The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: During the week, it's no change for me. I usually wrap my weekday runs up a little before 5am, so it's been completely dark during my runs for a while now. During the weekends I take advantage of a chance to sleep in. The time shift means a better chance that there will be daylight for my entire run.

ATTQOTD: Time change combined with park (bathroom and water) stops being closed mean that most of my weekdays runs should be at lunch time and that I won’t have good one-way routes on weekend.

ATTQOTD:
The time change was helpful this Sunday as it was just starting to get light by the time I got to the part that is not lit up like a football game. It will not have any impact on the rest of my runs as they will still all be in the dark.
The biggest challenge will be that we have entered the dreary portion of the year, where it rains and is yucky and depressing. I found it more challenging to run last November and December than in the bitterly cold but oh so bright February weather. My plan to circumvent this is to travel to places where there is sun, and maybe no daylight savings time.

ATTQOTD: Not really, but it was nice to drive to work this morning with a little bit of light. As I get further into my marathon training plan, I'll have to do some 7-8 milers after work so it will start to get dark during the end of the run. I kind of enjoy that, it's a nice cooldown once the sun sets.

ATTQOTD: If I do run in the evenings, I will have my Tracer 360 on, since I would be finishing in the dark. Normally I am an early bird, so no changes on that side of things.

ATTQOTD: DAylight savings won’t have too much of an impact on me. It’ll mainly mean I can start my weekend runs earlier if I want to. And as has been said earlier, daylight savings should be gotten rid of. The fact we are still using it is ridiculous.

QOTD: Will the time change have any impacts on your running schedule?

Not really. I have a new training plan beginning tomorrow and was excited when I realized it started the week after dst ended. My excitement was over nothing, turns out it's still pitch black at 5:45A. Guess I'll be looking for my headlamp when I get home this evening...

ATTQOTD: I try to get out as soon as it's light enough to run safely, so I'll be getting out sooner now.

Lost key update: I spent about 3 hours on 3 separate trips looking for it. I raked approximately 400 feet of right of way. No luck. I'm looking to see if anyone I know has a metal detector.

I absolutely HATE losing things. I still wonder about things I lost 30 years ago.

3 cars out of 300 did stop to see if I needed help, so my faith in humanity is slightly restored.

So when you are crawling around on all 4's in running gear on the side of a road, no one stops. But when you are out on the side of a road with a rake, people stop? :scared: Not sure if that would restore my faith in humanity as much as making me question their sanity

I hate transitioning between time changes. I don't care which one we keep but I would like it to just stay the same all year. It won't impact me too much, but the fewer hours of daylight will probably mean that I'll have to go to the track or use the treadmill for more weekday runs.

ATTQOTD: Yes (and no). I won't be able to run outside during weekdays for a while, it's dark by the time I leave work. Most likely I will hit the treadmill. I am only running through November and then taking most of December off. Hopefully it will start getting lighter again when I resume in January 2019. Pre Happy New Year wishes everyone.

ATTQOTD: No change here. I've been running in the dark for awhile (nights, mostly) because during the summers in Alabama, it's the only time it's bearable to run...

ATTQOTD: it will be nice to have light when doing pre-work runs again, if only for a little while. I got a new vest (DW got one, too) at the Hershey Half expo. All the swirly striping all over it reflects big time when hit with lights.

In a related answer: just took a vacation day for 3/11/19- the first business day after we spring forward. That seems to be worse for me than the fall. Though in Max has been looking for things (food, potty) as though the clock didn't fall back.

ATTQOTD: All it means to me is that it will be fully dark when I go out for my mid-week runs. Time to break out the Tracer360 and headlamp.

Back from a fun Wine and Dine weekend and catching up!

ATTQOTD (Friday): As an Auburn fan (insert sad music), I was pulling for LSU this weekend. However, in my work college football pick'em I had to go with Alabama because I don't think anyone can beat Alabama, unfortunately.

ATTQOTD (today): I hate this time change with a passion. I run after work and it is hard to do that when it gets dark at 5PM. I also usually walk Barkley (my 9 month old Golden Retriever) after I get done running so it will throw a big wrench in those plans. At least it will only be this way for a few months, LOL.

QOTD: Will the time change have any impacts on your running schedule?

ATTQOTD: Yes, it means that I will have to wear my lights for my entire runs and not just parts of it.

Once school starts my runs are either at 5:30 am or 8:30 pm so it's dark no matter what. It's harder getting out st those times once it gets colder but won't change anything for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter