The May 2007 Rate/Code Watch

1st family trip was this May. We had such a wonderful time - we're going back. I have an ap so we need to go prior to May 13th. I am thinking maybe April 27-May 4 or May 4-May11 (though this is grad weekend.)

Stayed at wilderness lodge with a code. Hope to do it again. :wave:

We went this past May (28-June2). Even though it was Memorial Day the crowds weren't that bad at all. :goodvibes We booked our package through Walt Disney Travel Co. in February and had no problems and I was able to get all the ADRs I wanted. :thumbsup2 We're really wanting to go May 2007 but now were considering going the 2 week in June for a 10 day stay. :Pinkbounc Hope everyone has great trips!! Happy planning! :wave2:

Hello May-goers! We are now going May 2nd-??, as DH just got a different vacation schedule than we planned. I'm a little concerned about crowds and heat, but hey -- it's Walt Disney World! Can't complain too much :thumbsup2

I'm thinking that there aren't very big "specials" run at this time, since it's a period of fairly high attendance anyway.... but at least we're all in the same place, so if Disney throws a curveball we'll be ready! :banana:

tink2020 said:
Hello May-goers! We are now going May 2nd-??, as DH just got a different vacation schedule than we planned. I'm a little concerned about crowds and heat, but hey -- it's Walt Disney World! Can't complain too much :thumbsup2

I'm thinking that there aren't very big "specials" run at this time, since it's a period of fairly high attendance anyway.... but at least we're all in the same place, so if Disney throws a curveball we'll be ready! :banana:

According to Mousesavers there have been AP discounts in May for the last few years at least. We're at the Contemporary next May so let's hope they do it again.

We currently have a room-only at POR next May. I have already changed my reservation 3 times-from WL to Poly to POR. YIKES! We went in May in 2004 and the weather was fabulous, dry air, warm and sunny. I am hoping for that again. Here's hoping for a great code too so I can switch back to the Poly since it's our 10th anniversary we're celebrating.

I'm hoping to be there the 2nd week of May. I'm trying to plan a father/son trip for my dad's 50th birthday.He's never been to WDW, and I haven't been in like 6 or 7 years. I've pretty much decided on POP since it's the newest vaule, we're both bowlers and he is the king of pac-man. So you know I'm going to request 50's or 80's. Oh I just got AAA too, so here's to that discount. I'm hoping the money from the tax return will cover most if not all of the trip, plus I still gotta finance a week-long myrtle beach trip a month after that. 2007 will be a busy year. :cool1:

Dean

Does anyone know if they 2007 rates are out yet? I may call WDW reservations today to check. And just to save everone on the long distance if they don't already know use these toll free numbers to call WDW:
1-877-939-3732 -or- 1800-828-0228
Also, does has anyone gotten any prices on flights in May 2007?

Heyy! The 2007 rates are up on mousesavers and also on allearsnet i believe. Can you book your room only packages currently for stays in may 2007? I thought you couldn't book past December of 2006 right now?

I went right after memorial day weekend this past may and we had a great time! Good weather and the crowds weren't bad at all! If you are staying at a moderate hotel i highly recommend Coronado Springs!!!

DannyDisneyFreak said:
Does anyone know if they 2007 rates are out yet? I may call WDW reservations today to check. And just to save everone on the long distance if they don't already know use these toll free numbers to call WDW:
1-877-939-3732 -or- 1800-828-0228

We've booked our flights NJ to Orlando, $200 round trip.

I'll be 40 (for the first time) in May and can't think of a better place to celebrate the milestone! Looking forward to codes...

We are also going in May. The 3rd-9th.
This will be the fourth year in a row that we have made a trip to WDW in May. This past May was really HOT.....hope next May is a little more reasonable.
Not sure where we are staying yet but did book airfare SYR-MCO $237 each. Paid for two tickets and mine was free....finally....enough FFmiles to earn a free ticket. Flying Delta.
My DD 14 will be bringing a friend with her. They are so excited I'm not sure how they will survive the summer...LOL
Maybe my friend "Hightown" will be joining us again....hint hint
(Ok Sharon, I'll see you on the cruise...LOL)

Not sure what we are doing for passes yet...being that I own DVC I will probably get AP's for me and DD and a 6 or 7 day pass for the friend. But if they do anything will free dining then skip the AP's and just get 6 or 7 day passes will be the route we go. (Can I upgrade that pass to an AP?)

Anyway...I will be checking back aften to see if any one has heard anything.

Take care,
Lori

Lori-n-NY said:
We are also going in May. The 3rd-9th.
This will be the fourth year in a row that we have made a trip to WDW in May. This past May was really HOT.....hope next May is a little more reasonable.
Not sure where we are staying yet but did book airfare SYR-MCO $237 each. Paid for two tickets and mine was free....finally....enough FFmiles to earn a free ticket. Flying Delta.
My DD 14 will be bringing a friend with her. They are so excited I'm not sure how they will survive the summer...LOL
Maybe my friend "Hightown" will be joining us again....hint hint
(Ok Sharon, I'll see you on the cruise...LOL)

Not sure what we are doing for passes yet...being that I own DVC I will probably get AP's for me and DD and a 6 or 7 day pass for the friend. But if they do anything will free dining then skip the AP's and just get 6 or 7 day passes will be the route we go. (Can I upgrade that pass to an AP?)

Anyway...I will be checking back aften to see if any one has heard anything.

Take care,
Lori

I hate to disagree with a fellow NYer but I hope May is really HOT. Last time we went in Jan. it was 32 degrees our first day there and most nights and mornings were in the 40s & 50s, one day it just reached 80 and most days it was 60s and 70s. I want some nice 90 to 100 degree days so I can go on splash mt. and to TL & BB. If I have to put a coat on it's not vacation.

I don't think you can upgrade to APs but I may be wrong.

I just found this thread. We'll be there May 1-10, staying at the GF, my favorite resort! Hopefully they will offer some discounted rates for us all.

Debbie

Hi Lori--Saw your hint! But without a school day off to build a trip around, just too much school to miss for Callie's sake. We're looking at our usual November trip!

You'll have a great time! And at that age, if the girls are driving you crazy, they are old enough to have limited alone time and you can send them off and meet up later!

Sharon

popstar7867 said:
Disney 44 what airline did you book? That's really cheap! Was that for one person or two?

Oh it was $200 per person, round trip. We booked through Continental. I had recently flown down to West Palm and paid $180 - so $200 isn't the best price, but I'm afraid with fuel costs, and since its a holiday weekend, I'll take this price and not look back :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter