• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Palm with kids?

smiths02

DIS Veteran
My DH is asking about a steak dinner while we visit Universal. For a bit of background, we have taken our children to Yachtsman in 2015 and 2016. They behaved well, and nobody called attention to us.

So we are now venturing to Universal, and I had kind of not worried about a fancy dinner until DH asked about eating a steak dinner at Universal.

The Palm does have a kids menu, but would we feel uncomfortable with our kids (12, 6, and 6)?
If it made any difference, we would do early on a weeknight

If The Palm is not a good option...is there anywhere family friendly where we can get a decent steak (doesn't have to be fine dining, but maybe a step above Longhorn or Outback)?

The Palm is absolutely fine for kids...…

Especially if you`re going early. I have to say we don't see many little kids there, never seen a baby there for example, but the ages of your kids, absolutely fine...…

Hope you enjoy it......it`s our favourite onsite restaurant.....and favourite steak house in Orlando along with Ocean Prime...…..:thumbsup2

Was just there in December and noted several well-behaved children there. Not unusual at all! Absolutely try it out, best steak on property.

The Palm is fantastic. It is a fancy grown-up place for dinner, but if your kids can handle that, they'll be fine. Eating early on a weekday should make things easier as well.

We would take our 2 boys out to nice meals all the time. It was a time to pull them away from their phones and talk about what is happening, especially after a fun day at the parks (lots to talk about). A way to introduce them to new foods. We made sure to teach them behavior and manners. And being that we are both in the hospitality industry and did our time in restaurants, a time to teach them how a restaurant, especially a up-scale restaurant works with the staffing and team work.

You know your children best, if you think that they would do well is a situation such as that then go for it! But NEVER feel uncomfortable about your kids.

The Palm is fantastic. It is a fancy grown-up place for dinner, but if your kids can handle that, they'll be fine. Eating early on a weekday should make things easier as well.

We would take our 2 boys out to nice meals all the time. It was a time to pull them away from their phones and talk about what is happening, especially after a fun day at the parks (lots to talk about). A way to introduce them to new foods. We made sure to teach them behavior and manners. And being that we are both in the hospitality industry and did our time in restaurants, a time to teach them how a restaurant, especially a up-scale restaurant works with the staffing and team work.

You know your children best, if you think that they would do well is a situation such as that then go for it! But NEVER feel uncomfortable about your kids.

I think my mind is more at ease. Obviously if our kids act up, we would expect people to be annoyed (and we would remove the child from the situation). I was concerned that people might be annoyed or alarmed by the mere presence of children.

At Disney with Yachtsman, we found that having it be a relaxed day in general (so everyone was not over stimulated), earlier dining time, and "fancy" clothes helped our kids behave well. For instance, my 6 year old son goes around the house shirtless constantly (even in winter), but he insisted that his Christmas outfit needed to be a full blown suit with tie.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter