The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the Philippines happening either. Brazil and Spain were the front runners for a new pavilion.
I honestly believe it to be AK related research based on other things he has mentioned in his captions. I wouldnt be surprised though if the Moana rumors are linked somehow though!

I honestly believe it to be AK related research based on other things he has mentioned in his captions. I wouldnt be surprised though if the Moana rumors are linked somehow though!
Moana overlay for Typhoon Lagoon is 99% not happening, the site that reported that isn't very reliable. Moana in Adventureland is a small possibility though. Not sure what new DAK projects Rohde may be working on since Pandora has just opened.

So some interesting rumors dropped today from Magic Feather at WDWMagic.com:

Adventureland - TSI(tom sawyer island) and the River are up for potential replacment - long term plan nothing identified
DAK - one scenario has Primevil whirl being replaced in a few years - one scenario is much later
DHS - there is still a chance that OMD is gone, but it has nothing to do with TSL and it opening, and project has not been defined to replace yet
Mickey and Minnie ride will have sets and screens, potentially some animitronics and will be 7-8 mins long to ride.

Adventureland - TSI(tom sawyer island) and the River are up for potential replacment - long term plan nothing identified
DAK - one scenario has Primevil whirl being replaced in a few years - one scenario is much later
DHS - there is still a chance that OMD is gone, but it has nothing to do with TSL and it opening, and project has not been defined to replace yet
Mickey and Minnie ride will have sets and screens, potentially some animitronics and will be 7-8 mins long to ride.

Any more details on what is meant by a "replacement" for TSI and the river? I think a retheme/update could be interesting but don't think I'd be a fan of like filling it in with concrete and totally changing the look and feel of the area

Could this be the placement of the HM eatery?

I don't see the Philippines happening either. Brazil and Spain were the front runners for a new pavilion.
Maybe Brazil's own leadership issues which came to a head at the time of D23 convinced them to push back the announcement - possibly for the 35th in October?

Maybe they could put the Haunted Mansion restaurant over there ;)

Could this be the placement of the HM eatery?

Well, a restaurant in an old run down shack/haunted house location on the island you have to take the raft to would be cool

or even a secret tunnel from the HM onto the Island would be kinda cool (I know at Disneyland there is stories of a tunnel connecting the HM to the Island connecting the Pirate Lafite connection, etc.)

Well, a restaurant in an old run down shack/haunted house location on the island you have to take the raft to would be cool

or even a secret tunnel from the HM onto the Island would be kinda cool (I know at Disneyland there is stories of a tunnel connecting the HM to the Island connecting the Pirate Lafite connection, etc.)
Seems like a lot of space next to HM as well for a restaurant. Regardless, more (good) table service dining is a huge need for the MK. Would also love to see a new spot on Tomorrowland.

TSI/River replacement sounds exciting - maybe it could involve the previously rumored Frontierland expansion (is that still an active rumor??) and the HM restaurant. IMO Tom Sawyers Island is a bit of a waste of space, so something new would be fab! Any idea how long term this is? 50th or later?

Dinoland at DAK needs some major work - the whole Chester and Hester section needs to go IMO.

TSI/River replacement sounds exciting - maybe it could involve the previously rumored Frontierland expansion (is that still an active rumor??) and the HM restaurant. IMO Tom Sawyers Island is a bit of a waste of space, so something new would be fab! Any idea how long term this is? 50th or later?
This isn't being talked about much so it has to be post 50th. They have a lot to get done for the 50th right now. Doing something else to TSI would almost certainly lead to changes with the river. If you put a major attraction on that piece of land you are going to need to have something more than just the rafts to get you to the island. A bridge or another mode of transport will need to be put in place most likely. This will then affect the riverboat.

very interesting about TSI! Possible Tiana meet location? You could make it more Bayou esque! I am also loving the idea of a haunted shack for on TSI for haunted mansion restaurant. I hope we could fit it in for the 50th (the haunted mansion restaurant)

very interesting about TSI! Possible Tiana meet location? You could make it more Bayou esque! I am also loving the idea of a haunted shack for on TSI for haunted mansion restaurant. I hope we could fit it in for the 50th (the haunted mansion restaurant)

would be interesting as a Bayou/New Orleans/Southern type area (I guess Similar to Port Orleans Riverside) - be hard to combine it into the Haunted Mansion (for the restaurant or otherwise though) as the WDW Haunted Mansion is set in the NY Hudson River Valley

would be interesting as a Bayou/New Orleans/Southern type area (I guess Similar to Port Orleans Riverside) - be hard to combine it into the Haunted Mansion (for the restaurant or otherwise though) as the WDW Haunted Mansion is set in the NY Hudson River Valley
You could maybe justify it as moving around the country starting at Liberty Square (east coast) moving toward the Bayou, then across to southern pacific in adventureland and ending in the west Frontierland? Its kind of a stretch but it could be doable especially since all things conisdered it is an island so it would be easy to theme it totally different but still American

From what I've heard, there are potential plans to add a bridge to TSI and to permanently doc the Liberty Belle and turn it into a Tiana-themed restaurant
ILL TAKE IT. But I cant imagine they would do that and an HM restaurant... give Tiana boatwrights is what I say. THat place apparently NEEDS upgrading.

This isn't being talked about much so it has to be post 50th. They have a lot to get done for the 50th right now. Doing something else to TSI would almost certainly lead to changes with the river. If you put a major attraction on that piece of land you are going to need to have something more than just the rafts to get you to the island. A bridge or another mode of transport will need to be put in place most likely. This will then affect the riverboat.
Yes, I guessed it would be post 50th now. Do you think they have much else (big projects wise) currently unannounced for the 50th? Yes, those rafts would not suffice for a major attraction. A bridge sounds most likely, but as you say, that'll affect the riverboat. I wonder if they'd just remove the island and rivers all together and make a new bit of land? Or maybe make the island a lot smaller and move it back/make the river smaller to create new land for a new attraction?

Yes, I guessed it would be post 50th now. Do you think they have much else (big projects wise) currently unannounced for the 50th? Yes, those rafts would not suffice for a major attraction. A bridge sounds most likely, but as you say, that'll affect the riverboat. I wonder if they'd just remove the island and rivers all together and make a new bit of land? Or maybe make the island a lot smaller and move it back/make the river smaller to create new land for a new attraction?
OOOH or are we finally getting Villains land lol

From what I've heard, there are potential plans to add a bridge to TSI and to permanently doc the Liberty Belle and turn it into a Tiana-themed restaurant
Sounds plausible. Tiana restaurant sounds pretty cool.
ILL TAKE IT. But I cant imagine they would do that and an HM restaurant... give Tiana boatwrights is what I say. THat place apparently NEEDS upgrading.
Nope, I can't see them doing both Tiana Liberty Belle dining and HM restaurant, but then if one is a TS and other is QS then maybe. Unless HM location will actually be a bar or something like that (ala Trader Sams?!). Now that'd be cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter