The NEW 'Lets Help Each Other Whilst On The Atkins Plan' Thread

I'm on day 11 of Atkins, so far I've lost 7 lbs. I was hopeing for more, but I've had some stressful events going on and have skipped a few meals and have not been drinking my water. My cat has been losing weight and the vet isn't sure what is wrong with her, so I have been really stressed out about that. Although, I haven't gone off the deep-end and eaten anything that is not on Atkins, so that is a big plus. I'm just afraid my body is going to go into starvation mode. Leaving for WDW in 2 1/2 weeks, hope to lose at least another 5 lbs before then.

I'm doing Protein Power, trying to keep my carbs below about 20. I did this several years ago and did not lose as much weight as I did inches. I also have acid reflux as some of you have mentioned and hope this may help that. I'm sailing on the Disney Wonder on October 31 and hope to have about 20 pounds off by then, but will be happy with anything. Keep up the good work everybody!

:Pinkbounc

I also did the atkins and lost about 40 pounds in 5 months...the most important things is that if you mess up .... o well do not beat yourself up.... remember you are doing this for you....
My George Forman grill.... what can I say... I could not do the diet without it...... you can throw frozen steaks, pork chops anything and in about 4- 5 minutes they are done... get one if you do not have on... I have wore mine out need to get a new one
I started the diet eating bubba burgers seasoned with season salt and then putting pepper jack cheese... I would build my burger the way I like it but with no bread and then ate it like a steak with Broccoli low in carbs small salad....
I stayed between 20 - 25 carbs a day... walk and drink water...
breakfast is important scramble those eggs and fry that bacon yum yum...
I am going on a cruise in November and I want to get back on it... but I just had a accident and my mouth is in bad shape...I cannot chew anything hard like steak... a banana is really stretching things... but I know that I can get back on it when this is over....
I also have stomach problems as spastic colon and with this diet my stomach never hurt...

happy dieting... we can do it if we really want to....

:Pinkbounc :teeth: Day 14! I made it all the way thru Induction! :teeth: :Pinkbounc

To celebrate, I tried on everything in my closet, A lot of things fit again! I'm so glad I finally found something that works for me.
Hope everyone else is still doing good! :D

Congrats!!!! you will do just fine.... trying on the clothes can be a real eye opener.... you deserve the best steak money can buy....
isnt it nice to know that is on the diet...

I put on a pair of jeans today and actually feel comfortable in them!!! I think I am STUCK!! I haven't seen the scale move in the last 5 days or so and have been creeping up on my carbs.

I believe it is the coffee with sweet n low and a little cream. I am still walking the lake in my town (3.3 miles) about 4 days a week and feel my legs getting tighter YEAH!!!

We leave for WDW next Friday and I am scared that I will regain it all (going for 15 days)!! I want to continue to walk 4 times per week (even if I use the treadmill).

The only problem...........those yummy desserts in Disney!!! Especially ice cream!!!

I'll chekc in before I leave and then when I get back......wish me luck!

we started using splenda... now for the cream in the coffee use the cream in the can that you squirt on dessert ...Reddi Whip...
less than one gram of carb... my husband is addicted.. even when he is off the diet he still uses that in his coffee... very rich and creamy tasting....

desserts...have you tried this... sugar free choc. instant pudding..
whipping cream. whip it up and oh my goodness .. choc. mousse tasting and less than 3 carbs per serving... top it with reddi whipp .... yum yum....

everyone please share a good recipe....

Here's another dessert recipe..........

Take any flavor of sugar free jello (larger size..I have only tried Cherry)
and prepare according to instructions don't put the cold water in yet. Then put it in a blender and mix 8 oz of cream cheese with it until smooth. Then put in the cold water and let it set up. It takes longer to firm up than regular jello, but it is much better. The whole thing is about 8 grams of carbs if you use regular cream cheese, i think. I also top it with Cool Whip.

I got this off a low carb forum.........

cyndilou01, that sounds like a great idea... I'm gonna try the Reddi Whip, now that I'm past Induction. It sounds delicious.

I'm having such a problem with breakfast though, I have never been a salty eater at breakfast, I sure do miss my cereals! :(

Some one on the Atkins site, suggested cottage cheese and chopped nuts mixed together. I'm gonna try that too.

Keep it up everyone!

Let me know how the cottage cheese and chopped nuts turn out. That sounds good. I get sick with the eggs and sausage for breakfast, so I need something a little lighter.

Boy do I feel sick!!! Had a b-day party for my parents today. Had boiled Maine lobsters, hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken caesar salad....everything good for lo carbers EXCEPT...the cake and brownies.........I couldn't resist. Had a small piece of each but boy am I feeling it now.......

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz....I need some relief.............

We leave Friday for the world........I am excited..........

Hope everyone else is doing well.

OK, I'm going to play, too.

We (DH & I) tried Atkins a couple of years ago... got so sick the first week (I couldn't even eat until dinner time after about 3 days, and he got dizzy & had fuzzy eyesight) we gave it up. But I've decided I HAVE to do something, and it worked while it lasted, so here we go again.

This time though, I'm not sticking to Atkins strictly, but rather, loosely basing my own lo-carb, low(er) fat "diet" on it.

So, anyway... here's Day One. Wishing you all, and us, luck.

Had a yummy lunch today... thought I'd share:

Lettuce Tuna Rolls

1 can tuna
1-2 T mayo
1 T pickle relish with jalepeno (Mt. Olive brand - good stuff!)
a drizzle of hot pepper juice

Mix ingredients into tuna salad. Spoon equal amounts onto 4 boston lettuce leaves. Roll up leaves. Serves 2 (or 1 if you're hungry!)

From my calculations, it's only about 4 grams of carbs for the whole recipe... there are 4 grams/tablespoon in the pickle relish, and just trace in the lettuce & pepper juice. It was yummy... refreshing, light, and a little spicy!

That tuna salad sound delish'! I've also seen dill pickle relish with zero carbs. Maybe I'll try to substitute with that. Thanks for the idea.
:D

Well, I finally tried the cottage cheese with nuts for breakfast, and it was yummy. I used about a cup of cottage cheese, and a half cup of chopped nuts. Then I sprinkled it with 1 packet of equal, and poured about two tablespoons of sugar free maple syrup on top. It was sort of like having my breakfast cereal again. I may not do it too often, but, it is so good for a change.
:D

How about another recipe?

Yesterday for lunch, I browned 1/2 lb. of Tennessee Pride hot sausage, and 1/2 lb. of ground beef... added half a medium cabbage (about 1 lb.), sliced thin (like cole slaw), and cooked 10-15 minutes over medium-high heat until coleslaw was somewhat wilted. Added a little ground black pepper to the meat as it was cooking, then added 2 teaspoons of low-sodium soy sauce.

Came out good... a little spicy, a little crunchy. Whole recipe came to 26 grams of carbs... 4 servings easy as a main meal, 6-8 as a side.

Today, I'm not hungry at all, DH is ravenous. At least breakfast didn't turn my stomach like last time we tried!

arkiepaula: remember to get at LEAST 20 carbs per day! Your body won't like it if you stay below 20! It's not healthy, and you will stop losing very fast! Try to stay between 20-25 at first, then after the first two weeks, add a little bit at a time.

Good luck!!

Thanks Rhonda,
It's been a little over two weeks and I can definitely tell a difference, although I refuse to weigh. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my annual checkup and will find out then what my weight is. Bought some Ketostix (another brand) yesterday and am definitely in ketosis. I am going a little over 20 carbs each day, but try not to by much.

How about a snack recipe?

Made these last night, they're yummy!

Sausage Cheese Balls

2 packages hot sausage (the bulk packages - I used Tennessee Pride)
1 1/2 cups Atkins baking mix
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 cup jalepeno, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Form into 1" balls, and place on non-greased cookie sheet (I'd use one with sides, there's some grease that bakes out). Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.

NOTE: My balls came out a little bigger than 1", and I had 45 of them. I also cooked them longer than 15 minutes.

The whole recipe is about 30 grams of carbs. About .75 g per ball (if you make the bigger balls). Makes a YUMMY snack. Spicy & filling... you feel like you've actually eaten something.

You can also freeze the uncooked balls... cook some now, some later. I would guess you could halve the recipe as well, if you didn't want to make so many at once.

Just got back from the doc......They did a bone density scan and he wants me to take calcium supplements......any suggestions for low carb supplements? He gave me some Viactiv, but they have 4 carbs each and I have to take 2 a day.

Before I started, I'd been taking Tums for calcium... I'm still taking them - it doesn't seem to have affected the diet at all, though the carb count isn't listed on the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter