• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "Magic Fastpass"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvbuch

Earning My Ears
I know people have legitimate reason to get the guest assitant pases but I saw three different families really abusing them.

1) While waiting for my kids to get off tower of terror a women raced by on her EVC shouting for her kids to stop so they could take her "Magic Pass" so they would not have to wait in line. The kids asked if she was going. she replied I do not like thrill rides I just get so you do not have to wait in line.

2) On buzz a family came walking up behind us as we got in the fastpass line. The father took out a krinkled piece of paper saying he need guest assitance. the cast member said how many he counted and said 13. The cast member let him in as we were waiting one of the children asked were grandama was. The father said she is back in the room but she said we could use the guest assitance pass.

3) On toy story mania my son was talking to a boy comparing scores when my son asked him what his high score was. The boy responded that this was his 7th time riding it that day. It was around 4'oclock. When my son asked him how he got to ride it so many times he said his sister has autism so he the get a guest a pass so they do not have to wait in any lines all day. I looked around and it was just the boy and his mother on the ride.

I do not know any way to police this it just seems like some people feel they are entitled to special privledges.

These people who abuse the system ruin it for those who have a legitimate need for it. What goes around comes around.

The guest with the pass is supposed to be present when it is used. Not sure why the CMs didn't follow DW rules. ????

GAC's are not front-of-the-line passes, and people in ECVs don't get them unless they need them for some non-mobility related issues. Not sure what you saw going on in the other two instances, but my guess would be that the kid in example #3 was just . . . what shall we say . . . lying out his rear. :rotfl:

Edit: I'm guessing #1 was just a plain old FASTPASS.

My son has Autism and we have used the GAC before. I;m with the other poster in wondering if you were seeing/hearing something other than what was actually going on. It's usually not that easy to use a GAC and can be pain in some respects. My son has always had to be present on the ride we were using it on, though in truth, I haven't tried it without him...:confused3

While I'm certain that a bit of abuse occurs by families of those with 'special access' passes, I'm rarely bothered by it.

First of all, Not all disabilities are visible.

Second, about that little boy who was able to ride Toy Story 7 times. Would it be OK if you knew his sister was a guest of Make-a-Wish?

Meh.

Did you know in Syria, some people estimate that 24,000 people have been killed since the civil war broke out?

Meh.

Did you know in Syria, some people estimate that 24,000 people have been killed since the civil war broke out?

OT - I was never so mad one morning last week as when this guest politician on the morning news was going on about how Syria's really no big deal, because "only" a thousand people had died. I can see arguing that the US shouldn't be involved for many reasons, but to set a minimum number of deaths for involvement is just immoral. And anyway, if it was the number of deaths that mattered, we'd be in the Sudan by now!

But then I turned the TV off, went outside and got onto a bus with a perfectly magical driver, and ten minutes later I was standing at the gates to one of the best theme parks on the planet. :thumbsup2

Back on topic - Can't say I noticed any "abuse" of the GAC system. I did see quite a few disabled folks and it made me glad everyone in my family is healthy.

This does not assist with trip planning and is not the type of judgemental topic acceptable on the DIS.

For posters who require assistance please post freely on here or on the disAbilities forum. No one had any right or entitlement to question your use of GAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter