The Official DIS Golden Globes LIVE WATCH PARTY Thread!!! TONITE

OK who has watched succession? Is it worth it? DH and I are looking for a good show to watch.

Hi Y'all! Checking in to see what your take on Jo Koy is, I've known about him for a long time. He is genuinely funny, but it looks like he's in over his head for this gig. Saw some "Who's this clown?" looks on some of the audience members.

Is that pretty much what is happening?

Hi Y'all! Checking in to see what your take on Jo Koy is, I've known about him for a long time. He is genuinely funny, but it looks like he's in over his head for this gig. Saw some "Who's this clown?" looks on some of the audience members.

Yes, who IS he, since you've watched him a long time. Is he a stand up comic? Or has he done some movie or TV shows?

His monologue was bad.

Yes, who IS he, since you've watched him a long time. Is he a stand up comic? Or has he done some movie or TV shows?
He does stand-up, don't think he's been in movies. He can sell out big arenas, this is just too much of a stretch for him. I'm familiar with him from podcasts and a Netflix special

My husband watched the whole thing. I popped in here and there to watch. It’s heavy and the characters are pretty despicable.
Yeah that is kind of what I thought. Does not sound like my cup of tea.

OMG I saw Jury Duty! Hilarious! I died laughing so many times.

Yes! It's reality TV at it's best. They set up a premise where everyone, except one person, is in on being part of a fake jury and trial. What's so brilliant is that, other than the producers giving the actors the loose situation, they all are improvising 98% of it. As the situation changes according to how the one unknowing person reacts to each of them, and them to each other.

(Many have ear prompters in their ear and being told what to do, or how they producers want the situation to go. But, at times, the ear prompters didn't work, so the actors were really winging it all, and they all had to work together to make it realistic in such ongoing, unrealistic situations.) And it was all so hilarious! :rotfl:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter