The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (Nov 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Lives4Disney.

I had been checking the menus at wdwinfo.com and grilled cheese was not listed for any of the GF dining options, not even Gasparilla's.

I found it on the menu for the quick service eateries at the CR and Poly, which will be my back up.

Did you find it at Gasparilla's or at the GF Cafe?

Thanks for the tip about the soup. Doesn't help my dd, but my ds will try it. He's kinda picky too, but he loves soups.

Theresa

Theresa, I have seen it on the room service menu. I believe they also do it at the GF Cafe. Honestly, I am not positive about Gaspies......(sorry) I will have to ask DD to be sure.....kids remember that stuff.;)

Hey There

I just saw it on a menu at The Plaza in the MK!!

Check out
www.allears.net!!

OH YA! We LOVE the Plaza. It's great for the picky eater because it's nice fresh comfort type foods and not just all the greasy junk. :thumbsup2

we just returned and my DS6 was able to get it at the GF Cafe. It wasn't on the menu but when I asked our server she said no problem. She said you should be able to get one just about anywhere at Disney you just have to ask. HTH!!

we just returned and my DS6 was able to get it at the GF Cafe. It wasn't on the menu but when I asked our server she said no problem. She said you should be able to get one just about anywhere at Disney you just have to ask. HTH!!

This is true... we got it at the Sci Fi for lunch last year too :thumbsup2

I second Lives - even Gasparilla's will whip you up anything you need. I have some food allergies and they made me a chicken salad and baked the chicken in the oven just to make sure. It was delicious.

As far as concierge - we decided to upgrade to Sugar Loaf while we were there. I knew the rooms were going to be the same as the one we had just left, but I was thinking the same thing as Praline - convenience of snacks. But when I walked in the building and saw the spread - a half picked over plate of banana bread and a curdling bowl of pudding (I even went back later and there still wasn't much offered and it was very picked over) - I changed my mind. I decided I couldn't justify even the best snacks in the world for the $900 extra we would have had to pay. So it was back to a GV room for us. And that room was in a much better location and had a better view anyway. As I said before, I'm all about bang for the buck. I don't mind spending it as long as there's value.

Tracy

I second Lives - even Gasparilla's will whip you up anything you need. I have some food allergies and they made me a chicken salad and baked the chicken in the oven just to make sure. It was delicious.

As far as concierge - we decided to upgrade to Sugar Loaf while we were there. I knew the rooms were going to be the same as the one we had just left, but I was thinking the same thing as Praline - convenience of snacks. But when I walked in the building and saw the spread - a half picked over plate of banana bread and a curdling bowl of pudding (I even went back later and there still wasn't much offered and it was very picked over) - I changed my mind. I decided I couldn't justify even the best snacks in the world for the $900 extra we would have had to pay. So it was back to a GV room for us. And that room was in a much better location and had a better view anyway. As I said before, I'm all about bang for the buck. I don't mind spending it as long as there's value.

Tracy

:rotfl: :rotfl: OMG...that is nasty! :eek: When we stayed SL a couple yrs ago it left me a bit less than thrilled....I have only stayed RPC since.....I don't know that it's worth it but I am scared to try anything else for fear I'd miss RPC. Good thing you had options!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the tips about where to find a grilled cheese sandwich. When you have such a picky eater, it's nice to have as many options as possible for her.

Theresa

Tracy

YIKES! That scares me. We are staying in the SL over Christmas.

I seemed to have some off food experiences (or maybe I'm expecting too much :) ) I guess I just looked at the very minimal food choices and went, $900 for that? We had already booked our entire vacation, though, so maybe it would have been worth it if the concierge had helped make my plans. I do think it's good to know the good, the bad and the ugly going in to avoid being disappointed once you get there.

Tracy

I seemed to have some off food experiences (or maybe I'm expecting too much :) ) I guess I just looked at the very minimal food choices and went, $900 for that? We had already booked our entire vacation, though, so maybe it would have been worth it to have the concierge help make my plans. I do think it's good to know going in and avoid being disappointed once you get there.

Tracy

Did you check out the RPC area? Was it a lot nicer? How did you like the GF?

I didn't check out RPC but I've heard here that it has a much better spread than Sugar Loaf (and worth those extra dollars to some people for being in the main hotel). We enjoyed our garden view room in Conch Key, though, as we like it quiet. We really liked the Grand Floridian very much, I just think my expectations were set too high. If we go back, I feel more prepared to make decisions for my family based on how we roll (since this had been our first trip).

In the mean time, I'm going to Disneyland!

Tracy

Thanks Tracy for the heads up. One of the biggest reasons I am staying SL is the extra security of the door. I get strange about security when DH isn't traveling with us and WDW in June is extremely crowded. I know the GF is SAFE but it makes me feel better knowing that not just anyone can be walking around.

I am planning on eating several breakfasts in the lounge. I am not a big breakfast eater AT all and Savannah will be 7 so if she has a bowl of cereal and a glass of OJ she won't wither away. :laughing: She is looking forward to the dessert selections :rolleyes1 I have never stayed SL before and am hoping to have a good experience with it. :cloud9:

Praline, we've stayed in SL and RPC. The food and drink is the same these days. Until about 2 years ago, SLC didn't offer dessert nor alcoholic beverages.

Have a great vacation with your daughter.:goodvibes

where can I find a pic of the concierge selections at sugar loaf? I have seen them for RPC

Here is a copy and paste of Kelly's thread on page 1. In it you can find everything you need for concierge ... kind of like a table of contents.
Club/Concierge level service is available at the Grand Floridian and it is fabulous. The Main Building is only concierge level rooms and suites. There is also concierge service at the Sugar Loaf Building. It is keyed access as is the main building. Both have been renovated recently and will be be placing pictures here as they come in. Tete01830 just returned from a stay at the Sugar Loaf building and she will be putting pictures up of the new lounge area and her tower room.

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
PH: 407-824-1775
FX: 407-824-3461
Grand.Floridian.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
HERE IS THE NEW UPDATED EMAIL AS OF JAN 25th 2008

Available at *ALL* Disney Deluxe Resorts for Concierge Guests :
Nightly Turndown Service
High Speed Internet Access (access fees apply)
Bathroom Amenities (shampoo, conditioner, hand/body lotion, bath & facial soap)
Complimentary Fax Assistance
Complimentary Health Club Access
2 Adult-Size Spa Bathrobes (in-room use, additional robes can be requested)
Club Level Check-In from 7am - 10pm
Club Level Assistance from 7am - 10pm (tickets, dining, recreation, special events)
Advanced Itinerary Planning
Refreshments throughout the day in Concierge Lounges
Secured Key Access to Club Level Floors
USA Today Newspaper
Coffee Maker with Coffee & Tea Assortment
Iron and Board
Safe
Hair Dryer
Refrigerator - not stocked (available upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
Library of Disney Movies at Concierge Desk
VCR and/or DVD Players in suites (upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
CD/Clock Radios in Suites

Services at *SELECT* Disney Deluxe Resorts for Concierge Guests
Private Pantry (usage fees apply) Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Wireless High Speed Internet in Concierge Lounge Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Business Center Access Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Picturesque views of the Seven Seas Lagoon or the Grand Floridian marina are available from more than half of the 900 rooms at the Grand Floridian. Garden views overlook the lush, landscaped gardens, Pool/Marina views overlook the interior courtyard pool or the marina, and Lagoon views offer a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon.

THE MAIN BUILDING CONCIERGE THE ROYAL PALM CLUB and the SUGAR LOAF KEY
The Concierge Lounge is located on the fourth floor. Here, guests may enjoy a continental breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The continental breakfast includes danish, bagels, cereal, fresh friuts, coffee, tea and juice. "Daily Delights" from 11:30am to 2:30pm (the menu varies daily, but usually includes a meat dish, fruits and a vegetarian dish, including cookies, coffee, sodas and juices). Afternoon tea from 3pm to 4:30pm (includes scones, fruit breads, cookies, jam tarts, and of course, tea). Twilight Refreshments from 5pm to 7pm (includes wine and cheese, with appetizer type dishes served.

Both lounges serve alcohol now and cordials. They also serve Champagne. )

POST # 56 by Tete Has all new pics of the Sugar Loaf Tower rooms ( there are only 3) and the new Sugar Loaf concierge lounge
Page 31 post #463 by JoeSam has pics of a remodeled tower room in the Sugar Loaf Building
Page 29 post #426 by MickeyMaz has pics of Room 6114 in the Sugar Loaf Building
Page 52 and 53 posts by Lives4Disney
Menus Page 65 by Minnesota

Thanks- I think I am losing my mind. I know that somewhere I have seen a buffet or something where they used glass blocks in the food display and I was sure it was the GF concierge. I am planning a mothers day brunch and have some glass blocks left from a remodel job and thought I could use them, but need a pic... Does anyone know what I am talking about or have I completly lost it (that could be a possibility....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter