The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 2)

I love my hubby so much! :love: We were discussing Sunday a few things that I had wanted to do and didn't get a chance to on this trip and he said "Well, why don't you just go down there this coming weekend?" :worship: After chatting some more and thinking about Christmas and all I decided it really wasn't feasible, even for just a day trip. :sad2: BUT I couldn't help teasing my kids, that I was going to go, which led to my oldest asking me who I would be taking. I told her noone since it would not be fair to whoever did not get to go. She pipes up then and says well you can just take turns taking each of us down there one at a time. Well needless to say being the Disney freak that I am and the fact that we have these wonderful seasonal passes I got an idea! :idea::lmao:

Hubby and I discussed it last nite and starting most likely in January we will each take one child at a time (two trips per parent) and do just what she suggested. :laughing: More then likely I will plan one nite in a hotel somewhere off site (to keep down on costs) and we will get up early on a Saturday morning, take whichever child gets to go that weekend, spend a full day in the parks and drive home on Sunday.

With life being what it is and having four kids we do not always get a lot of one-on-one time with them, so this would be the perfect opportunity for all of us to reconnect. As well, they are all growing so fast, so what better way to create some lasting memories! :woohoo:

I love your idea what a great way to keep the magic alive all year plus get some fantastic quality one on one time.

DH and DS :littleangel: took two such trips when DS was 21 and 23 visiting Montana and Gettysburg together, he has often remarked since DS passed away how happy he is that he took those trips.

Boy, I hope I didn't do this already...sorry if a repeat but it's been crazy!
We arrived home Saturday night after a wonderful week at the YC. The main problem was getting my dds and family from THV to YC or anyplace because of the transportation. While it is a beautiful spot, I don't think it would ever be done again without a car. They started to use cabs in order to be on time for meals, etc. It was really a chore!!!!!

Everyone had a wonderful time. The resort was not decorated until mid week and overnight it was magically transformed. The staff there are terrific. We had great meals except for one and we knew we shouldn't have chosen it. We didn't do all we wanted. Needed another 5-7 days, would have given gs more down time and pool time!

I doubt we will go again for many years but it was worth every penny we paid to have such quality family time!

Your poor daughter! :sad2: I know that had to break her heart and yours. (My son Justin had saved over a $100 as well and had he lost his legos he had been saving for it would have broke his and my heart as well.) I am so glad you all were able to find a cast member who was so helpful! :woohoo:

Missed the monorail issue. What happened?

I know. I just cried when I realized it was gone :sad1: As far as the Monorail...we had left EPCOT, and were "parked" at the TTC, waiting for the doors to open. I knew which side the doors were going to open so I was facing that way, anticipating them. Well, they opened & 1/2 of the people in our little compartment got off & the back doors opened. I thought that was really weird, for the wrong doors to open.

Then, in an instant, the doors on BOTH sides SLAMMED shut (with great force.) :scared1: Two full-grown men were just outside of the "compartment" beside us, & they had to pull the doors open to let out one of their children, if I'm remembering correctly. There were about 4 or 5 of us stuck in our compartment. I told DD to sit down b/c I was scared that the monorail might take off or something (since it was obviously malfunctioning.) It took about 2-3 minutes & a couple of CMs walked over & had to pry the doors open to the compartment beside us. They told us to climb over the seats to the next compartment & we got out.

I didn't really notice anyone hurt, although there was a boy (pre-teen?) who was rubbing the side of his head :sad2: DH, DS7, & dMIL were in another car/ compartment down the way & got out in time. When we caught up w/ him, DH said his bad leg barely missed getting slammed in the doors! It horrified me! :headache: And DD & DS were pretty shaken up over the whole thing. They were scared to get on & off of the monorails for the rest of the trip. We rode them, of course, but they were very nervous. It might have been RED. Does Red run to/from EPCOT? Anyway, to answer your question, THAT's what happened on the monorail! :upsidedow

Trackey! Love your idea!! This past April, my husband did that with my oldest son. He has always wanted to go to New York City..me nor the little two really wanted to go...it wasn't a good time and they aren't too interested in the big city yet....so Mike took him alone. They stayed 4 nights and had a wonderful time! So..we figure when each kid is 13 or 14, we will take them some where one-on-one like that. We can't do Disney one-on-one...it's too much of our 'family place'!! So, it will be somewhere else that they have always wanted to go!

I actually already did something similar for Jessica's 13th b-day, but a lot more involved then what we are currently planning. (More time, more activities, etc.) These will just be short trips down. If we didn't live 4.5 hours away, it would not be feasible at all BUT luckily we do! :cool1: I don't know about everyone else but for us the kids are just growing WAY TO FAST and I want to treasure every single minute I can before they are grown and gone. :sad2:

I love your idea what a great way to keep the magic alive all year plus get some fantastic quality one on one time.

DH and DS :littleangel: took two such trips when DS was 21 and 23 visiting Montana and Gettysburg together, he has often remarked since DS passed away how happy he is that he took those trips.[/COLOR]

You know that is exactly my point. I think about the money this would end up costing, but I do not EVER recall hearing an older person say boy I wish I would have saved that $500 instead of spending time with my kids! :rotfl: In todays world we just never know what could happen tomorrow and since losing my Mom I have realized more and more that we need to treasure every moment and memory we have!

Speaking of growing up to soon... we have 5 kiddos 4 girls and 1 boy.. Our girls are 20, 15, 12,9 and our little boy is 7. DD called my from college yesterday and said, "We are going ring shopping after our exams next week!!!!" I am so excited for her and he's a great guy..... yep they grow up way to fast!!!!
DD has always been so great about spending our vacations together, flying in for at least part of our trips. We have only taken 1 trip out of our 20 Disney vacations without her... it looks like there will be a lot more of those in our future.....

I know. I just cried when I realized it was gone :sad1: As far as the Monorail...we had left EPCOT, and were "parked" at the TTC, waiting for the doors to open. I knew which side the doors were going to open so I was facing that way, anticipating them. Well, they opened & 1/2 of the people in our little compartment got off & the back doors opened. I thought that was really weird, for the wrong doors to open.

Then, in an instant, the doors on BOTH sides SLAMMED shut (with great force.) :scared1: Two full-grown men were just outside of the "compartment" beside us, & they had to pull the doors open to let out one of their children, if I'm remembering correctly. There were about 4 or 5 of us stuck in our compartment. I told DD to sit down b/c I was scared that the monorail might take off or something (since it was obviously malfunctioning.) It took about 2-3 minutes & a couple of CMs walked over & had to pry the doors open to the compartment beside us. They told us to climb over the seats to the next compartment & we got out.

I didn't really notice anyone hurt, although there was a boy (pre-teen?) who was rubbing the side of his head :sad2: DH, DS7, & dMIL were in another car/ compartment down the way & got out in time. When we caught up w/ him, DH said his bad leg barely missed getting slammed in the doors! It horrified me! :headache: And DD & DS were pretty shaken up over the whole thing. They were scared to get on & off of the monorails for the rest of the trip. We rode them, of course, but they were very nervous. It might have been RED. Does Red run to/from EPCOT? Anyway, to answer your question, THAT's what happened on the monorail! :upsidedow

I bet your DS and DD were a bit freaked out! I think I would have been also!! I am glad that everyone in your group was ok. I wonder what happened to make that happen though. From what I have seen down there the driver pushes a button on the outside of each monorail to open the doors, so I wonder if was hit again mistakenly or if was just a malfunction. Weird!

Hi, my family would like to stay at ASMu next November and was wondering if anyone on this thread was there the first or second week of November this year? If so, can you tell me how it was? Anything I should consider before choosing those dates?

Thank you so much!

Speaking of growing up to soon... we have 5 kiddos 4 girls and 1 boy.. Our girls are 20, 15, 12,9 and our little boy is 7. DD called my from college yesterday and said, "We are going ring shopping after our exams next week!!!!" I am so excited for her and he's a great guy..... yep they grow up way to fast!!!!
DD has always been so great about spending our vacations together, flying in for at least part of our trips. We have only taken 1 trip out of our 20 Disney vacations without her... it looks like there will be a lot more of those in our future.....

See that is what scares me!!! My oldest is only 14 but it still seems like just yesterday she was a newborn who slept on my chest (and nowhere else :lmao:) I miss those days and it seems the older they get, the faster time flies!!! :sad2:

Congrats on the pending engagement!

I wouldn't worry about having too many vacations without her. My husband and I have gone 2 vacations with my parents and our trip to Disney coming up May will be with them to (as was our trip that just past.) we enjoy spending the time with them and now that we have our son it's more for him to spend tr quality time with them. And when it doubt offer to pay, that will get them to come haha!!

Congrats on the pending engagement!

I wouldn't worry about having too many vacations without her. My husband and I have gone 2 vacations with my parents and our trip to Disney coming up May will be with them to (as was our trip that just past.) we enjoy spending the time with them and now that we have our son it's more for him to spend tr quality time with them. And when it doubt offer to pay, that will get them to come haha!!

Isn't that the truth! :rotfl:

You know our thread has been on the top for so long, that it is very sad to see it moving down the list :sad2: I know all our trips are over now, but darn it doesn't seem right not seeing our lil thread at the top!

You know our thread has been on the top for so long, that it is very sad to see it moving down the list :sad2: I know all our trips are over now, but darn it doesn't seem right not seeing our lil thread at the top!
:sad2: I know...as if it never really happened. :surfweb: We will not be going back for 5 yrs, so the DIS is as close as I'll get to Mickey for a looooooong time!

Hi, my family would like to stay at ASMu next November and was wondering if anyone on this thread was there the first or second week of November this year? If so, can you tell me how it was? Anything I should consider before choosing those dates?

Thank you so much!
Hi Figment! :wave: If you'll check on page 1 of this thread, you'll see what dates we all took our trips. Trackey & Momof2DisneyBoys (who started this thread) seem to be the one's who are back on this thread the most. In fact, Momof2DisneyBoys is doing a trip report & that might be very helpful for your dates. Have a merry Christmas! :hug:

Hello November Turkeys :wave:

It's hard to believe it is December already and our trips are all over. :sad:

I hope we can all stay in touch on this thread and our TR's! :goodvibes

Thank you so much!

The very first week of November is Jersey Week and is said to be very crowded. I went the second week. While it wasn't packed, it was much more crowded than the second week last year. I think mainly due to the F&W Festival being extended into that week this year. I am pretty sure the third week (the full week before Thanksgiving week) might have been less crowded from what I have heard.

You are welcome to come join my TR!

Have fun planning!

Happy Holidays to all. :grouphug: We've been together here for so many months, it's difficult to believe that this is it kids, it's been fun. See all y'all around the boards...

(No time for a trip/dining report with all the festivities and I don't know if it'll be worth bothering with when I finally have time in a few weeks.)

I for one still get excited when I see there has been a new post in my mailbox :)

Even though I had to cancel my trip this year , this thread still feels like "home" :goodvibes many of us got to know each other and we shared so much good times and sometimes bad, I for one will always be a Dis Turkey no matter when I end up going to WDW.

Everyone Here is special

I may be the last straggler from the Nov group. We had a great time, great weather, and an unmagical lost item moment too, but ours was recovered. Driving home through snow in NC right now.

Wondered if anyone in this Nov group met my DH across from EE on Thursday morning. He said to me as we were walking around later in the day "Remember the lady I was sitting next to while waiting for you to get off the ride? Well she drives here from Michigan every year and she's one of those board fanatic people just like you." Hello?! McFly?! I hoped all week to run into a fellow disser and he does.:rolleyes1

Happy holidays to everyone!

I don't think I ever posted anything when we returned. We had a wonderful time. It was a great family trip that we will all remember for many, many yrs. My daughter posted pictures on her facebook page so our friends were able to enjoy our trip as well.
Thank you all for your ideas, suggestions, etc. as I planned our trip. I don't think we will be going back for many years...but it sure was a great time!! Except for my daughter who got sick and now has pneumonia...she says, "Thanks WDW!"

We returned home yesterday morning.
While we had a good time I wonder, any of you in Magic Kingdom last Monday? It was so crowded!! I'm not sure why really, it was oen o fthe recommended parks on Undercover Tourist we watied 40 minutes for Dumbo, the only thing we waited like that for. We tried to use FP for the others. But we're used to walking onto just about everything, riding everything several times (like Big Thunder Mtn RlRd, DD loves it & rides 3-4 times a day when we're there, only managed 3 times this trip...2 of those Thursday morning before we left).
Epcot wasn't too bad as far as ride times go but the World Showcase was way more crowded then we've ever seen it too.
It was nice weather wise but I imagine we're going back to our 'usual' September travel time next time.

I didn't see any Turkeys or lime green Mickeys anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter