The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Also, don't be afraid of going straight up to the upper level of the parking structure. People often overlook it and go straight to the parking lot. There is a set of doors at the south end of the structure (closest to the new tower) that open to the main convention center staircase. The staircase leads right down to the foyer adjacent to the entrance to Goofy's Kitchen and the remodeled Lounge, and it's a short walk from there to the DVC tower.
Pro-Tip by @DonMacGregor !

Staying in a Studio for 9-nights in May. We'd like to use the grills a couple nights.

Has anyone heard if grill utensils are available at the front desk like they are our home resort in Poly?

Is there information posted about studios with and without balconies? How about locations of Preferred vs Standard view?

Is there information posted about studios with and without balconies? How about locations of Preferred vs Standard view?
The only deluxe studios with balconies are the garden studios. About 1/2 the duo studios have them, but there are 0 standard / preferred deluxe studios with balconies.

Would anyone be able to tell me about the pillows in the villas? When we stayed at the DLH in 2022, we found the square bed pillows very uncomfortable for sleeping. Just wondering if I need to pack pillows for everyone! We are staying in a 1-bedroom villa at the end of January. Thanks!

Would anyone be able to tell me about the pillows in the villas? When we stayed at the DLH in 2022, we found the square bed pillows very uncomfortable for sleeping. Just wondering if I need to pack pillows for everyone! We are staying in a 1-bedroom villa at the end of January. Thanks!
A bit too firm and fluffy for me, but they were ok. A little less fluffy and they'd be fine.

Anyone find any videos or stay in of the garden rooms yet? Trying to decide if having the balcony space facing the pool is worth the extra points?
I stayed in a the Deluxe Garden Studio and I feel it is absolutely worth the points if you plan on spending on the balcony or pool! I loved having the extra space for my toddler to play. The live music can be a little loud at night, so that might be something to consider if you are a light sleeper/go to bed early :)

Disneyland seems to be more of a 1-2 night stay resort, so I'm hoping more DVC can bring some changes to better accommodate longer stay and the entire staying on premise better. ADR and he refillable drink mugs are the two of the higher ones on my list, but longer ticket lengths (current max is 5) or Magical Key reservations for ever day of your stay (like in WDW) is the top of my want list.
Apparently you can get MK reservations for everyday of your stay when staying on property. There were several posts regarding this somewhere in the middle of this thread. I believe it was stated that if you have your room reservation linked to the DL app & then make your park reservations, it will give you the extra days. Any block out dates applicable to your particular MK will of course still apply.

We had 4 pillows on the regular queen bed at VDH recently. There is a softer pillow with a pillowcase that has some fabric around the boarder and a firmer pillow with a standard pillowcase. I used the firmer one and it was terrible. The softer one I had thrown on the ground when we arrived thinking it was a decorative one.... didn't want to bother getting a new pillowcase for it from housekeeping so struggled thru with the firmer one lol.

Is there a room finder tool for VDH (like Touring Plans for WDW)? If not, do you guys just call member services and request? We have 1BR pref view. I’m assuming the request would just be “high floor, fantasia” or are there other differences to consider?

Looks like @ehh has the best post. Consider moving this content to post #1 or #2.

Post in thread 'The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...rs-and-fans-info-thread.3923658/post-65152758

Last edited:
Reactions: ehh
Sadly not yet. There is a room view thread though! https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...-hotel-dvc-view-from-the-room-thread.3931280/

The 1BR's will overlook the Monorail Pool or the Palette Pool.
I love how the DIS community here is mapping out the entire hotel. I wonder how Touring Plans does it in Orlando. It seams like someone could just email Disney and they’d share the details. Maybe owners aren’t allowed to see that level of detail? Maybe Disney doesn’t like or appreciate room requests? I don’t know.

Is there a room finder tool for VDH (like Touring Plans for WDW)? If not, do you guys just call member services and request? We have 1BR pref view. I’m assuming the request would just be “high floor, fantasia” or are there other differences to consider?

Looks like @ehh has the best post. Consider moving this content to post #1 or #2.

Post in thread 'The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...rs-and-fans-info-thread.3923658/post-65152758
The 1 bedrooms will be Princess & the Frog Tiana theming. The 2 bedroom dedicated are Fantasia. (1 bedrooms single stack on interior side XX37 or the double stack out front under the grand villas XX16 and XX22).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter