~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

I ended up booking an October trip today (CBR ten nights) and I am so excited! We were booked for June but decided to go to Disneyland in February so we needed some more time between trips.

We have been going in October for 8 of the last ten years and I am hoping for the free dining we have gotten used to getting.

It feel so far away but I know it will be here before I know it.

Just booked the Contemporary (Oct 26-Nov 1) and am hoping and praying for either Free Dining or a Room Discount. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary (got married at WDW) and this is our dream hotel.

DH did his vacation yesterday at work and got our vacation dates, October 1-12 :banana: Guess this means he is going with us :rotfl2: Now to just wait on a discount, really want FD at CBR :worship::worship: Gonna bring DD and a couple of her friends for some senior year fun.

maybe im the only one planning this far ahead ?!?! LOL

Pshaw, no way! I've been planning since... well, right around the same time you started, LOL. Just didn't post it because I figured people would think I'm nuts. :lmao:

The plan is to go from roughly 10/23-11/04, give or take a few days forward or back. And if it can all happen in a LM AoA room, or a decently priced AS room, I'm IN! And if not, I'll suck it up anyway and still go!

You are more likely to get free dining during the first week of October. Here are the past 3 years dates:

Free Dining is being offered to guests ARRIVING during the following dates.

Oct 1 - 6, 2011
Oct 22 - Nov 3, 2011

September 30 – October 4, 2012
October 19 - November 1, 2012

29 – October 2, 2013
October 18 – November 2, 2013

I know this is a silly question, but does that generally mean that if your arrival date falls in those days you get FD during the entire trip?

Like, if FD was until October 2, 2013, and you arrived on the 2nd and stayed six nights, you would get FD the entire time, right?

Just talked the hubs into a Cruise AND a stay at Disney World next October!! Just waiting on the kid's school calendar to book :cool1: I can't believe I was able to talk him into it. We were there this October, and just didn't have the best time. Don't get me wrong, it was fun. But just not the most fun trip we've had. This will be our first trip without any other family going with us and I am stoked!

Great! Now I just have to cross my fingers that October 1, 2014 arrival date is included!

Anyone want to guess what the odds of that happening are?

Afraid to guess but I also need to check in that week. Planning on arrival date of Oct 1 but prepared to check in Sept 30. Just hate the not knowing.

I am hoping for free dining next year Oct. I didn't find any bounce back with free dining while I am here in Disney. :confused3

Does anyone have an idea as to what the dates were for this year that they used for free dining? I am hoping they will be the same. :angel:

This was 2013 offer:

With this offer, get a FREE Disney Dining Plan when you book a full price Magic Your Way package and check in between 9/29/13 – 10/2/13, 10/18/13 – 11/2/13, 11/11/13 – 11/23/13 or 12/12/13 – 12/22/13. (You can check in anytime through
the last day in each date range and the offer will apply to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.) You must purchase a package that includes a minimum of 3 nights accommodation at an on-site Walt Disney World resort and a minimum
2-day Base Ticket at full price.

Guests who book a vacation package at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive the Quick Service Dining Plan.
Guests who book a vacation package at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts will receive the regular Dining Plan.
Dining upgrades can be added:

Guests staying at a Value Resort can upgrade from the Quick Service Dining Plan to the regular Dining Plan for a little over $19 per adult, per night, and a bit more than $3 per child, per night.
Guests staying at a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort can upgrade from the regular Dining Plan to the Deluxe Dining Plan for a little over $46 per adult, per night, and less than $11 per child, per night.
Tickets can also be upgraded to add Park Hopper, Water Park Fun & More and/or No Expiration, for an extra cost.

Note that the September and October dates in this offer are during PEAK HURRICANE SEASON, so I strongly recommend buying trip insurance!

If you are staying at a Deluxe or Deluxe Villa resort in a room type that qualifies for the room rate discount below, the room rate discount offer is almost certainly a better deal than “free dining,” though this can vary depending
on how many adults/kids you have in your party, etc. Have your travel agent price it out both ways.

If you booked a package before 6/2/13 and are thinking of rebooking with this offer, be aware that ticket prices have since gone up, and rebooking will cause the ticket portion of your package to be adjusted up to the current prices.

Book by 9/15/13. Vacation package can be booked up to a maximum of 14 days. Everyone in your party must purchase the same package and same tickets.

Offer excludes Villas at Grand Floridian, Port Orleans – French Quarter Resort, Art of Animation Resort, All-Star Movies Resort, Ft. Wilderness campsites and 3-bedroom villas. As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts,
room types and date combinations will not be available. It’s important to be flexible if you want to book a discounted package. The number of vacation packages available with free dining are limited and are subject to availability.

Children ages 3-9 must order from the children’s menu. Children under age 3 are not entitled to the features of the Disney Dining Plan.

We are looking at either Oct. 22-30th or early December. I don't think early December will happen because of our jobs but there is a flicker of hope. Not that I don't LOVE F&W festival/Halloween. We were just there again this year. I just haven't been for the Christmas season since 2004.

I wonder why those two weeks in Oct were blocked out? (Oct 3-17)

Probably because Disney had a lot of bookings and didn't need to offer the discount to fill packages. I know where I live (Kentucky) the first full week in October is all the public school's fall breaks and lots of folks head to Disney. Also, F&W Festival is going on at Epcot and the F&W10miler race is during that time frame too. So Disney probably blacked out those two weeks because their bookings were already good and didn't need the "bump" in business that discounts bring. For next year, my trip will fall during that black out time (Oct 5-11) because we can only travel during our son's fall break, so no free dining for us :sad1: (assuming they have the same/similar disounts for 2014 that they did for 2013). I'm still crossing my fingers that there will be some sort of discount for when we will be there.

Probably because Disney had a lot of bookings and didn't need to offer the discount to fill packages. I know where I live (Kentucky) the first full week in October is all the public school's fall breaks and lots of folks head to Disney. Also, F&W Festival is going on at Epcot and the F&W10miler race is during that time frame too. So Disney probably blacked out those two weeks because their bookings were already good and didn't need the "bump" in business that discounts bring. For next year, my trip will fall during that black out time (Oct 5-11) because we can only travel during our son's fall break, so no free dining for us :sad1: (assuming they have the same/similar disounts for 2014 that they did for 2013). I'm still crossing my fingers that there will be some sort of discount for when we will be there.

We are in KY too. DS's fall break actually starts on Friday 10/3, but if we can get free dining on the 1st, we are going to let him skip Wednesday and Thursday. I have no reason to think October 1st is some magical date though. Just looking back over the past few years, it seems like the deal is good until *about* then, and my fingers are crossed!

Does anyone know approximately when Disney starts releasing PIN Codes for October? I know the public discounts for late October are released around the July / August time frame, but what about PIN Codes? Last year I think I remember other people reporting getting them a lot earlier.

Does anyone know approximately when Disney starts releasing PIN Codes for October? I know the public discounts for late October are released around the July / August time frame, but what about PIN Codes? Last year I think I remember other people reporting getting them a lot earlier.

I got a PIN code for our trip in Sept 2013....I received it in August 2012 so I got mine a year out. I suppose they can come at any time, but this time last year, I had already gotten it, so yes, my PIN code came early. Keeping my fingers crossed I could still get one, or at least any type of discount.

We got our FD PIN for October 2013 in May 2013. So about 5 months out for us.

So there is hope :thumbsup2 Do you remember if there were any black out dates?

Yes, it was sometime in Sept through Oct 2 and then Oct 18 through November something. We went the week of October 18, so I didn't pay attention to the start and stop dates outside of that week. I do remember noticing that it was exactly the same as the general public free dining that came out in August. We just got it three months early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter