The Official Spring/Spring Advantage 2010 Thread!

I'm a little late to this thread... but this caught my eye! Yes - you can most definately graduate, do the CP and then a PI - that's what I did (I'm on my PI now). The thing to be aware of is program dates.

You can only be on a student program (CP, PI) for one consecutive year. So you can do the fall (Aug-Jan) into the first PI program (Jan-June) no problem. If you do the spring program you need to be aware of when your end date is, the second 6 month program typically starts at the beginning of July (but varies).

In most cases you cannot do an Advantage program into a PI - that's over a year. Exception is of course the specific PI. One PI I applied for ends in May, so I could have done Fall Advantage and been fine. However, the one I was offered ends in June, had I done Advantage then I couldn't have been offered this one. They asked me all about my CP program dates in my interview to make sure I wouldn't go over a year.

Also - you cannot leave a CP early to go to a PI, you need to complete your CP contract! These are all potential problems.

This is interesting! Thanks for the insight! I'm reading your blog and it is so exciting to see photos of your degrees! I can't wait until I can apply for the CP! I'll be looking forward to reading about your PI experiences throughout the coming months... good luck!! Thanks again!

Oh, no way! That's so cool. Small world, isn't it?

I'm from Long Island, and I thought I was the only one who was on these forums... there are a lot of Long Islanders here! It really is a small world. Not to mention I met two CMs who were from LI on my trip this past August.

I'm from Long Island, and I thought I was the only one who was on these forums... there are a lot of Long Islanders here! It really is a small world. Not to mention I met two CMs who were from LI on my trip this past August.

You're not too far from us either, then. That's cool. You guys have facebooks?

Hi!! My name is Stacey and I'm 17. Haha, it is early! (But secretly I wanted to start one of these too!) I am applying for Spring 2010... I'd rather be Fall, but I've been waiting to go for the WDWCP since 9th grade, and Spring is the first chance I have, and I guess, well, I'm getting IMPATIENT! :D

Haha.

I'm very excited, my friend Amanda is going down hopefully for Fall 2009 for CS. And what with her talking about it, it's making me even more excited/impatient for mine! lol.

I'll be going for CP. I'm thinking about Attractions, FSF&B, and Merchandise, I think. I'm not sure about Merchandise yet. But definitley the other too.

Whats everyone else applying for?

FACEBOOK: Stacey Galt, Chichester HS
(I think I have orange hair in it! haha. :D )

Hospitality
Photographer
Attractions
Food Service
and maybe Vacation Planning.

=)

I am planning on going for Spring Advantage, too! :D

I'll be applying for
Attractions
FSFB
Merchandise

What types of attractions would you want to work on?

Welcome! My name is Joe, and I originally started this thread for the same reason... to meet people for Spring 2010, which I would apply for. However, things do change, and now I'm probably going to apply for Fall 2010. I'm still trying to convince my parents otherwise... but as of now, I'll be applying for Fall 2010.

I'm sort of jealous! I really want to go down for Fall 2010, but I am just to impatient! But maybe, I'll go for advantage, and extend, or possibly go seasonal, and then go to WDW for my 2nd CP in Fall 2011!

I can't wait, I also have aspirations of working for the disney once I'm out of school, so therefore I also would like to get a PI! To be an imagineer would be completely awesome. But I need to do a little more research into it to make sure of what I major in, and how helpful it will be! I'm a little nervous of the whole idea of uprooting my life in Philadelphia, and taking it to Florida! :[ lol.

Hi!! My name is Stacey and I'm 17. Haha, it is early! (But secretly I wanted to start one of these too!) I am applying for Spring 2010... I'd rather be Fall, but I've been waiting to go for the WDWCP since 9th grade, and Spring is the first chance I have, and I guess, well, I'm getting IMPATIENT! :D

Haha.

I'm very excited, my friend Amanda is going down hopefully for Fall 2009 for CS. And what with her talking about it, it's making me even more excited/impatient for mine! lol.

I'll be going for CP. I'm thinking about Attractions, FSF&B, and Merchandise, I think. I'm not sure about Merchandise yet. But definitley the other too.

Whats everyone else applying for?

FACEBOOK: Stacey Galt, Chichester HS
(I think I have orange hair in it! haha. :D )

You're in the same situation as me! I discovered the CP in 9th grade and have been counting down ever since! I had my heart set on applying for Spring 2010 because it was the first chance I would have, but my parents want me to wait a year before starting.

Fall doesn't sound too bad - I was devastated when they told me. But it's only 6 more months to wait. I've already started my new countdown...

You're in the same situation as me! I discovered the CP in 9th grade and have been counting down ever since! I had my heart set on applying for Spring 2010 because it was the first chance I would have, but my parents want me to wait a year before starting.

Fall doesn't sound too bad - I was devastated when they told me. But it's only 6 more months to wait. I've already started my new countdown...

Haha thats so awesome! Yeah, that really does suck! But six months shouldn't be that bad! Plus, with the friends you make here, some of us should be able to fill you in on some stuff and hopefully help you pass the time! haha. I can't decide which program to choose. I REALLY want Fall, but I kinda don't want to wait. But we'll see come Aug-Sept which I'll do!

Fall would be great because you get to be there for all these fun holidays, Christmas, Halloween, New Years, Thanksgiving! I would totally extend either program I went to! haha.

Haha thats so awesome! Yeah, that really does suck! But six months shouldn't be that bad! Plus, with the friends you make here, some of us should be able to fill you in on some stuff and hopefully help you pass the time! haha. I can't decide which program to choose. I REALLY want Fall, but I kinda don't want to wait. But we'll see come Aug-Sept which I'll do!

Fall would be great because you get to be there for all these fun holidays, Christmas, Halloween, New Years, Thanksgiving! I would totally extend either program I went to! haha.

That's so awesome! We're both in the same boat. If I were you, I'd wait for Fall. The Spring programs are always hot and busier... that's really the only disadvantage I can think of. Being an Imagineer was my dream since I first watched the documentary about Imagineers... some time back in elementary school.

I've mapped out my plans, and I hope to get at least two CPs before I apply for my PIs. I plan to apply for as many PIs as I can, and hopefully by the time I finish my 2nd CP, I'll have a PI. I don't want to jinx myself, so I'm trying my hardest not to get too excited.

Hopefully, after my PI, (if I get one, and if I finish it) I'll apply for associate internships, hopefully with Imagineering or the Studios.

I'm really having trouble with what I want to do ... I plan to get my masters degree, because that will definitely help me with any career. I originally wanted to go for computer science, because I know so much about them, but I took a class in 10th grade and hated it... that's not what I want to do all my life.

Maybe some type of engineering would be better for me - it also seems better suited for Imagineering.

You're right, it is a tough decision, but it's ultimately up to you. Please let me know what you decide!

PS - I'll add you on Facebook so we can keep in touch!

That's so awesome! We're both in the same boat. If I were you, I'd wait for Fall. The Spring programs are always hot and busier... that's really the only disadvantage I can think of. Being an Imagineer was my dream since I first watched the documentary about Imagineers... some time back in elementary school.

I've mapped out my plans, and I hope to get at least two CPs before I apply for my PIs. I plan to apply for as many PIs as I can, and hopefully by the time I finish my 2nd CP, I'll have a PI. I don't want to jinx myself, so I'm trying my hardest not to get too excited.

Hopefully, after my PI, (if I get one, and if I finish it) I'll apply for associate internships, hopefully with Imagineering or the Studios.

I'm really having trouble with what I want to do ... I plan to get my masters degree, because that will definitely help me with any career. I originally wanted to go for computer science, because I know so much about them, but I took a class in 10th grade and hated it... that's not what I want to do all my life.

Maybe some type of engineering would be better for me - it also seems better suited for Imagineering.

You're right, it is a tough decision, but it's ultimately up to you. Please let me know what you decide!

PS - I'll add you on Facebook so we can keep in touch!

Awesome! I added you, haha. Yeah, my plans are pretty similar. I want to do as many CP's as I can and then get in 1 or 2 PI's. I plan on getting my MA's as well, so. haha.

I want to work as an Imagineer so badly, but I'm not sure that getting a degree in any of the fields that Imagineer is a part of is right for me though, because Imagineering would be the only job I'd want in any of those fields. Such as interior design, I'd get a major in that to design restaurants, attractions, parades and such, but I wouldn't want to be an interior designer in just general.

So I'll most likely go to school for Biology with a MA in teaching, and working for EPCOT or DAK, and then do some PI's and see if I can get my foot in the Imagineering door because I've worked for the Company, not just the parks. And see if that helps. But if not, I may Master in Creative Writing so I can do Imagineering. haha.

Still figuring that out. And I only have a couple months to do so. lol. But I definitlely want to do ImagiNATIONS! <3

Hey everyone! I have been wanting to do the college program since middle school and I am now a Soph. in college. My parents are not too happy with the idea of me doing the CP but I want to more than they could even know. So hopefully I am planning on doing the CP for Spring 2010. Thanks for making a place for us all to come and talk about this.

Also, I go to Ramapo too!

Hey everyone! I have been wanting to do the college program since middle school and I am now a Soph. in college. My parents are not too happy with the idea of me doing the CP but I want to more than they could even know. So hopefully I am planning on doing the CP for Spring 2010. Thanks for making a place for us all to come and talk about this.

Hello! Glad you're here. This is a great place to learn about the program and talk with those who have done it and will be doing it. I was originally going to apply for Spring 2010, but my parents want me to wait a year before applying. They always get in the way!! Fall 2010 is only 6 more months to wait, but I use the forum to pass the time.

Ah! No way! It's a small world, isn't it? Do you have facebook?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter