The Official Free Dining Watch 2007 Thread

This is so depressing...I know what the CM said she said ASMo cause I said oh well that is my second choice (Pop was my first) and we made THREE ressies all for ASMo...I don't know how she could mess up 3 ressies????????????? I asked them to check the recording of the phone call, she said she would see if it was recorded and get back to me.:guilty:

I've stayed at ASMu and it was rather nice and honestly it was quieter than we stayed at CBR. I really think you will enjoy it as much as ASMo.

We're in !!! :cool1:

No waiting on hold....just a call to my AAA TA this morning, and a call this afternoon with the news.

:yay: Seven nights @ CR w/MKV....and free food too! :yay:

Had to give up the AAA discount to get the free DDP, but in terms of dollars, free DDP is worth more than the AAA discount on the room.

The $156 is better off in my pocket....at least until September!

come on, how much time will you be in the room? You will spend all your time in those great restaurants eating that delicious free cuisine!:goodvibes

I totally agree. Sometimes you have to give up something in order to get something else. If free DDP is more important then you may have to go to a different resort. I liked ASMu. The pools are quite cute and very kid related. I really think that you will enjoy yourself regardless of where you sleep.

come on, how much time will you be in the room? You will spend all your time in those great restaurants eating that delicious free cuisine!:goodvibes

Yeah you are right...I am just really annoyed cause the CM at guest services made me feel like I was lying...like I was trying to be a sneak to get a room that I really didn't book. That is why I told her to find the recording of our conversation...

well, Ithe CM that I spoke with transferred me to guest services, who was super unsympathetic, and rude and pretty much told me I was beat...I told her that the CM made my ressies for ASMo and asked her if the calls were recorded, and she said not all of them...how convenient...but that she would see if it was recorded, and then said she would get back to me...PLEASE HELP...what should I do should I try to call back and speak with someone else...UGH...I can't believe this is happening...I really don't want to stay at ASMu and don't know what to so!!!!:eek: :guilty: :sad2: :sad1:

Had a similar incident. I was originally book at Pop but it was not available for my dates, told only ASmu or ASp available. I chose sports prefered she got everything done and I was just happy to get free dining. Called back because I heard the pool would be closed and waited till 11a so my wait was only 10 minutes to ask about the pool. The CM pulled up my reservation and said the pool is not closed at ASmu only ASp. I said I know but is it closed when we are there. She said only for your first 2 days would you like me to move you to ASp. I said no that is where I am already booked. She said no you are booked at ASmu regular room. The CM who booked me this morning repeated ASp 3 times. I am losing my mind but not that badly. I just told the new CM it was ok to just leave me at ASmu. I figured heck I am saving approx $1200 10 days 3 adult dining price I would sleep in the pool to save $1200. lol Actually to sleep on a nice raft in the pool might feel good after walking the parks all day long. My choice would have been to add free dining to my original Pop room (I love Pop and it's my anniversary) but it is a no go for me.

I guess the only choice you would have is to pay for dining and stay at ASmo or take the savings to stay at the resort you least like. Another way would be to keep calling back to see if it opens up at ASmo.

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

Just keep calling back, I am SURE some availability will come up eventually (though maybe not until the 45 day mark).

The last 2 years, my cousin "dropped the ball" and didnt' do her reservations until late, and both times she was put @ ASMu and both times was able to transfer to POP w/us.

At the 45 day mark, call early & often (and occasionally before then too wouldn't hurt..especially 10-12 days from now). That's when the balance of packages are due, and many cancellations create availability.

I DO agree with the majority here though, regardless where you stay, all the values are the same, just different icons/characters. I was fortunate to get POP on Monday, but if it weren't available, I'd be happy anywhere on property..it IS Disney for goodness sake:lmao:

:) Oh no, I just read on one of the posts that the pool as ASSp is closed sometime is Sept. does anyone know when ? I will have to change - the pool is a must.

Ok so I check my reservations online and I had booked a 2 night package and then my free dining follows it...Free dining package seems ok (even though it says nothing about dining) yet I have 2 packages for the 2 night one, seperate reservation #'s and all!! They are both for the exact dates and package..CSR water view, 2 nights, 1 day base with dining for 2 adults 1 junior 1 child....?!?!?! Time to call CRO....

I was told the pool at sports is closed till 9/14. So it either opens on the 14th or the 15th sorry I did not clarify. HTH. The pool is a must for us too but there are 2 pools and one will be open.

I just changed mine to ASMu, not my first choice. But we have FD. Just wish I could of gotten POP. Anyone have any thought on ASMu ? The transportion issue worries me a bit. Thanks:)

Wow, I am so happy right now! I was on hold for 45 minutes this morning and had to hang up to leave for work. I just came home and called and got exactly what I had hoped for! POR waterview 7th-15th. :cheer2:
I hope everyone else gets their 1st pick as well!!

Ok so I check my reservations online and I had booked a 2 night package and then my free dining follows it...Free dining package seems ok (even though it says nothing about dining) yet I have 2 packages for the 2 night one, seperate reservation #'s and all!! They are both for the exact dates and package..CSR water view, 2 nights, 1 day base with dining for 2 adults 1 junior 1 child....?!?!?! Time to call CRO....

I dont know why they refer to them as jr you still pay the adult price for tickets and dining plan.....LOL!!!

:) Oh no, I just read on one of the posts that the pool as ASSp is closed sometime is Sept. does anyone know when ? I will have to change - the pool is a must.

Don't know if anyones posted this or not (haven't finished reading them yet)

All-Star Sports Resort - Surfboard Bay Pool & Kiddie Pool closed for rehab August 27 - September 13, 2007.
For Guest convenience, the Grand Slam Pool will remain open. Guests can also take advantage of the four other pools offered at Disney's All-Star Music Resort and Disney's All-Star Movies Resort.

For all of you with your hearts set on a certain resort (especially values) KEEP TRYING!!! I was just able to get my neighbor 7 nights at POP that was unavailable this morning! I booked it online about 10 minutes ago!! Good luck and HAPPY EATING! popcorn:: :cool1:

I just changed mine to ASMu, not my first choice. But we have FD. Just wish I could of gotten POP. Anyone have any thought on ASMu ? The transportion issue worries me a bit. Thanks:)

I am in the same boat as you and will be at ASMu. In previous years I have stayed at both ASMo and Pop. I know I am in the minority but I prefered the busses at the all stars. My reason is we stood on the busses a lot more at Pop than ASMo. Both places packed people in like sardines after park closing so no difference there. Yeah we were last on last off at ASMo but for some reason we just got a seat more often. ASMo was beginning of Oct Pop was beginning of August so the time might have made a difference but Pop seemed less crowded than ASMo for some reason. Pop bus stops are further away at the parks as well. All in all I would rate the busses the same. I just prefer the theming and location of Pop over the All stars. YMMV I am just grateful to have gotten a value resort during free dining. :banana: Hope that helped ease your fears a bit.

Well, I haven't heard anything from my AAA TA yet...guess she really dropped the ball here...thank goodness I didn't trust her and I did my own reservation and got Free dining!

Now to figure out how to get the AAA parking pass - since we saved so much money, and we'd have to pay out some for shuttles anyway (we're going to Universal Royal Pacific Resort first so no ME for us & then we gotta get to ASMu from RPR), dh agreed to a car rental!! Woo-Hoo!

i just went to the wdw website and checked my dates and guess what - the only value that was available was sports - we're going 9/16-30.

nor is it available for our friends' dates: 9/21-25

guess it's good we got it when we did - I would be tempted to move to a moderate if i had to go to sports (I hate sports - not the resort, I've never been, but sports in general)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter