The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a poster on WDWMagic, Chapek has not been thrilled with SWGE costs and is asking for cuts to be made within the land (not the attractions).

But if he makes cuts and Disneyland doesn't, wouldn't that really make things awkward? People would be slamming the DHS version if it is not up to the same level as Disneyland. Don't get me wrong, it would still be super crazy at DHS, but the die hard fans would rip DHS version to shreds if there were things being handled better at Disneyland.

But if he makes cuts and Disneyland doesn't, wouldn't that really make things awkward? People would be slamming the DHS version if it is not up to the same level as Disneyland. Don't get me wrong, it would still be super crazy at DHS, but the die hard fans would rip DHS version to shreds if there were things being handled better at Disneyland.
I am assuming this would be for both versions. Chapek doesn't just oversee WDW projects he oversees Parks and Resorts worldwide.

Chapek doesn't just oversee WDW projects he oversees Parks and Resorts worldwide

oooohhhh. my bad. I didn't realize that. So it would good to guess that if cuts were made, it would be unilaterally at both parks. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Thats the difference between creative type positions and executive bean counter type positions. Thankfully the rides seem to be safe. I am not sure there are a lot of substantial things they could cut anyways this far into construction. Things that could be cut though are entertainment and roaming characters.
... and the interactive bioluminescent plants and walkways... Oh wait. That was the other land where they dialed back some of the expected features.

... and the interactive bioluminescent plants and walkways... Oh wait. That was the other land where they dialed back some of the expected features.

I've never been to Pandora at night. Was that not actually included? I remember it being touted quite a bit.

I've never been to Pandora at night. Was that not actually included? I remember it being touted quite a bit.
No interactive lighted pathways, just reflective paint that lost its luster a bit since they opened. There are a couple interactive plants, but nothing like they had planned. It is a cool land, but it would've been better without the cuts.

Probably makes more sense for a show than just random walk around characters - though would be cool if there was a "show" that sort of took place in the streets / alleys of the land ... sort of like they used to have a wild west showdown type show in Frontierland

also, the patent did not mention if they would go "pwew pwew" or not ;)
I am sorta hoping SWGE to having roaming characters like the Renaissance Faire I've gone to (Bristol Ren Faire in Wisconsin) where the "cast" wanders around all day and have impromptu shows with each other (maybe a disagreement between a good guy and bad guy) and the guests just circle them and watch for a bit. That cast has an ongoing storyline during the day and sometimes have a scheduled and scripted "show" on one of the stages halfway during the day to progress the "plot of the day".

Though I just don't know if that would work in such a crowded place like WDW. An open-air Ren Faire has a lot more room for crowds to walk through.

I am sorta hoping SWGE to having roaming characters like the Renaissance Faire I've gone to (Bristol Ren Faire in Wisconsin) where the "cast" wanders around all day and have impromptu shows with each other (maybe a disagreement between a good guy and bad guy) and the guests just circle them and watch for a bit. That cast has an ongoing storyline during the day and sometimes have a scheduled and scripted "show" on one of the stages halfway during the day to progress the "plot of the day".

Though I just don't know if that would work in such a crowded place like WDW. An open-air Ren Faire has a lot more room for crowds to walk through.

It would only require the same commitment as the current Street performers in Studios and would really work to sell the whole place. I can't imagine them not doing this, especially since they have something very similar in place in the park already and because they have something similar in Pandora and the Supers walking around Tomorrowland right now.

Asking again .. any news or rumors on the WDW Railway closing in Nov/Dec?

I have been looking for a "The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains" tour for November at my 180 days and now we are almost at 4 months and I still don't see any scheduled date for that tour beyond Oct. 31 (despite all other tours (like Backstage Magic, Keys to the Kingdom, etc.) having scheduled dates in November AND December).

I've called, but the generic cast member booking tours doesn't have any additional information beyond what the website lists ("No tours available").
Any other number I could call to find out when/if that tour would be scheduled for.

I still worry this could mean the Railroad is being anticipated to shut down for the start of Tron construction or being refurbed during that time. Not a big deal, but I was hoping to treat my railfan dad to this tour for a birthday present and just looking to get it scheduled sooner than later to help lock down my plans and my MK day.

Internal calendar shows downtime from 10/31 to 12/2. Not nearly long enough to be considered related to TRON, imo
Oh no! Bummer! :sad1:

Seems an odd time for a refurb (aren't most of those done in Jan/Feb?), but then again the train was down during my last fall trip (Oct. 2014).

Well, that does look like the case - I see tour schedule times on December 2 and beyond. :(

I guess this is definitely a solid rumor. I guess the reasoning will come out soon.

Now I have to figure out a replacement birthday present for my dad. Even though he is getting up there in age and lives far away (Wisconsin), I guess I will have to convince him to come back some other time to do that tour. At least now the two of us don't have to ditch the rest of the family for the morning of our MK day (my kids are too young to do the trip).

Asking again .. any news or rumors on the WDW Railway closing in Nov/Dec?

I have been looking for a "The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains" tour for November at my 180 days and now we are almost at 4 months and I still don't see any scheduled date for that tour beyond Oct. 31 (despite all other tours (like Backstage Magic, Keys to the Kingdom, etc.) having scheduled dates in November AND December).

I've called, but the generic cast member booking tours doesn't have any additional information beyond what the website lists ("No tours available").
Any other number I could call to find out when/if that tour would be scheduled for.

I still worry this could mean the Railroad is being anticipated to shut down for the start of Tron construction or being refurbed during that time. Not a big deal, but I was hoping to treat my railfan dad to this tour for a birthday present and just looking to get it scheduled sooner than later to help lock down my plans and my MK day.

Internal calendar shows downtime from 10/31 to 12/2. Not nearly long enough to be considered related to TRON, imo
We will be there mid October....I am glad the train still looks to be opened then my DS who is 4 would be devastated if the train was not running. Yesterday he built a layout of the train that goes around Disney!

We will be there mid October....I am glad the train still looks to be opened then my DS who is 4 would be devastated if the train was not running. Yesterday he built a layout of the train that goes around Disney!
That's awesome!

My dad is pretty bummed (as am I). Not only does he like trains, but he and my mother were planning on using it as an afternoon break (just sit on the train for a few rotations and/or use it for transport to a different part of the park).

That's awesome!

My dad is pretty bummed (as am I). Not only does he like trains, but he and my mother were planning on using it as an afternoon break (just sit on the train for a few rotations and/or use it for transport to a different part of the park).

If you do that in Disneyland Paris they get really mad at you. We were scolded for not getting off after one time around (we wanted to see the whole circle, then decided to keep going to the Main Street station because it was pouring rain and we wanted to avoid walking all that way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter