*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

New Private Dining Offerings Now Available at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Guests staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa should be aware that Private Dining introduced a new offering on November 8, 2023. Guests wishing to enjoy this service can now order breakfast for four (4) Guests for $95 plus tax and gratuity. Here is additional information:

The Grand Family Breakfast (serves four) - Scrambled Eggs, Mickey-shaped Waffles, Bacon, Sausage, Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole, Biscuits, and Fresh Fruit accompanied with Butter, Jam, Maple Syrup, Minute Maid Orange Juice, and your choice of Hot Beverage.

Private Dining (which allows Guests to relax in the privacy of their room while enjoying distinctive dining selections) will also be selling select gingerbread items that are currently be sold in the lobby Gingerbread House for a limited time.

A few notes to share:

I saw a report by a guest staying at The Grand, that according to a CM, the Tree is scheduled to go up on 11/19.

Also wanted to share this info posted by @Darth Mando in the CL Thread who’s staying at The Grand from the UK in July HERE.

"Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some minor aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through Summer 2024. This will include some minor work to the exterior of the Main Building and the lobby will also be undergoing some enhancements, but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa."

These photos were taken on Saturday 11/4 but the lifts were still in about the same positions when I left on Sunday, 11/12.

1700001266970.jpeg
1700001286928.jpeg
1700001309991.jpeg

This was taken on 11/9 and work was still continuing on the side of the building this past Sunday...
1700001425073.jpeg
1700001463438.jpeg
1700001489819.jpeg
Sod was installed to cover up the tracks from the lifts.

Hello from new DVC owners! (You're welcome to add us to this group owners list) I've been a lurker learning from many on this forum as well as absorbing information from YouTube personalities. We purchased 200 December points direct in October with the last promotion and took the Magical Beginnings rebate as well. We booked our welcome home trip for 1 week in a resort studio room at the end of April 2024. Wife and kids are big Mary Poppins fans so we're looking forward to all the special touches at VGF. We've visited Disney World numerous times since early 90's but have actually never stayed on property. Our most recent stay was a week at the Swan Reserve which was lovely. It cemented our desire to be in walking distance of Disney transportation & Epcot specifically for Flower and Garden festival. We were only thinking of a Boardwalk contract but decided to buy VGF direct then just add that on later.... Already have the bug :) :rolleyes1

New Private Dining Offerings Now Available at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Guests staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa should be aware that Private Dining introduced a new offering on November 8, 2023. Guests wishing to enjoy this service can now order breakfast for four (4) Guests for $95 plus tax and gratuity. Here is additional information:

The Grand Family Breakfast (serves four) - Scrambled Eggs, Mickey-shaped Waffles, Bacon, Sausage, Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole, Biscuits, and Fresh Fruit accompanied with Butter, Jam, Maple Syrup, Minute Maid Orange Juice, and your choice of Hot Beverage.

Private Dining (which allows Guests to relax in the privacy of their room while enjoying distinctive dining selections) will also be selling select gingerbread items that are currently be sold in the lobby Gingerbread House for a limited time.
Is there an online booking tool for this, or would we have to call the order in?

Cross posting from the Resort Decoration Thread

Tree was going up this morning around 4:30 am! There were a couple other pictures posted as well of the decoration process! Just waiting for an updated picture!!

1700490197607.png

Hello, I apologize as I’m sure this has been asked before. Is bell services only located in the main grand Floridian building or do either of the dvc buildings have their own? I was unable to get a full three nights in one building so I will be moving from BPK to VGF and wasn’t sure where to bring my luggage to be held on moving day. Thanks so much!

Hello, I apologize as I’m sure this has been asked before. Is bell services only located in the main grand Floridian building or do either of the dvc buildings have their own? I was unable to get a full three nights in one building so I will be moving from BPK to VGF and wasn’t sure where to bring my luggage to be held on moving day. Thanks so much!
The original VGF building has Bell Services during the day, but I’m not sure about storing luggage. BPK uses the Bell Services in the main GF building, so I’d plan on leaving it there. Bell Services in the original VGF building will probably transport it over there for you, though.

I would call and request a luggage pick up. You can even schedule that the evening before for a specific time next morning. When they pick it up, you tell them that you will be checking in at VGF. Since they would transport it to any other resort at WDW for you I can't see how they would not transport it to VGF within the one resort as well. Once you are in your room at VGF you just call for it to be brought up to your room. If the luggage goes to another resort they always tell us that it won't be available until a certain time in the afternoon (4 pm?). Not sure if that would be the case for you as well. Resort to resort transportation will not work however, if you have anything perishable that needs refrigeration. Then you might have to transport it yourself. But it might be different if it is just within the GF resort.

Towel cart question.

just Completed a stay at big pine key and will book same week next year at gfv. I’d like to try the deluxe studios but I love the big pine key towel carts as I do admit I love a fresh towel each day.

does the original dvc building with the deluxe studios also have towel carts in halls or is that unique to big pine key?

Towel cart question.

just Completed a stay at big pine key and will book same week next year at gfv. I’d like to try the deluxe studios but I love the big pine key towel carts as I do admit I love a fresh towel each day.

does the original dvc building with the deluxe studios also have towel carts in halls or is that unique to big pine key?
They were still there in Sept when I was there last. I can confirm for you tomorrow afternoon sometime 🙂

Towel cart question.

Now that it doesn't cost anything to get extra towels (it used to), I wouldn't be surprised if towel carts became standard equipment in all DVC hallways.

Towel cart question.

🤩 Ummm…lemme rub my eyes for dramatic effect. Did I read that correctly… “towel carts?”!
Now that it doesn't cost anything to get extra towels (it used to), I wouldn't be surprised if towel carts became standard equipment in all DVC hallways.
Can someone take a picture and post?

Its one of those, “why didn’t anyone think of that earlier?” moments!

I sure hope they make it standard, and while they’re at it, put out a linen, blanket, and pillow cart. 🙏🏼

🤩 Ummm…lemme rub my eyes for dramatic effect. Did I read that correctly… “towel carts?”!

Can someone take a picture and post?

Its one of those, “why didn’t anyone think of that earlier?” moments!

I sure hope they make it standard, and while they’re at it, put out a linen, blanket, and pillow cart. 🙏🏼
Yes! Out in the hallway. 🙂 Take a towel when you need one! I’m at WL tonight and move to VGF tomorrow! I’ll be happy to take a picture!

Please do post if they are in the original dvc gfv building. I left big pine Tuesday and they are still there. The towel carts have been in big pine since opening

it’s truly fantastic amenity. Self swap out used towels after a long day at the park.

I don’t know if it’s my imagination but the towels at gf seem thicker than other resorts

I’ll be booking at 11 months for next thanksgiving week and really would like to try the deluxe studios but those towel carts could keep me at big pine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter