• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Picky Eaters Return to the World 7/8-7/15 (Added Boma & WE)

How could I have forgotten this one???? On our first evening we were too full from Beaches ‘n Crème so we waited until after Illuminations and then went back for Ice Cream.

Same great waitstaff and same spot at the counter!

My son had – vanilla milkshake and a chocolate chip cookie (both were great)

My mom and I shared – No Way Jose – this is a peanut butter lovers dream come true. They were out of the goblets so it was made up on a plate which made sharing much easier. My mom and I highly enjoyed this sundae. However the chocolate ice cream definitely needed the peanut butter sauce as even for this chocolate lover it was too chocolate. I would get this again hands down!

disneysailor said:
Thanks so much for the review. I'm really disappointed to hear about the long wait. We have an ADR for 11:30. I was hoping to have lunch and do a few attractions before heading back for a nice afternoon break. Sounds like that might not work out so well. Glad you enjoyed your food though! LeCellier does sound like a great place to go to get out of that hot Florida sun!! :sunny:

Personally I'd keep the ADR at 11:30 but plan to be at the park for opening and get in the attractions then. Epcot is a horribly hot place to be in the afternoons. I would eat and then leave for your break and come back in the evening.

This is a return to a restaurant that my family has fallen in love with. We enjoy the atmosphere, the food, and of course the air conditioning in July :teeth:

Now if you like ((sticky crap in a bowl)) head on over to Alfredo’s where you’ll be met with horrible food, tight quarters, and rude waiters. Then come back and report so I can say – I told you so – na not really but seriously stay away stay far away from Alfredo’s :moped:

Okay back to Mama’s….

We had an ADR scheduled so we were quickly seated close to our ADR time. We have by the way been able to do a walk up here in previous years but only for our small group of 3 – larger groups were turned away.

There has been a change in the bread that you receive prior to the meal. In previous years liquid butter was provided along with the green stuff which we won’t touch. We ended up asking for butter and it was eventually brought out in very hard patties that had Mickey head stamped on them. Very cute but hard to spread and eat.

Son ordered the child’s pepperoni pizza (once again asked for a received a child’s menu) which he loves so much that last year he asked for the recipe. I’ve tried it and I have to admit for Disney pizza it’s not that bad and if you’ve ever had Disney pizza that’s saying something.

Mom and I split an entrée again as we do in nearly every Disney sit down restaurant otherwise the food is just a waste. We ordered the chicken parmesan and it was split nicely onto two plates so we had the nice presentation as well. With the bread this makes for a nice meal as long as you are not heavy eaters. I will say that the portions at Mama’s are smaller than most Disney restaurants so if you are hungry I wouldn’t do the split here.

Only one negative during this meal, our waitress was pretty much nonexistent. My son originally ordered water but then decided on a Sprite and we had to eventually flag down a separate waitress to have it delivered. She also never brought the check as we sat waiting for quite sometime and this literally drives me nuts. We again had to flag down a separate waitress because we wanted to get over to the late showing of Fantasmic. Normally we would have just waited but the restaurant just wasn’t that busy. One “gentleman” had been purchasing large quantities of alcohol a couple tables away so if that had anything to do with the lack of proper service to our table I’m not certain. We are nice tippers on most occasions so she really missed the boat on this one.

Overall – ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo – service was just not up to par and put a negative note on the meal.

I had been looking forward to this breakfast ever since a Diser posted about those Macadamia nut pancakes. Heck who am I trying to kid I’d been dreaming about them since then. My 3rd grade teacher had a Hawaii-fest after she returned from a trip which began my love of those tiny little rich nuts :love:

Can you guess what I ordered???? Nope not eggs did you not read what I just wrote??? :lmao: Of course I ordered the Macadamia nut pancakes and omg where they good. Not exactly what I was expecting as the pancakes were actually plain and the nuts were in a spread they provided with them. I asked for the pineapple on the side and it was a wonderful breakfast.

Son ordered the Mickey pancakes from the kids menu (once again provided with no problem). It was a cut presentation of one large and two small pancakes with fruit and candies to make up the face. Not what I expected but cute all the same and he ate it all without complaint so that was major.

Mom ordered the Tonga Toast based on the Dis recommendation. This is where breakfast went wrong. We didn’t realize the whole thing was rolled in sugar and since mom has to watch her sugar intake it wasn’t good for her. We ended up sharing some of each of our breakfast as it was really too rich for either of us to eat.

Service was fabulous as the waiter’s name was the same as my son. They both got a kick out of that and as the restaurant was not busy we had a fabulous time. I think Kona for breakfast is overlooked due to the character one next door at O’hana. It is really a gem!

Average score - ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thank you for the great reports. I like your style!! ;)

Thanks for the posts and the encouragement :goodvibes

The next restaurant I will review is…..

Wendy’s – okay laugh all you like but when you are looking at paying $10 for a tiny pizza out at Kennedy Space Center or heading on down the road and grabbing a quick meal for all 3 of us for about the same – in my book KSC looses big time. Also I really felt like this place was a major rip off and wanted to give no more of my hard earned dollars to it.

Average Score – KSC ((zzub)) and Wendy’s well it doesn’t deserve a Mickey but it is great on the wallet :lmao:

Caseys Corner – Okay let me first start out by saying that this was an unplanned restaurant (if you can call it that). We were in desperate need of some Disney magic (see my trip report for details)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1168193&page=1&pp=15

So we headed over to the MK. After trying in vane to get an ADR for anywhere near or in the MK we decided to chance a walkup but with the crowds it was not happening. My son needed something to eat and I remembered the corn dog nuggets from a post on this board so I thought what the heck. The smell in the place did both mom and me in so I only ordered the nuggets and fries for my son. He ate a few but they give you so many that it could have easily been shared (had they not been horrible tasting – definitely not an Oscar Meyer).

Overall score – ((blech)) never again.

Aloha Isle – Dole Whip Float – This made the evening bearable. It was truly love in a cup for me and even my son gave it a try though he wasn’t real impressed (plain vanilla kid). I’ve tried to recreate these at home but haven’t really come close to the smooth cool taste of this wonderful treat.

Overall score -::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Minnie said:
How could I have forgotten this one???? On our first evening we were too full from Beaches ‘n Crème so we waited until after Illuminations and then went back for Ice Cream.

Same great waitstaff and same spot at the counter!

My son had – vanilla milkshake and a chocolate chip cookie (both were great)

My mom and I shared – No Way Jose – this is a peanut butter lovers dream come true. They were out of the goblets so it was made up on a plate which made sharing much easier. My mom and I highly enjoyed this sundae. However the chocolate ice cream definitely needed the peanut butter sauce as even for this chocolate lover it was too chocolate. I would get this again hands down!

How could you forget about ice cream? :scared1: :lmao:

Thanks for your reviews.

I’ve gotten behind on the restaurant reviews of our trip compared to my regular trip report so I’m here to catch up.

Boma’s Breakfast Buffet:
This delectable meal is at the AKL and it is definitely worth the price even though it’s not a character meal. It is the most extensive buffet of any breakfast buffets that we have been to as of yet.

We are not adventurous eaters but we found plenty of items to nearly have to be rolled on the way out the door. The mini pastry selection was wonderful and I couldn’t get enough of the yogurt mixture on the cold buffet. There was also made to order omelets were everything from African foods to regular items was available. This buffet nearly equaled the Crystal Palace, which is my favorite bar none.

One negative I do need to mention. The CM’s here were not the friendliest we have ever dealt with. We had one of the earliest ADR’s available and there was tons of room in the dining room with CM’s lined up that basically ignored us. I have no idea why we had to wait but were eventually seated. The manager walked by and told the CM’s to smile, which I thought was a little odd out in the middle like they were. Oh well we still enjoyed our self.

Score: – 4 Mickeys - the rude CM’s just took it down a notch.

Wolfgang Express:

This is one that I wouldn’t have tried except for the rave reviews here on the Dis. I really liked that the menu is available outside which allowed us to make our decision and the one go in and order.

Okay don’t judge us to harshly as I mentioned we are the “picky eaters.”

We ended up and ordered 2 children’s pizzas. We wanted a desert of some sort so we didn’t want to get stuffed and the regular pizzas had a bunch of stuff that we weren’t interested in. I really wanted to also get a crème bruelle but for the price the serving was awful skimpy so I passed.

This wasn’t the most filling meal and we probably should have ordered a 3rd but live and learn. Besides this left us room to snack at Cirque later on that evening.

Score: 2 Mickeys – It was okay but I’ve yet to find good pizza in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter