*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Magic Your Band stickers came today!
Georgia Bulldogs stickers came today!

Nobody else is playing along :scared:

But we are 3 garbage days away
2 Dunkin Donuts reward coffees away
10 working days

I've only got 10 working days left as well. Well, 10.5 technically, but I don't count today as it's my day off and I'm doing 4 hours overtime. It's a bank holiday on Monday, and considering how busy work is, I'm convinced they'll put on overtime. And that means that I get double pay + overtime premium (which is about 40% of my hourly rate). I never do 12 hour shifts, but I will do it on a bank holiday.

I had an email a few days ago from Disney and they're cancelling my horseback riding at Fort Wilderness because they're doing construction work in the area. Oh well, more time to just relax there and rent a canoe before we do our archery lesson.

Well pooh, today is my 30 day mark to book FP. I wanted just 2 in AK in the evening. I got Navi at the time I wanted but RoL were all gone. How far in advance do I need to go standby?

We're only supposed to be in EPCOT for 2 days of our trip, but I'm thinking of just scanning in and leaving around closing time just so we can get that cutting board!
We have a four night trip and I had planned only two days at Epcot. But now that they have the cute cutting board for AP holders, we will definitely fit in those other two days. :) We have the nice glassware from other AP premiums and the cutting board is the first nice premium in a few years.

We are going in four weeks from today. I've been avoiding the Dis for the last two weeks because it makes me think too much about Disney. But now I'm ready to get caught back up again. ::yes::

We have an AP morning event at DHS and I am curious to see how the whole process goes. I hope some of you come back and report on your experience. :)

10 days until WDW! We are officially in the 10 day weather forecast LOL

7 work days left

:dancer:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good forecast! I was just thinking this morning while getting ready for work that we haven't heard much about any sort of bad weather coming up, but then I was afraid I'd jinxed it! I didn't want to incur the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing, so I had to go outside, turn around three times, and spit. :goodvibes (West Wing reference, lol). Can't believe it's almost time for single digit dancing!

Last edited:
Keeping my fingers crossed for a good forecast! I was just thinking this morning while getting ready for work that we haven't heard much about any sort of bad weather coming up, but then I was afraid I'd jinxed it! I didn't want to incur the wrath of the something from high atop the thing, so I had to go outside, turn around three times, and spit. :goodvibes (West Wing reference, lol). Can't believe it's almost time for single digit dancing!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE West Wing :D

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good forecast! I was just thinking this morning while getting ready for work that we haven't heard much about any sort of bad weather coming up, but then I was afraid I'd jinxed it! I didn't want to incur the wrath of the something from high atop the thing, so I had to go outside, turn around three times, and spit. :goodvibes (West Wing reference, lol). Can't believe it's almost time for single digit dancing!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE West Wing :D

ME TOO!

We leave in 8 days! WOOHOO!!!! Can't believe we are in single digits! I've already looked at the weather for the first couple of days and it looks good besides the afternoon thunderstorm which is to be expected. I still need to buy my husband a pirate hat and my son's Peter Pan costume from Etsy hasn't shipped yet and neither have our mousekeeping envelopes. Trying to save more money since I found all sorts of merch we must have. So, we are living on bread and lunchmeat till we leave. :rotfl:

YESS I keep seeing new merch hitting the stores and I. NEED. DISNEY. TO. STOP. I am sitting trying to decide if I really can expand my budget or not.....
We leave in 8 days! WOOHOO!!!! Can't believe we are in single digits! I've already looked at the weather for the first couple of days and it looks good besides the afternoon thunderstorm which is to be expected. I still need to buy my husband a pirate hat and my son's Peter Pan costume from Etsy hasn't shipped yet and neither have our mousekeeping envelopes. Trying to save more money since I found all sorts of merch we must have. So, we are living on bread and lunchmeat till we leave. :rotfl:

YESS I keep seeing new merch hitting the stores and I. NEED. DISNEY. TO. STOP. I am sitting trying to decide if I really can expand my budget or not.....

RIGHT? My husband, bless his heart, is working every single day till we leave JUST to support the Disney merch addiction. I haven't even looked at all the things I know my kids will want. I was set on our budget till a couple weeks ago and now, I don't know how much bigger I can make it lol!

RIGHT? My husband, bless his heart, is working every single day till we leave JUST to support the Disney merch addiction. I haven't even looked at all the things I know my kids will want. I was set on our budget till a couple weeks ago and now, I don't know how much bigger I can make it lol!

OH I know I had the budget all nice and ready...then new stuff kept coming out, and I feel like I am back to square one! We went 2 years ago in September and it was a weird off season for merch, like nothing new came out/was coming out. So we did not have the spending bug looming over us. BUT this year already... COME ON! :upsidedow

I've been away too long - I had no idea this was a thing until this morning! Really wish we had ordered Magic Band colors that would have gone with some of the autumn-themed ones...blue and pink would probably look a little funny!

I happened to order orange because i like it. Also late to the game of decals. If I knew, would have influenced the other color choices. You might consider the glow in the dark icons. Goes with everything. Ordered, shipped and arrive super fast. They airmail for standard free shipping.

22 days here!

Time is flying by pretty quickly. DH needs to design one more custom Magicband decal and we're all set. I got an email today that our second set of bands have shipped :)
I still need to make our Donald and Daisy Duck hats for MNSSHP, and figure out exactly which outfits I'm wearing each day. Plus refine our touring plan and buy a couple of little things.

I happened to order orange because i like it. Also late to the game of decals. If I knew, would have influenced the other color choices. You might consider the glow in the dark icons. Goes with everything. Ordered, shipped and arrive super fast. They airmail for standard free shipping.
I'm so glad you liked the decals! DH and I love designing our own, mostly because I'm a bit "extra" and like having magic bands that are unique and also to match with my outfits. haha

12 days!! I have officially started packing :) I need to get just a few last minute things and then I will be good to go! I deposited the Disney Fund in to the bank, got my hair done, and bought the highest SPF sunblock I could find (because my heritage is Irish/Scottish/British...God did not want me to be tan lol)

And Disney will be especially happy trip because I just got some good news...I got a promotion at work! I get to stay in the department that I am currently in (and love), keep my summers off, and will get a pay raise! I am thrilled...nervous because there will be a lot of new stuff to learn, but so happy that this happened :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter