The Polynesian Compendium TR (8/16 - 8/19/15)

We were at the Polynesian the same time (Aug 16-20). When we arrived at 11:30am on Aug 16 our room was not ready. We got a text a little after 3:00pm with our room number - Fiji 3317.

Off to read your reports!

P.S. I'm a Taurus too!

Last edited:
Captain Cook's - sorry your burger was bad. Blech. We didn't have any burgers from there this trip - we ate the adult grilled cheese instead. YUM!

Can I tell you a secret? I don't like Dole Whip. Shhhhh!
My DD & I shared one this trip and she said it was like eating sour cream. I had to agree with her. It was very creamy but too sour. We were going to do the pineapple/vanilla swirl which I think might be better? I don't know. We'll have to try that next time.

We were at Epcot on August 17 too. Yes, it was H-O-T! So much sweat. We were in our room at the Poly when the rain hit that afternoon too.

P1090926 (640x471).jpg

Captain Cook's - sorry your burger was bad. Blech. We didn't have any burgers from there this trip - we ate the adult grilled cheese instead. YUM!

Can I tell you a secret? I don't like Dole Whip. Shhhhh!
My DD & I shared one this trip and she said it was like eating sour cream. I had to agree with her. It was very creamy but too sour. We were going to do the pineapple/vanilla swirl which I think might be better? I don't know. We'll have to try that next time.

We were at Epcot on August 17 too. Yes, it was H-O-T! So much sweat. We were in our room at the Poly when the rain hit that afternoon too.

View attachment 120432
I like your view MUCH better than mine! The Pineapple/Vanilla swirl is the way to go. The vanilla really adds an element to blunt some of the tartness. If you aren't a fan of the Dole Whip sour, you may not like the Citrus Swirl at MK. It is very sour, even when mixed with vanilla. I like the sour of that one, but the pineapple/vanilla was much more balanced. If you get to try it on the next trip, I'd be interested to see if you enjoy it.

We have always wanted to stay at the Poly but just cant get over the size of that tiny pool for the whole resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter