and we had no trouble finding a table. Sonny E Clipse didn't start his act until we were almost finished which was a little disappointing. I got the chicken/rib combo and it was great! Instead of dessert, we got bottled waters. This was our 2nd visit to Cosmic Rays and we will return many more times.

Your post was very thorough and well-stated...plus, WHAT THE HECK IS IT WITH DRINKS AT OHANA??? Everyone I know says the same thing...why don't they just put pitchers of water and coke on the table if it is such a trouble to do a refill?

thanks for the informative reviews.

have one question: they let you have water as a dessert at Cosmic Rays? Or are you saying you just skipped dessert and had water instead?

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to your write up on Maya Grill & WCC.

I agree with you on MG. We ate at there in Feb. Food was ok, but service was horrible and we were there forever it seemed. The kids(two 4 year old boys and 2 year old ds) were very restless.

I'm worried about your comments at Akershaus - - was it ONLY Cinderella that night, no other princesses?!? DD is going to CRT for a Cindy sighting, but I don't want to take her to Princess Storybook for dinner if there's only going to be ONE princess there. Tell me it isn't so!!?

llqool said:
thanks for the informative reviews.

have one question: they let you have water as a dessert at Cosmic Rays? Or are you saying you just skipped dessert and had water instead?

oops, sorry that wasn't clear. We ordered two large iced teas, and I asked if I could get bottled waters instead of the desserts. The cashier said, "no problem!"

TheLittleRoo said:
I'm worried about your comments at Akershaus - - was it ONLY Cinderella that night, no other princesses?!? DD is going to CRT for a Cindy sighting, but I don't want to take her to Princess Storybook for dinner if there's only going to be ONE princess there. Tell me it isn't so!!?

There were other princesses as well. Ariel in the lobby (off to the side in a little room in her blue ball gown). Aurora, Cinderella, Jasmine, and Belle came by the table.

Thanks! Loved your style of reporting, quick and to the point! Sounds like you had some yummy meals!
Katy :sunny:

Thanks for sharing your reviews. I'm a little uneasy about 'Ohana, I hope we have a good experience in December.

I just posted separate reviews for Sci-Fi, Maya, and WCC. I will also post a dining plan review over on the DDP thread. Thanks for reading!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter