**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
And I've finished reading it! Very informative and telling, thanks Hydroguy for writing and Sherry for cluing me in. Thankfully my price for it was only around $6 or I might have been quite upset. AS it is, I'll take the lines portion with a grain of salt and the crowd calendar with a whole box! Still maybe some use for the DL version, but sounds like WDW version is the one with value.

mgpan --

Have you ever seen/read this thread by HydroGuy - "Why I Am Skeptical of the Touring Plans Website DLR Crowd Calendar"?

Thanks for the tip Sherry, I'll just have to try them and see how it works for us. Other than arrive early, fastpass often, etc. we'll hope for the best!:love:

I AM ! I AM ! We are going October 2-12! I'm going with my mom & dad, my sister and my 2 kids .... DD (11) and DS(15). This is the second disney trip for my kids and they are super stoked! We are flying to LAX from Edmonton, Alberta. We are planning on staying the first 7 days at the Desert Inn & Suites . Mom and dad are leaving after 7 days. My sister, the kids and I are then switching hotels (which is our surprise for the kids) and staying at PPH for our last three nights. I have never stayed at a Disney hotel at DL so I'm pretty excited for that! We are planning on getting 5 day park hoppers and doing the MHP one night as well. Keeping fingers crossed that we have good luck with minimal refurbs.

Wow 10 days! That's a long time to stay at DL! Lucky:thumbsup2 ! I've only stayed THAT long when I go to WDW because its bigger and requires more time to experience everything. When we go to DLR we only stay 3 days and see everything but I haven't been since 2010 and it seems like they've added so MUCH -particularity to DCA since then (Cars land, WOC, BVS etc) that now I'm worried three days isn't enough??

Argh! Too late! I've already given my family the dates so hopefully it will suffice.

We're going Oct 9-12.

I actually wanted to do the Halloween Party but on the Disneyland website there's no option to "purchase tickets" next to the days so Im guessing all the days are sold out:confused3

Oh well, I guess on the ONE night during our stay that DL will close early for the Halloween Party, we can shoot across to DCA and watch WOC. Maybe I can get my mom and dad dinner reservations with reserved seating so they dont have to fight the crowds to see the show...?

Wow 10 days! That's a long time to stay at DL! Lucky:thumbsup2 ! I've only stayed THAT long when I go to WDW because its bigger and requires more time to experience everything. When we go to DLR we only stay 3 days and see everything but I haven't been since 2010 and it seems like they've added so MUCH -particularity to DCA since then (Cars land, WOC, BVS etc) that now I'm worried three days isn't enough??

Argh! Too late! I've already given my family the dates so hopefully it will suffice.

We're going Oct 9-12.

I actually wanted to do the Halloween Party but on the Disneyland website there's no option to "purchase tickets" next to the days so Im guessing all the days are sold out:confused3

Oh well, I guess on the ONE night during our stay that DL will close early for the Halloween Party, we can shoot across to DCA and watch WOC. Maybe I can get my mom and dad dinner reservations with reserved seating so they dont have to fight the crowds to see the show...?

Dionnemay -

You can buy tickets online. Two MHP nights have sold out thus far -- 9/26 and 10/3. I have noted in red the nights that have sold out in this post.

From this page of the Disneyland website, go to 2014 Mickey's Halloween Party Dates and Ticket Prices and follow the Check Availability links for the dates you want. Those will lead you where you need to go to buy tickets if you keep clicking through.

Dionnemay -

You can buy tickets online. Two MHP nights have sold out thus far -- 9/26 and 10/3. I have noted in red the nights that have sold out in this post.

From this page of the Disneyland website, go to 2014 Mickey's Halloween Party Dates and Ticket Prices and follow the Check Availability links for the dates you want. Those will lead you where you need to go to buy tickets if you keep clicking through.

Suh-Weet! Thanks! There's still openings on the 10th woo hoo! :cool1:Now I can take me and the kids to the party and I'll still send Mom and Dad across to CA for WOC dinner reservations. That way they get some "romantic" time to themselves which I'm sure they will love since its been 22 years since either has been to Disney and The first time my mom ever went Disney was 38 years ago when my dad took her to WDW for their honeymoon.

Awe...so sweeeeet!:flower3:

But the kids, myself, and my brother will probably find Mickey's Halloween party LESS creepy than watching them make out :eek:so...yah we'll go to the party.

Our first trip to Disneyland :yay:
Really excited. We will be there from Oct 23rd until Nov 2nd

I only today found out about the ten day tickets so have asked our travel agent to see if we change to those ones.

I think we will throughly enjoy ourselves so I am really hoping we do obtain those tickets.

We have booked our Mickey Halloween party ticket

Umm we also might be on the wrong side of 50 (he is muchhh older than me :rotfl:)
Well you have to start the Disney process sometime.

Did anybody remember which dates of the MHP were sold out the last years?
Background to this question. We will not get our APs before 10/5 but would like to get the discount. Want to go 10/27.

Did anybody remember which dates of the MHP were sold out the last years?
Background to this question. We will not get our APs before 10/5 but would like to get the discount. Want to go 10/27.

See Question #11 in this post, from the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread.

DBF and I will be going Oct 22nd-26th. We already have our tickets for MHP on the 24th. So excited! :yay:

Well we decided to extend our Disneyland trip to 2 days and upgraded our one day tickets to two day park hoppers.. seems that Monday's are the extra magic hour for DCA so I imagine we will start there..

Columbus day weekend will be busy, but I would anticipate that DL is busier than DCA that day? Or the other way around due to the DCA EMH? I imagine that Monday to Tuesday will be a lot different for crowd levels, especially with a MHP that night cutting the regular admission park hours slightly.

Either way pretty excited to double our Disneyland time, it was a hard choice giving up a day at the spa but in the end I think we will be happier :) Only thing is that I have done zero research for DCA as we never planned to go there, time to cram!

Staying at the Embassy Suites, Oct 2-9. 4 days of Disney, 2 for Universal :D

May change it to 5 days of Disney if Universal is a quick go-through.

How chilly are the parks after 8pm during that first two weeks of October and any possibility of it raining or can get better information closer to those dates?

Whether it is warm or chilly at night is anybodies guess, as southern California weather is maddeningly changeable, in spite of the weather forecast!;)

We visit that same time frame every year, and we have found that it is best to go prepared for anything---which sound harder than it is.

Days tend to be nice and warm(but an occasional breezy, cooler day may hit here or there), and temps tend to drop at night, as soon as the sun goes down---how far they drop, just depends.

We always take/dress in layers. Usually wear short sleeves, but make sure to have a light cardigan/jacket with us, for those attractions/restaurants where they crank up the AC, and for when the sun goes down.

We haven't encountered much rain in October, but we do always throw in a poncho, and a heavier hoodie/jacket, for "just in case", but usually haven't needed them.:thumbsup2

We begin watching the forecast about 10 days out--- checking it daily, but still take layers, no matter what it says!

10/20-10/24
Grand
MHP on 10/20
Dressing up as a party of SEVEN as all of the characters from Peter Pan.

Staying at the Embassy Suites, Oct 2-9. 4 days of Disney, 2 for Universal :D

May change it to 5 days of Disney if Universal is a quick go-through.

How chilly are the parks after 8pm during that first two weeks of October and any possibility of it raining or can get better information closer to those dates?

Trisity --

There is always a possibility of rain in October, though it is not as likely a month to get rain as some other months.

October is one of those months that can go in a few different directions, weather-wise (I live in SoCal). There seem to be years when October is just hot and dry all the way through. There are other years when October seems to be cooler, gloomy, chilly, and a bit rainy. Then there might be some nice days thrown in that are sunny but not miserably hot. And it can be windy whether it is hot and dry or cool and rainy! Wind is the enemy, as it will stop the Halloween Screams fireworks from happening during the MHP -- and the fireworks are one thing that people are paying for.

I think it was in 2012 (I don't think it was last year) when a couple of Halloween Party nights were rained on in October, so it can happen. I can't recall whether the rain cancelled out the Cavalcade or not. The rain may have let up before the Cavalcade was to begin, but I don't remember.

In any case, yes, keep checking sites like Accuweather or others with extended forecasts. I use Accuweather when I have to go somewhere in the summer, because I hate heat and like to keep tabs on exactly how hot it will be and what the "feels like" temperature will be, so I know exactly what I am dealing with. Last December I was keeping tabs on how cold it would be at night. I always notice that the forecast seems to change from day to day, and the temperatures keep rising and dropping by a couple of degrees, or more. The forecast doesn't seem to firm up and stabilize until about 5 days before the date I am looking at.

With tomorrow being the last day of August you would think the entire October calendar would be out?! That's what I get for thinking, ugh sure wish the week of the 19th would show up!

Did anyone else notice there are times posted for Fantasmic on Thursday 10/9?!?! I'm SOOO hoping that they somehow have times for the following Thursday when we're there! Going to have to send a wish to the Blue Fairy!

Ok, I am having the best planning day ever! Not only did I find out that Walt's apartment will be replaced on the wiwf tour while I'm there with the dream suite (!!!) But noticed that Thursday the 9th includes late dl hours and two showings of Fantasmic (confirmed this on the phone with cm)! I'm going to do the Fantasmic dessert package, and the wiwf tour, happiest haunts, 2 Halloween parties, and woc lunch package because I was going to eat at wine country trattoria anyway! It's going to be a great trip!

Amilo…..

That sounds like such a great itinerary!

You are packing in so many wonderful experiences!:thumbsup2

Thanks! I hope I am catching all the important things! This board has been such a HUGE help in planning! :) This may be my only chance to do Disneyland exactly the way I want to and to see everything I'd like, so I'm taking full advantage! :)

I think that WOC lunch package might be the way to go for me as well.. definitely planning to relax for a bit in the afternoon and taste some great wine anyway. Might as well pay a bit extra and skip the FP line. Thanks for that suggestion.

If you do the WOC lunch package...so you need to line up early or is there a spot for people that have bought it? Just wondering if you did the lunch package..how early do you them need to get there for the show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter