• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The park today - 6-18-17

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Attendance was relatively light (see pic below). I guess most dad's wanted to do anything other than DL for their special day ;-).

Here's a first for me. Over the course of perhaps 100+ visits to DL, I've never been on the teacups. Not once. Ever. I was always afraid they'd make me dizzy. But I was talking with a friend at the park around 1:30 today. He explained that, if I don't spin the cup, I'd likely not get very dizzy. So I threw caution to the wind and got in line (there was less than a five-minute wait). All went well and I emerged largely unscathed. There was perhaps a touch of dizziness but it passed in no time. Woo hoo! Now there are zero rides left on my DL to-do list ;-).

Park.JPG

Congratulations. I have not been able to overcome my fear of a motion sickness disaster on the Tea cups. I will have to give it a try next visit.
Looks like a beautiful day at the park.

Congratulations. I have not been able to overcome my fear of a motion sickness disaster on the Tea cups. I will have to give it a try next visit.
Looks like a beautiful day at the park.

By all means -- give it a try. Not nearly as bad as I'd feared.

Crowds were very nice yesterday and same with last Saturday. This has become a more common occurrence on Saturdays during the summer time with the AP blackouts and now with the added tiered pricing.

I was there all day yesterday (8am to 11pm) with my friend from out of town and it was not too bad at all. I was worried with it being a Sunday it would be packed, but with a good strategy we did not wait more than 10 minutes for anything except Radiator Springs single rider at about 20 minutes.

I have always avoided this teacups because I hate rides that spin. I went on the lady bug ride in Bugs Land in DCA and hated it! Never again! But on our last visit I was with my 2 year old alone and he wanted to ride teacups so I decided to risk it and I'm so glad it did. I didn't just survive it, I LOVED it! We went on twice more that day. It didn't make me dizzy at all (I didn't spin our cup). So glad I gave it a try!

I was watching ride times all day yesterday. We'll be in Disneyland next Sunday and I'm hoping crowd levels are similar. Thanks for posting!

I hate to give you some bad news, but Sunday (6/25) may be crowded. I was reading another thread and it mentioned how Wed - Sat this week is a SoCal AP blockout, then 25-29 it's open, then blocked out the rest of summer.

Great! I convinced my friend after 6 yrs of Disney trips to do the cups this year.. telling her the same thing as your friend told you... she also picked a spot on my head to look at which helped her... she enjoyed it so much she did it again..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter