The OFFICIAL December 2014 - Christmas Magic

Oh what a great chart! Thanks!

What does it mean by prices are higher? Is that just a normal price hike for the Christmas thing? If so, I think we've already planned for it. Do you have any idea how easy it is to get ADR's for the more popular restaurants in the not so busy weeks?

:cool1:

I believe the higher in price is just what they charge during peak times. ADR's are probably hard to get. I'm planning on booking BOG and CRT at the 180 day mark. I'm going to WDW in 19 days and was not able to get reservations for either place. I plan on putting a reminder in my phone for the 180 day mark. I'm an over planner so I will most likely know what parks I am going in what days at the 180 day mark

I will definitely be doing the 180 day ADR...

It's basically risk free, and you make sure to get what you want.

We are planning a December 2014 trip, too! It will be an extended family trip and a birthday blowout for my 2 girls who will turn 9 and 6 the month we visit. My dad will be turning 70, too! We are trying to get all 4 adult kids and their families down to WDW for this one!! That's 4 kids, 4 spouses, 4 grandparents, and 9 children between us - So, 21 people all together. My brother has DVC and is stockpiling points for us <3 Their home resort is Wilderness Lodge - so that's likely where we'll be. I CANNOT wait - seems SO far away... The only big plans I have so far are to do a tour with my dad - the Steam Train one - for his birthday :thumbsup2 and treat my parents to a Candlelight Processional Dinner package. We usually go the first full week of December. My sister was pushing for us to wait for her son to finish finals. None of us like the crowds that come with holiday break.... we'll see.... :duck:

Less than 600 days ;)

Someday I plan to visit Disney during the holidays! Do the additional crowds impact the holiday magic? Or does the extra special time of year make it all worth it.

Someday I plan to visit Disney during the holidays! Do the additional crowds impact the holiday magic? Or does the extra special time of year make it all worth it.

I have gone in the 2nd week of Dec in 2010 and 2012 and never had a problem with crowd issues. The only thing is that ADR's for the choice restaurants tend to fill up quickly.

Also, for an additional fee, you can always purchase tix to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It is a hard ticket event and they cap the number of tix that they sell. It has it's own seperate parade that they run twice. 2 dance parties for the kids at opposite ends of the park. Meet and greets with characters that are not seen too often. And my personal favorite, you can literally walk on to any ride with no wait.

I'm in! Our trip for this November is pretty well planned now, so I've started to consider a Christmas/ New Years trip in 2014. I'm in love with the idea at the moment - crowds and all. I can't wait to see how it takes shape!

That's the week we will be there too. Where are you planning on staying?

We are big fans of both Port Orleans resorts, but I wont be picky if a deal comes out. We will try for French Quarter, but will remain flexible. I will probably book just as soon as 2014 packages become available.

We are big fans of both Port Orleans resorts, but I wont be picky if a deal comes out. We will try for French Quarter, but will remain flexible. I will probably book just as soon as 2014 packages become available.

Just spoke to someone at resort reservations and she said even if the 2014 packages are available you cant book until 499 days prior to your arrival date.

Longest countdown ever...

Ive been following this guy Steve from England over on the TP chat. He has had a countdown for over a year. I thought he was having a rough time, but then here I go...:(

Me! We are in the middle of planning a late Nov/early Dec trip for our 10th wedding anniversary. My DD will be 7 and DS (who is only 15 weeks old!) will be almost 2! DH and I went for our 1st wedding anniversary (stayed offsite though, unfortunately) and DD went for her 4th birthday in October 2011. I'm so excited to be planning another trip!

What resorts are everyone planning to stay at? Right now we are looking at POFQ as we've stayed there before and loved it. Not sure how 'Christmassy' it will be though?

I'm in the UK and packages here are available already, so just trying to make our choice and then we can book! :cool1:

been a bit since I was on here reading and posting. as for xmas week, crowds-yes it is busy and can be a bit crowded, but really we feel it adds to the magic. We did however notice this last trip the week before xmas was lower and did notice as the crowds grew. It does not make us not want to go back, we do plan around HS sports(DS in on varsity squad) and vacation time from school so they may only miss 2-4 days(we drive down). I keep watching my vacation timer and alarms that will let me know when I can finally call and book.

Me! We are in the middle of planning a late Nov/early Dec trip for our 10th wedding anniversary. My DD will be 7 and DS (who is only 15 weeks old!) will be almost 2! DH and I went for our 1st wedding anniversary (stayed offsite though, unfortunately) and DD went for her 4th birthday in October 2011. I'm so excited to be planning another trip!

What resorts are everyone planning to stay at? Right now we are looking at POFQ as we've stayed there before and loved it. Not sure how 'Christmassy' it will be though?

I'm in the UK and packages here are available already, so just trying to make our choice and then we can book! :cool1:

so lucky! I am still waiting to make our reservations. We did go and walk around POFQ this past Dec(we went with the kids' choice and stayed at POP-I win for the next trip and back to Moderates) Love the look at POFQ at Christmas. as it is, right now POFQ is our first choice for resorts and POR is our second.

Count is in! We went for the very first time back in January and since I've been home I have been obsessed with wanting another trip.

DH is going to shake his head when he finds out I've started planning another one, but I am expecting a healthy increase in my pay in October that will soften the blow.

We will probably stay at POP and hope for free Dining.

I think I will join you! We just got back yesterday but I need to start planning again! My husband thinks Dec 2015 would be good but I am secretly thinking that Dec 2014 may work! The June crowds and heat/rain for a bit much for us...we have three kids (6,almost 3, and 8 months) and I'm hoping by then it will be easier...especially without the heat). Can't wait to plan!! :yay:

I think I will join you! We just got back yesterday but I need to start planning again! My husband thinks Dec 2015 would be good but I am secretly thinking that Dec 2014 may work! The June crowds and heat/rain for a bit much for us...we have three kids (6,almost 3, and 8 months) and I'm hoping by then it will be easier...especially without the heat). Can't wait to plan!! :yay:

Good plan. Sneaky... But good.

I think your kids are going to love Disney in Dec. There is just so much there at that time of year that is jaw dropping. Especially for kids.

Joining in here! Nice to get in on the beginning of one of these threads for once haha! We will be going to WDW for my DS's 4th birthday and my in laws first ever trip to Disney in December 2014! Very excited about this trip and can't wait to start planning :goodvibes

Joining in here! Nice to get in on the beginning of one of these threads for once haha! We will be going to WDW for my DS's 4th birthday and my in laws first ever trip to Disney in December 2014! Very excited about this trip and can't wait to start planning :goodvibes

Glad you found the page... What dates are you planning for? My DD10 now will be going Dec. 14-21....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter