• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Mission Space "incident" from earlier this year-- UPDATE

Thanks. I saw it in several other places on the DIS Board.

I hope that Daudi's family can now come to peace with the fact that they (or Disney) did nothing wrong. They were just a family enjoying vacation experiences that seemed appropriate for their child.

My heart goes out to the family, CM's and medics who tried their best to help this little boy. In retrospect, perhaps the warning may increase the age limit or strengthen the warnings. This may be an exiting experience for some, but is not safe for everyone.

I guess one thing to remember is that it may not have mattered whether or not this child rode, or whether he was 44 inches or 60 inches or 6 feet tall. He hadd a problem no one was aware of that made the ride dangerous for him. He could have gone his whole life (and lived to an old age) without ever knowing he had that particular heart problem from the things I have read. He also could have died suddenly and unexpectedly during a basketball game - you hear of that happening to a few kids each year.
Very sad, no matter how.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter