The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Israel would get way too political for Disney to touch, just my opinion though
I can't find the source right now, but I know Israel was originally discussed not long after the WS was built. Morocco and France put up a huge argument against it, to the point where Morocco threatened to pull whatever funding/contractual obligations they had if Israel was built. I'm not sure what those contracts entail anymore, but I'm guessing Morocco, and most likely France, would still be against the idea. A shame, because there really is a lot you could do with it and I have to believe it would be a fairly big draw. I think Brazil or Peru, as discussed above, at least one needs to be included. Another African nation and another Asian nation, especially India, would seem to be a winner as well. I'm not real keen on any more European nations, though, despite the political climate, it is hard to ignore Russia. I get that when EPCOT was built the Cold War was in full effect, and we still struggle mightily with Russian relations, but when it boils down to instrumental countries in the current world order, the biggest missing link in the WS is Russia.

I think Israel would get way too political for Disney to touch, just my opinion though
That seems nutty to me, sorry! That a country would be too political...

Not saying you're WRONG, just that as my Grandmother would have said "pretty sad state of affairs" if that's true.

I can't find the source right now, but I know Israel was originally discussed not long after the WS was built. Morocco and France put up a huge argument against it, to the point where Morocco threatened to pull whatever funding/contractual obligations they had if Israel was built.
Crazy to me, if true. Good grief.

I know it would get overly political, but I would love to see a mesh of the big three world religions in one pavilion
Now THAT would legitimately be too political!! Wading overtly into RELIGION?? Can't ever see that happening. And honestly, JMHO, but I don't think we need a theme park interpreting major religions for us... ... :sad2:

Last edited:
Crazy to me, if true. Good grief.
This isn't the source I was referring to, but Israel actually had a signed agreement that Disney pulled the plug on. This does not mention pressure from Morocco and France, I can't seem to find where that came from in my brief minutes of searching, so I'll just retract that until and unless I can find it. But clearly, Israel was well along during Phase I before it got yanked.

http://progresscityusa.com/2010/10/26/neverworlds-the-israel-agreement/

I'm betting on Brazil being one of the new pavilions. Considering how many Brazilians visit, it wouldn't surprise me. And currently there isn't a South American country represented anywhere on property that I know of.

I'm betting on Brazil being one of the new pavilions. Considering how many Brazilians visit, it wouldn't surprise me. And currently there isn't a South American country represented anywhere on property that I know of.
That's my thought as well.

Now THAT would legitimately be too political!! Wading overtly into RELIGION?? Can't ever see that happening. And honestly, JMHO, but I don't think we need a theme park interpreting major religions for us... ... :sad2:

I don't need necessarily man interpreting or supporting any religion over others, but I would like to see respect to Islam, Judaism, and Christianity in an Israel pavilion in term she of architecture and the culture variety

I don't need necessarily man interpreting or supporting any religion over others, but I would like to see respect to Islam, Judaism, and Christianity in an Israel pavilion in term she of architecture and the culture variety
Yeah I mean to be honest you can't really talk about that country and its culture without touching on all the religions that have been influenced by it. That's their culture. Also means we'll never see it built unfortunately

I can't find the source right now, but I know Israel was originally discussed not long after the WS was built. Morocco and France put up a huge argument against it, to the point where Morocco threatened to pull whatever funding/contractual obligations they had if Israel was built. I'm not sure what those contracts entail anymore, but I'm guessing Morocco, and most likely France, would still be against the idea. A shame, because there really is a lot you could do with it and I have to believe it would be a fairly big draw. I think Brazil or Peru, as discussed above, at least one needs to be included. Another African nation and another Asian nation, especially India, would seem to be a winner as well. I'm not real keen on any more European nations, though, despite the political climate, it is hard to ignore Russia. I get that when EPCOT was built the Cold War was in full effect, and we still struggle mightily with Russian relations, but when it boils down to instrumental countries in the current world order, the biggest missing link in the WS is Russia.
Adding Russia certainly wouldn't be political.:rolleyes1

I also don't necessarily buy that France/ morocco would pull their funding. 1. France was built at Park opening and 2. Morocco approached Disney to build a pavilion. It's more than likely that Disney feared a terrorist threat/domestic political ramifications of building an Israeli pavilion

Lol...occasionally you do a double take around here...

Am I reading this right? Are people proposing some kind of multi-religion "mishmosh" holy land for Epcot?

...I must have read that wrong...fantasyland isn't in Epcot (yet):duck:

Personally, would love to see at least one south american - brazil being as good as any, but I would prefer Peru with some Machu Pichu tie in.
Other would love to see something African, or Middle East.....Egypt, or some such. Then again Greece would be a whole lot of fun.
These are also great choices! I just think Greece would look really beautiful and literally anything that could have a Hercules tie in is a big YES in my book. That movie does not get enough attention! (but neither do a lot from my childhood, i.e. Mulan and Pocahontas)

Egypt would be really cool though too. My hope for Brazil is that they serve the cheese bread year round!

EDIT:: also is there any information about when we might get a timeline?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter