*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Well, my friends. My initial thoughts about the resort studios have proved trued.

I do not like the set up. Having the microwave was a big deal and hoped that would be enough to overcome the other stuff..but the couch not facing the TV is silly.

While the room is bigger, the two beds open all the time make it feel smaller to me.

So, it’s back to my 1 bedrooms or two deluxe studios. We asked for but did not get connected rooms. We are next door to each other and here only one night.

Got my January nights changed but 1 bedrooms are gone for February so looks like I do all nights at RIV!
Are you using both beds? If not I wouldn’t expect many would prefer the setup of VGF2. I’m interested because I got stuck in pull out coach beds at BWV and HHI which were both fairly uncomfortable. I won’t be pleased, however, if I don’t get my request for two connecting rooms.

Last edited:
Well, my friends. My initial thoughts about the resort studios have proved trued.

I do not like the set up. Having the microwave was a big deal and hoped that would be enough to overcome the other stuff..but the couch not facing the TV is silly.

While the room is bigger, the two beds open all the time make it feel smaller to me.

So, it’s back to my 1 bedrooms or two deluxe studios. We asked for but did not get connected rooms. We are next door to each other and here only one night.

Got my January nights changed but 1 bedrooms are gone for February so looks like I do all nights at RIV!
This, and the lack of a table or desk is why I backed out of my plan to Buy 150 VGF direct - As someone who is studio only - having 200 of the available studios in this layout will create a feeding frenzy for the deluxe studios.

As a solo traveler - I like to eat in my room- And I don't eat in bed or on a sofa. And since we are kinda pushed to get up at the crack of dawn and get on MDE for 7am - a desk would be nice.

They could easily have made 50 of the studios in the usual DVC layout ( just freaking copy the Riveria layout) and I would be a direct owner and already have my points.

I would not be surprised to see that change happen in a future hard refurbishment.

Can you not order room service in DVC rooms?
Currently, only the GF offers room service.

Yes, VGF1/2 can do room service.

We were tempted one day while there last fall but found the menu quite limited. Then, too, your tray was set outside your room rather than brought in and table set as is typical for the GF. Perhaps that's now changed since covid precautions seem to be largely a thing of the past.

The resort side two queen rooms at GF have always had the couch on that side I think, ours is usually covered in bags and stuff. What does bother me about the room design of these new studios if it carries over to the rest of the rooms is that they moved the desk over to the closet/entrance area. We always use the chair and room service table under the desk to eat by the window and also be able to see the tv (my kids like that). So the new desk layout is very odd to me in the respect. Can you not order room service in DVC rooms?

Yes, room service is available. I realize that hotel rooms have this set up with the couch, but now with the way we relax in rooms and stuff, its not my cup of tea.

And my room does not have that long table when you walk in so no chairs either.

Wont be doing these again, which is sad, because I love the location of this compared to VGf1 because we use the courtyard pool.

Was hoping not to hear that. I think Disney miscalculated on VGF2, maybe they can adjust the layout somehow if the get enough feedback. We really love VGF1, fingers crossed.

This, and the lack of a table or desk is why I backed out of my plan to Buy 150 VGF direct - As someone who is studio only - having 200 of the available studios in this layout will create a feeding frenzy for the deluxe studios.

As a solo traveler - I like to eat in my room- And I don't eat in bed or on a sofa. And since we are kinda pushed to get up at the crack of dawn and get on MDE for 7am - a desk would be nice.

They could easily have made 50 of the studios in the usual DVC layout ( just freaking copy the Riveria layout) and I would be a direct owner and already have my points.

I would not be surprised to see that change happen in a future hard refurbishment.

They didn’t do that because this was a quick flip to get it for sale. But, I love my 1 bedrooms even solo so if I can’t get two deluxe studios, I will just get that.

Was hoping not to hear that. I think Disney miscalculated on VGF2, maybe they can adjust the layout somehow if the get enough feedback. We really love VGF1, fingers crossed.

The room I am in can’t be adjusted…I think it’s actually smaller than others because its a short entry way. I do think they missed the mark.

We just returned from a two night stay last week. (We did a super short stay for HS Moonlight Magic). We loved the room! December 2019 we stayed one night in the hotel section; this refurbishment might be primarily cosmetic but it is an improvement from the original rooms. It is lovely.

Since parallels are being made, I would say that if I am sleeping 4 or 5 in a studio I would take the resort studio layout hands down over the deluxe studios or the studios at Riviera or Polynesian. I had a standard view and probably one of the worst standard views of them all (2nd floor right over main door). In the future I would probably not worry about saving points and would get lake view. Just walking around the property it seems to me that would be the best way to guarantee a decent view from the balcony.

Entryway was plenty large and iI loved the large table to put backpacks etc. on. The bathroom was split with the sink separate. (So two locations for private people to change). The closet was big enough for a 13 year old girl to change her clothes in). More importantly the beds were comfortable. The couch/twin bed was a ton better than the pull down traditionally 5th sleeping surface (like in Riviera). My 15 year old happily slept on it (she flat out has refused to sleep on other 5th beds). I did not think the construction noise was bad; it was a lot worse at the pool.

I initially bought DVC in 2018 because as a family of 5 my options for rooms were limited. I bought for one bedrooms and potentially two bedrooms. One queen bed and a couch bed never appealed at all. Studios with five us even more than one night it is too much…however with VGF2 I definitely feel a family of 5 can feel comfortable and not cramped.

As far as the complaint of the couch not facing the television that does not bother me. It helps the room look a lot neater. And honestly I do not go on vacation or go to Disney to watch television.

I am happy I went as it made feel a lot better about buying the 150 points at VGF2 in March. (I bought 150 as I wanted more than one user year).

We just returned from a two night stay last week. (We did a super short stay for HS Moonlight Magic). We loved the room! December 2019 we stayed one night in the hotel section; this refurbishment might be primarily cosmetic but it is an improvement from the original rooms. It is lovely.

Since parallels are being made, I would say that if I am sleeping 4 or 5 in a studio I would take the resort studio layout hands down over the deluxe studios or the studios at Riviera or Polynesian. I had a standard view and probably one of the worst standard views of them all (2nd floor right over main door). In the future I would probably not worry about saving points and would get lake view. Just walking around the property it seems to me that would be the best way to guarantee a decent view from the balcony.

Entryway was plenty large and iI loved the large table to put backpacks etc. on. The bathroom was split with the sink separate. (So two locations for private people to change). The closet was big enough for a 13 year old girl to change her clothes in). More importantly the beds were comfortable. The couch/twin bed was a ton better than the pull down traditionally 5th sleeping surface (like in Riviera). My 15 year old happily slept on it (she flat out has refused to sleep on other 5th beds). I did not think the construction noise was bad; it was a lot worse at the pool.

I initially bought DVC in 2018 because as a family of 5 my options for rooms were limited. I bought for one bedrooms and potentially two bedrooms. One queen bed and a couch bed never appealed at all. Studios with five us even more than one night it is too much…however with VGF2 I definitely feel a family of 5 can feel comfortable and not cramped.

As far as the complaint of the couch not facing the television that does not bother me. It helps the room look a lot neater. And honestly I do not go on vacation or go to Disney to watch television.

I am happy I went as it made feel a lot better about buying the 150 points at VGF2 in March. (I bought 150 as I wanted more than one user year).

So glad you enjoyed the resort studios! I always liked staying in BPK when it was on the cash side and I think the updates look fantastic!

It’s reassuring to hear the beds are comfy. I would have honestly purchased DVC sooner if resort studios were a category or if deluxe studios had the queen murphy bed rather than the sleeper sofa and pull down under the TV. That just doesn’t work for adults. I think this will be helpful for prospective members since it’s an easy transition from a cash deluxe resort room.

I am relieved to hear the entryway table was convenient. This was the one change I was most apprehensive about. I know the rooms at GF are big and the new closet location won’t take up too much space, but I felt like I could possibly miss the desk. It will be nice to drop all of my stuff on the table rather than using the couch for that. :rotfl:

Just want to add the room numbers..9520 and 9522 did not have the large table area when you enter.

Also, small thing, but no paper towels! Never realized how important those are until you don’t have them.

Also we did have bottled water we bought which was nice to use for the coffee maker.

Just want to add the room numbers..9520 and 9522 did not have the large table area when you enter.

Also, small thing, but no paper towels! Never realized how important those are until you don’t have them.

Also we did have bottled water we bought which was nice to use for the coffee maker.
Did you try requesting paper towels?

You know it never even occurred to me that there would be no paper towels. I'm guessing there was no little yellow sponge and dish soap, either? I hope you can request those since they are likely covered by dues.

You know it never even occurred to me that there would be no paper towels. I'm guessing there was no little yellow sponge and dish soap, either? I hope you can request those since they are likely covered by dues.
There's no kitchenette in the resort studios, just a coffee pot and microwave - probably not any paper plates or dishes, just cups. So what need would there be for the little yellow sponge and dish soap? Probably the same reason for no paper towels - no kitchenette. Heaven forbid that you'd want to wash the coffee pot and dry it with something other than one of the bath towels!

There's no kitchenette in the resort studios, just a coffee pot and microwave - probably not any paper plates or dishes, just cups. So what need would there be for the little yellow sponge and dish soap? Probably the same reason for no paper towels - no kitchenette. Heaven forbid that you'd want to wash the coffee pot and dry it with something other than one of the bath towels!

They did have real mugs…two of them…and real glasses…4 of them.
The drawer also included some paper plates, bowls, and plastic wrapped silverware like the other studios.

But no other normal kitchenette items. Like dish soap and such because it doesn’t have one. The coffee pot is the single cup so they don’t need washing, but I dirtied a few wash cloths when I did indeed spill the coffee.

Not sure how to wash out the cups and mugs…??? Honestly, for anyone who is used to some things in the deluxe studio, it may take planning when going to these.

I am sure some will enjoy them but it was definitely a one and done for me.

It appears as though all of the 2br villas have now been refurbished. Is that correct? I just booked one for March and want to be sure we'll get a pull-down murphy in the living room, not a sofa bed! :)

Not sure how to wash out the cups and mugs…???
Never worried about washing any of them when we were non-DVC.

A quick rinse after use was good enough for us.

And if that didn't do it, that's what soap bars are for, rubbed around the inside edge, water added for some suds. Given a thorough rinse, works fine, IMO.

Never worried about washing any of them when we were non-DVC.

A quick rinse after use was good enough for us.

And if that didn't do it, that's what soap bars are for, rubbed around the inside edge, water added for some suds. Given a thorough rinse, works fine, IMO.

We normally drink a variety of drinks so washing happens. Never thought of bar soap but still, having the dish soap and sponge, plus paper towels is something one gets used to having after staying DVC.

Little things, but definitely something to plan for if staying here if one is used to a normal studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter