• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Picky Eaters Return to the World 7/8-7/15 (Added Boma & WE)

Minnie

DIS Veteran
I wrote a review for our Mother’s Day weekend trip in hopes that those with palates that run the more plain side of the spectrum would find some reassurances that there are wonderful places in the “World” to eat and that there are certain places we suggest well steering clear of.

I’m writing this review for the same and also because I have horrible trip is over depression that just won’t let go….

I’ll rate each location on theme, service, and quality. From one ::MickeyMo at the lowest to 5 ::MickeyMo for the highest.

First up – Beaches ‘n Crème

This is a jewel for anyone that enjoys the simpler foods of life. Personally I’d take a good cheeseburger over roasted quail covered in lalala sauce any day of the week so this lovely sit down fits the bill quite nicely. It was also located at our resort so that was a major plus.

When we arrived it was near dinner service so they were quite busy. They offered us a seat at the counter though and we accepted. Great choice since the wait staff was a lot of fun and we got to see them make not 1, not 2, but 3 Kitchen Sinks. All I can say is the wait staff in this location earns their pay!

My son is 12 but eats like a bird so he must always eats off the children’s menu and we’ve yet to have an issue with it. He ordered the mini cheeseburgers (plain) with fries and polished it off which is amazing for him. My mom and I choose to follow a Dis tip and ordered the double cheeseburger to split with fries. The waitress said this was a great idea and had them plate it separately for us with extra fries. Now this was a cheeseburger – well done yet juicy just like homemade without the work!

Negatives – space is a premium here, it is very noisy, and the wait can be long.

Average Score ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Next up - Sunshine Season

Paitently waiting for more. I have a house full of picky eaters so any information will be helpful. I have often wondered if they let you order steaks without all the fancy sauces. Can you subtitute mashed potatoes for FF or baked potatoes. Are they accomadating and give you a couple options? :confused3

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Bam99 said:
Paitently waiting for more. I have a house full of picky eaters so any information will be helpful. I have often wondered if they let you order steaks without all the fancy sauces. Can you subtitute mashed potatoes for FF or baked potatoes. Are they accomadating and give you a couple options? :confused3

I am supposed to be working on an assignment for my MBA class but I'm taking a well needed "brain break" to surf the Dis and came across your comments.

I won't have time to post my next review until later in the day but I wanted to answer your questions.

Most if not all restaurants are understanding about those that prefer to have their food without the "slop on top" :rotfl:

For example we went to LeCellier and was able to easily ordered our entree plain it wasn't a problem at all. Sure there are certain items that cannot be ordered plain as they are cooked together but in most cases this is not true.

As for subsitition of potatoes and veggies it all depends on what the restaurant has available. If you go to a table service versus counter service you will find more flexibility and availability. Some times you may have to pay an up charge to do this but in many cases they will make the substition.

My advise is to carefully look over the allearsnet.com menu for the restaurants you are interested in. Then nicely ask your waitstaff at the restaurant about making substitions. I really do not anticipate a problem as my family are extremely picky eaters and have never had a problem with this aspect.

Thank you everyone for your comments!!!!!

I will try to get my next review up later in the day. Please feel free to ask questions and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Have a WDW day! :wizard:

Time for another “brain break” as I await some peer review so I had time to sneak in this next post.

Sunshine Seasons

I have only stopped for breakfast but I do know that they have many options for lunch though the area is extremely busy. However it is the perfect place to wait during for your Soaring fastpasses to become valid while grabbing a quick breakfast (as in our case) or a snack.

This is basically a mini review because – let’s be honest just how tough is it to screw up pastries???? And does anyone really believe that the pastries at any location in WDW is any different from any other????

Okie dokie for those that do…..

Mom – Cheese Danish and milk – moist, tasty and fast.

Son – Chocolate Chip Muffin and milk – on one of his bird eating moments so I gave it a try and to be honest I thought it was quite dry. I have had much better. Also very loaded in chocolate chips, which I thought was overkill.

Me – Cheese Danish and diet coke – moist, tasty, and caffeine – breakfast of champions!

This was the perfect breakfast to get us through the rest of the morning without being too heavy in the heat and had us ready for our lunch ADR at Le Cellier, which I will be reviewing next time.

Average scale - ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Love the reviews. I think we may try Seasons for a quick breakfast, sounds like a good idea!

Minnie said:
Personally I’d take a good cheeseburger over roasted quail covered in lalala sauce any day of the week

:rotfl: :rotfl: I loved this expression! hope the tag fairy sees it too!!!!

Thanks for the honest reviews !!!!!

Minnie, Thanks for the information...I have been stressing over the picky eaters in my family for somtime now. Can't wait to read more... :thumbsup2

First - Thank you to all the have posted that your reading my report. I hope it helps those of you with picky eaters feel more comfortable :thumbsup2

Le Cellier

After a horrid lunch in May at Alfredo’s we learned our lesson about trying new places. Old favorites are sometimes the best way to go and besides we’d pass on the “chocolate moose” last time and wouldn’t be doing so this time.

The quick breakfast at Sunshine Seasons was a great prep for this lengthier and much heavier meal.

Our ADR was at 12pm and we were quickly seated and the dark atmosphere with the air conditioning on high was just about perfect for this warm July day. We asked and received a child’s menu for my son even though he is 12.

One interesting comment from our waitress after we had answered "yes" to the question of had we been there before was, "so you know the food is worth the wait." Odd comment and a premonition of what was to come :rolleyes:

We started with the breads and drinks and as always the pretzel bread was my favorite while my mom enjoyed the sourdough. Surprisingly my son the bread king was uninterested in the breadsticks.

My son ordered – children’s chicken strips and fries
My mom and I shared – French dip (plain)/fries/mixed green salad

The chicken strips on the children’s portion by the way are huge. He only ate a couple along with a handful of fries so an adult with a lighter appetite could have easily made this a meal or shared with a child.

The French dip as always was wonderful though I will caution the extremely picky eaters of the bunch that there are small slivers of onion mixed in with the meat but they are easy to pick out if you don’t mind the slight flavor. There are enough fries to be shared by multiple people so I would suggest only one person order the fries and the others pick a different side to enjoy.

The salad was nicely presented (the vinaigrette dressing was out of this world) and really would have been plenty on it’s own for a light eater. If we return my mom and I have already decided that this appetizer salad along with the breadsticks would make a wonderful light lunch.

To top of this meal my son ordered the “chocolate moose” for me :teeth: . This really reminded me of the zebra domes without the coffee flavor due to the texture. Very rich and plenty to share and my son enjoyed the cookie ears. This is a great bargain in my mind and we really enjoyed it. Here is a picture of the “moose.”

((Insert later)).

Okay slight rant about a “wonderful lady” in Le Cellier that day. The words of “I’m sorry sweetie I’d take you in the men’s if I could" – too her little girl and other words simply to gross to right on a restaurant review was unbelievable. She was obnoxious to the rest of the patrons in the restroom and then later when an obvious accident occurred she ran through the restaurant holding the soiled clothes in her hand – yuck use your diaper bag please!!! Now before I get flamed I’ve been there with a small child being potty trained but this behavior was beyond believable even for a neighborhood Wal-Mart let alone for a nice sit down restaurant. Okay rant over but sheesh….

Overall this was a great meal and one that I'd do again in a heartbeat. One caveat though if you are in a hurry this is not the place to go. It took nearly an hour to receive our entrees so by the time we had dessert the meal was nearly 2 hours long which can take a bite out of a day and be difficult for small children.

Average scale - ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo
(would have been 5 except for the wait)

HaleyB said:
Love the reviews. I think we may try Seasons for a quick breakfast, sounds like a good idea!

What a sweetie! Thank you so much for reading and posting!

Of the options inside Epcot for a grab and go breakfast I'd say Seasons is the best bet. Nothing incredible but good and quick.

Thanks so much for the review. I'm really disappointed to hear about the long wait. We have an ADR for 11:30. I was hoping to have lunch and do a few attractions before heading back for a nice afternoon break. Sounds like that might not work out so well. Glad you enjoyed your food though! LeCellier does sound like a great place to go to get out of that hot Florida sun!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter