The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

I saw that the WDW MNSSHP starts in August.
Is there any chance of this party at DLR in August? We will be there 8/21-28 and I’m trying to figure out my park tickets (would be ok either way if it’s happening or not).
I doubt it. WDW always starts their parties much earlier than DL. DL's Halloween party usually starts in September after Labor day.

Well count me in. I'm not sure when I'll go I usually go at the mid to end of October but last year we went in September. We shall see once we know dates of parties.

Super excited for OBB, though I'm not shocked they didn't announce further details. IIRC, Disneyland never releases their details until early summer (late May/early June).

Super excited for OBB, though I'm not shocked they didn't announce further details. IIRC, Disneyland never releases their details until early summer (late May/early June).
In 2019, they released details in April, which is why many of us had hoped that perhaps they were moving in the direction of earlier announcements (pre covid), but alas:guilty:.

Hubby just posed an interesting question. Does Disney have King Candy as a villain at OBB? He’s not a hugely popular character but since we’re dressing up as Ralph and Vanelliope it would be fun if he was at the party.

Do the dates change that much from year to year? Aren't they also typically only Fri-Sun night?

Edit: nevermind, I see it's Tues, Thurs, Sun typically haha. Way off.

I'm excited to go again, I kind of wish they'd put it back in Disneyland but I understand why they don't. I'll for sure be going probably sometime in September.

Curious what everyone does on OBB night for dinner? Are there any dinner items at OBB we would not want to miss?

Curious what everyone does on OBB night for dinner? Are there any dinner items at OBB we would not want to miss?
On the previous OBB thread folks reccomended having a dinner reservation early.. like enter the park at the 3pm time and then eating before the party begins.

We are planning on a Flo's mobile order once in the park and getting our bellies full so we can use the party time for special snacks and doing all the party things!

My tentative plan is to get a Lamplight Lounge reservation for 3-4p when it'll be busiest with the mixing.

Looking back at last years' offerings it was pretty lackluster IMO in terms of filling foods that aren't sweets or churros lol. So unless something super amazing gets announced we'll go with the late lunch/early dinner and then eat all the snack foods the rest of the night.

My tentative plan is to get a Lamplight Lounge reservation for 3-4p when it'll be busiest with the mixing.

Looking back at last years' offerings it was pretty lackluster IMO in terms of filling foods that aren't sweets or churros lol. So unless something super amazing gets announced we'll go with the late lunch/early dinner and then eat all the snack foods the rest of the night.
I was looking back at last year's food offerings and thought the same thing about the sweets. 🤣 I think we'll probably do like you are planning and grab an early reservations somewhere.

I was looking back at last year's food offerings and thought the same thing about the sweets. 🤣 I think we'll probably do like you are planning and grab an early reservations somewhere.
Yeah highly encouraged to get a meal in before the party starts!

Also last year many people commented how super busy that "mix-in" time is before the party starts. I think having a meal is a good use of the time. We have 2 other full days at DCA so we won't be ride focused during OBB- we will be focused on the unique party things. I look forward to learning how folks use that mix in time. I am thinking a meal and some pictures in our costumes in various places before it gets dark.

Yeah highly encouraged to get a meal in before the party starts!

Also last year many people commented how super busy that "mix-in" time is before the party starts. I think having a meal is a good use of the time. We have 2 other full days at DCA so we won't be ride focused during OBB- we will be focused on the unique party things. I look forward to learning how folks use that mix in time. I am thinking a meal and some pictures in our costumes in various places before it gets dark.
Oh! That's a good idea to go take advantage of photopass areas.

Another odd and random question - which characters are around the party? (Parade, shows, photos, anywhere).

Each night my son (who is crazy for Halloween/monsters) and I are watching a Disney cartoon to get to know all the characters for the party. Besides Ursula, Cruella, The Queen, Maleficent and the Nightmare Before Christmas gang, what other cartoons should we watch?

** Just showed him sleepy hallow cartoon and he loved it. 🤣 He loves the headless horseman at least, the rest of the cartoon he said was silly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter