*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

DD said they were actively recruiting kids as so many spots were open! It’s been a weird summer for that...hopefully stays slow for your trip!

Maybe all the Star Wars fans are waiting for next year?

I'm delighted to hear this since my daughter really wants to do this but I also want to rope drop TSMM.

Hi all! Today was our MK day or half day as it turned out.

Loved 7DMT, cute as can be and fun! More mellow than BTMRR. WDW’s Splash is sooooo much better than Disneyland’s; this was our first FP of the day. We also rode POTC, Peoplemover, and Phillharmagic.

We tried BoG for lunch. Pre-ordering is the only way to fly! The food was good but it’s a one and done for us. It’s cute but we didn’t find the food any better than Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbour House but I’m glad to have tried it.

I wasn’t feeling great later in the day so we chilled in the villa and then by the pool. We decided to stay at Kidani for dinner and I’m glad we did. The skies opened up and put on quite a beautiful lightening show. We had dinner at Sanaa and were sat right by the window. We had an amazing view! Dinner was good and as always; the bread service was the star.

Tomorrow is our last park day and full day of vacation.

Hi all! Today was our MK day or half day as it turned out.

Loved 7DMT, cute as can be and fun! More mellow than BTMRR. WDW’s Splash is sooooo much better than Disneyland’s; this was our first FP of the day. We also rode POTC, Peoplemover, and Phillharmagic.

We tried BoG for lunch. Pre-ordering is the only way to fly! The food was good but it’s a one and done for us. It’s cute but we didn’t find the food any better than Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbour House but I’m glad to have tried it.

I wasn’t feeling great later in the day so we chilled in the villa and then by the pool. We decided to stay at Kidani for dinner and I’m glad we did. The skies opened up and put on quite a beautiful lightening show. We had dinner at Sanaa and were sat right by the window. We had an amazing view! Dinner was good and as always; the bread service was the star.

Tomorrow is our last park day and full day of vacation.

Thanks for sharing! Hope you enjoy your last day of vacation.

Our last day today. After breakfast on balcony watching animals, packed up DD’s apartment. She’s spending night with us. She wanted to go to Epcot one more time so I used one of her guest passes. Rode SE then lunch in Mexico, desert in France. Then I got to go cast connections with her-we found a few things here. Back to resort to pack up our stuff and clean up for dinner-DD found a 9:30pm ADR for California grill this morning as we were going to Epcot. Decided to go to MK to do Peoplemover, barely beat rain to resort monorail to Contemporary. But because of storm fireworks were delayed-they started about 5 minutes after we checked in. Wow it’s amazing to watch from there! We had loose plans to maybe do EMH at MK after, but we really lingered over dinner, and were so tired after that we called a Minnie Van to get back to Jambo.

Been a great fun week, and I’m ready for home!
Safe travels to those also ending soon & to those still to come!

Help! :) I'm not sure how to plan our arrival day. Originally we were going to be at the resort all day, so grocery delivery wasn't a problem. Now DBF wants to go to Wine Bar George, and we have a lunch ADR at 2:45.

Our plane lands at 10:15am, i'm thinking we'll be at Pop by 12:30, and need to leave for Disney Springs by 1:30 to make our 2:45 ressie (is that right?) Should i place my instacart order while we're on ME on the way to the resort or wait until we're on the bus back from Disney Springs? If we place our order while on ME, what happens if our room isn't ready when it arrives? I can't imagine we'll be at DS too long because we will have been up since 3:30 that morning...lunch, ice cream, and maybe the Harley Shop and World of Disney soooooooo maybe 3ish hrs? When i was looking at Instacart delivery time, they have one for 6-8pm

Saturday isn't ideal because we're RD'ing AK, and will need breakfast foods before we go. Worst case, we can order it on Saturday on the way back from AK and get it while we're doing our break but hope you guys can help me figure out a plan for friday :worship:

Help! :) I'm not sure how to plan our arrival day. Originally we were going to be at the resort all day, so grocery delivery wasn't a problem. Now DBF wants to go to Wine Bar George, and we have a lunch ADR at 2:45.

Our plane lands at 10:15am, i'm thinking we'll be at Pop by 12:30, and need to leave for Disney Springs by 1:30 to make our 2:45 ressie (is that right?) Should i place my instacart order while we're on ME on the way to the resort or wait until we're on the bus back from Disney Springs? If we place our order while on ME, what happens if our room isn't ready when it arrives? I can't imagine we'll be at DS too long because we will have been up since 3:30 that morning...lunch, ice cream, and maybe the Harley Shop and World of Disney soooooooo maybe 3ish hrs? When i was looking at Instacart delivery time, they have one for 6-8pm

Saturday isn't ideal because we're RD'ing AK, and will need breakfast foods before we go. Worst case, we can order it on Saturday on the way back from AK and get it while we're doing our break but hope you guys can help me figure out a plan for friday :worship:

I have not used Instacart. But I know bell services holds grocery deliveries if needed. We have used Garden Grocer before. The 6pm - 8pm delivery sounds like a good idea though.

Are you getting refrigerated items? Like DisneyObsessed said, I know bell services will hold deliveries. I've never used Insta Cart either, but I'm guessing bell services might hold them or you could check it at bell services yourself when you give them your carry ons (if you plan on doing so) if your room isn't ready.
Also, thanks for mentioning insta cart! I'm looking into it right now! Our first day is a pool day since we'll arrive at AoA around 9:30am from a redeye. I don't need to order much since it's a short trip, but would like water. I've never had luck getting cases of water at All-Stars, so I'm assuming AoA may be the same.

Are you getting refrigerated items? Like DisneyObsessed said, I know bell services will hold deliveries. I've never used Insta Cart either, but I'm guessing bell services might hold them or you could check it at bell services yourself when you give them your carry ons (if you plan on doing so) if your room isn't ready.
Also, thanks for mentioning insta cart! I'm looking into it right now! Our first day is a pool day since we'll arrive at AoA around 9:30am from a redeye. I don't need to order much since it's a short trip, but would like water. I've never had luck getting cases of water at All-Stars, so I'm assuming AoA may be the same.

This is the same for us I thankful will be driving in though so I'm going to grab water on the road for us to bring but it's definitely good to know about the instacart.

I’m trying to decide on what grocery delivery to use.. either amazon prime now, Instacart through publix, or Walmart delivery. We’re ordering energy drinks, a case of water, bread, some chips and things for snacks. Ugh I’m so indecisive about everything! Haha.

I have not used Instacart. But I know bell services holds grocery deliveries if needed. We have used Garden Grocer before. The 6pm - 8pm delivery sounds like a good idea though.

We only have 2 1/2 gallon jugs of milk (i wish a gallon jug would fit), and the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that need to be refrigerated. I didn't even think about our carry-ons! I guess we will have to check them before we go.

We used instacart last year when we went to Universal and it was great! We got our delivery after breakfast, around 9:45, before we went to the park.

I’m trying to decide on what grocery delivery to use.. either amazon prime now, Instacart through publix, or Walmart delivery. We’re ordering energy drinks, a case of water, bread, some chips and things for snacks. Ugh I’m so indecisive about everything! Haha.

We love instacart, it was super easy and our shopper was awesome, but I've heard good things about Garden Grocer also. Here's the link to the thread with all the info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery-faq.3693570/

What I ended up doing was building a cart in the 2 or 3 different online stores I was considering and just picked the one where I could get everything I wanted. That ended up being Garden Grocer for me. They had several things I really wanted the others didn't which were green seedless grapes, individual packs of apple slices, 12 oz bottles of apple juice and 12 oz bottles of my son's favorite flavor of Gatorade.

We used Amazon Prime Now on our last trip and we thought it was awesome! That's what we are planning to do again. :D

We only have 2 1/2 gallon jugs of milk (i wish a gallon jug would fit), and the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches that need to be refrigerated. I didn't even think about our carry-ons! I guess we will have to check them before we go.

We always have late departure flights and what we do is check our checked bags at the tsa resort check in and then go to the front of the hotel to the bell services desk and give them our carry on bags/personal bags/anything we didn’t previously check with Tsa at the hotel, fill out a return tag and then they store our luggage for us. We go back and retrieve it. We’re planning on doing that in the morning of our arrival since our room probably won’t be ready when we get there.
Since it’s refrigerated you could possibly call the hotel beforehand and see what they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter