The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, it isn't $5,600 more for a family of four, because you don't need as many days at the park to do everything you want. My family of 3 would be dropping from 7 days at the park to 4. You are saving money staying off site and eating meals outside of the WDW bubble. You are saving money on the number of days you are buying tickets to WDW parks.

Orlando becomes the vacation destination and not WDW. When you have to spend less days at WDW parks and less hours at the parks while getting more done, it opens up what you can do on a 7 night trip. You stay off site, you rent a car, you go to OU a couple of days, you drive to the beach one day or drive to Kennedy Center one day. For me as a vacationer it is great, but for WDW it is bad. I am now spending money I would have spent at WDW all over the area instead.

I don't think they will do anything like this, but it would be great for me if they did. Disney has far more information about their guests than I am operating with and maybe they believe most of their guest wouldn't act like me if they went one of these types of systems. I just doubt that is the case because WDW now has multiple generations of guests trained to be super planners that look for any advantage to exploit for their benefit.

For our family personally, we love spending time in the parks most days. We don't go into the parks just to do rides on a checklist and call it a day. The whole place is an experience. So we certainly wouldn't drop days in the park.

For our family personally, we love spending time in the parks most days. We don't go into the parks just to do rides on a checklist and call it a day. The whole place is an experience. So we certainly wouldn't drop days in the park.
We love being in the parks too and if you don't have to wait in any lines you can spend more time just doing the parks at a leisurely pace on the day or two you spend at each.

But then I might as well book a couple of VIP days. Which they already have. And less days spending $$$$ in the parks.

Yep exactly. If some on here want to pay more for full access-WDW already offers it.

Going forward I expect that to stay, and they will start adding other options.

absolutely - I would see this as sort of in between

So you could do
7 days in the park, no fast pass
5 days in the park with Fast Pass
3 days in the park with VIP

all for "roughly" the same about of total dollars when accounting for a hotel each nigth

Or maybe 7 days at WDW and have 1 or 2 days as VIP, 5 days without FP.

That would work well for us, as a lot of our WDW days are just going in to park for an evening-but need the night shows back please.

Then the VIP day/days we can go unlimited on what we want with minimal wait.

A poster who I’m convinced knows what she or he is talking about has intimated on WDWMAGIC that Paint The Night (perhaps modified) will be coming to WDW for the 50th.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...g-some-fresh-royalty-checks-next-year.967711/

Considering that is my favorite Disney parade I have ever seen I would be very happy with this (would be even happier if they added a unique section or two - which they might need to as I believe the Mack float is too big to fit in MK

Considering that is my favorite Disney parade I have ever seen I would be very happy with this (would be even happier if they added a unique section or two - which they might need to as I believe the Mack float is too big to fit in MK
I think the Frozen unit as well wouldn’t be able to clear the bridge from liberty square to main street

Any rumors on Ratatouille or Savi’s?
Remy is on track for October but Disney hasn’t decided if they want to open it now or not. There are concerns that the queue isn’t long enough for ride-opening size crowds with social distancing in place and because the park entrance is right there there’s nowhere to bring the line.

No idea on Savis.

Remy is on track for October but Disney hasn’t decided if they want to open it now or not. There are concerns that the queue isn’t long enough for ride-opening size crowds with social distancing in place and because the park entrance is right there there’s nowhere to bring the line.

No idea on Savis.

Sounds like they should use their virtual queue system. We are only there a few days in October. I suppose we will miss it. 😢 Thanks for the info!!

I bet that if cancellations keep up with the pace they’ve been at, they’ll figure something out to get the ride open
I hope so. We're not there until December, and I was hoping Remy would be open and have the kinks worked out by then. It looks so darn cute!

No idea on Savis.
I can't see how that would be an issue. The entrance to the ride queue is to the right of the shops and the actual ride is behind and to the left of the shops. Its really a long way from when you first get into the France part of Epcot.

The park entrance is across the canal from there so there is no problem with people being too close.

I can't see how that would be an issue. The entrance to the ride queue is to the right of the shops and the actual ride is behind and to the left of the shops. Its really a long way from when you first get into the France part of Epcot.

The park entrance is across the canal from there so there is no problem with people being too close.
Yes but that area only has one way in and one way out. If the queue is taking that space that’s a problem. There is a restaurant back there too in this expansion.

Yes but that area only has one way in and one way out. If the queue is taking that space that’s a problem. There is a restaurant back there too in this expansion.

I feel like if that was the only issue though they could figure out a way around it - whether it was how they do the spacing or using a virtual queue

I wonder more if they just don't want the scene of opening a new ride with capped attendance and just not seeing the financial positive return a grand opening normally brings

I wonder more if they just don't want the scene of opening a new ride with capped attendance and just not seeing the financial positive return a grand opening normally brings
I doubt they will open anything new in 2020 except maybe Ducktales in World Showcase (and that’s only if Disney play app interactive attractions are even activated while social distancing is being practiced)

So, they could open an exit passage that comes out along the left side of the France pavilion. There isn't much there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter