The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

So just got off the phone with Disney Reservations and the helpful lady there added notes to our reservation with the size of our new trailer, so that we can get an appropriate sized site. It is just a tad bigger than the TT when we made the reservation.
Started to empty the TT, getting it ready to be traded in. After 3 years, there is a bit of stuff loaded in there.....:rolleyes1
We should find out later today, when we can pick up our new unit. Needed some work done mostly cosmetic stuff on the inside of the trailer, and they needed to install the batteries, fill propane, etc. Of course will post pictures once we get it hooked up and then more of the interior as it gets closer to our departure date.

Chris Congrats on new 5er and Props for getting adjustments with Disney reservations done so quick.. Thunkeded I had put my 2 cents in on Sep weather earlier but somehow i got sent to page 1 here reread everything and see i didn't. Based on our experience be prepared for very hot and humid with afternoon T storms. We made out okay but found we needed a lot more water. I froze a 20 oz. bottle for each of us the night before, wrapped them in face cloth placed them in a 1 gal. ziplock baggie. Most days that lasted us fine some days we needed more and snack credited what we needed.

Chris Congrats on new 5er and Props for getting adjustments with Disney reservations done so quick.. Thunkeded I had put my 2 cents in on Sep weather earlier but somehow i got sent to page 1 here reread everything and see i didn't. Based on our experience be prepared for very hot and humid with afternoon T storms. We made out okay but found we needed a lot more water. I froze a 20 oz. bottle for each of us the night before, wrapped them in face cloth placed them in a 1 gal. ziplock baggie. Most days that lasted us fine some days we needed more and snack credited what we needed.

Mike,
I have a camelback that I take in to the parks with me, holds 3L and fits in my camera bag. That usually lasts me the day. If it is hotter I have an ice cube tray that makes frozen rods that fit thru the camelback opening and then fill with water.
We have figured on being hotter and more humid, which is also part of staying longer, we will take our time, do what we want and if to warm, relax, after all it is vacation.

So the Check engine light comes on in my truck....really, because I need this now. Had a friend has a code reader and turns out my DEF heater is going, or at least that was the code. Cleared it and see how long it takes to come back, have a couple months before freezing weather again.
Got a pick up date for our new 5er. We bring her home on the 26th.:drive:
I have to go out here before work and empty the pass thru on the TT.
Part of packing the new trailer will be a review of all that has come out of the TT and if we have used something or not before it goes in the new unit. Not really sure we need 3 easy up canopies, all the time. :confused3

Not really sure we need 3 easy up canopies, all the time. :confused3
We only have one, and we take it but rarely set that one up. Our current TT has something like a 20' awning.... This is typically MORE than enough for us. I couldn't imagine 3 of them on one site, with the TT, truck and anything else we'd bring.

We only have one, and we take it but rarely set that one up. Our current TT has something like a 20' awning.... This is typically MORE than enough for us. I couldn't imagine 3 of them on one site, with the TT, truck and anything else we'd bring.

Paul,
That is the kicker, none of them have ever been set up while we were camping. The awning on our TT was always enough. Will keep one in the new unit as the awning is cut up by the living room slide. Not sure how far out it goes, but it may not be as usable as the TT was, so may use the ez up more, for sitting outside. We will have to see.

So the Check engine light comes on in my truck....really, because I need this now. Had a friend has a code reader and turns out my DEF heater is going, or at least that was the code.
Chris,

There is a TSB on the DEF heater. I'll try to find it on the DieselStop forum, but your dealer should know about it. The heater is covered under the 5/100,00 emission warranty. My DEF injector went out last Fall. It threw the truck into a semi-limp mode. Loss of power but not MPH limited. I only had 95,000 miles, but the truck was 5 1/2 years old. It was about $700 I think. The fan clutch had also gone bad a week or so before while driving home from Gatlinburg so I had them do both.

Not really sure we need 3 easy up canopies, all the time. :confused3
I can't figure out why I have 3 coffee makers in mine. And it's only a year old.

j

Chris,

There is a TSB on the DEF heater. I'll try to find it on the DieselStop forum, but your dealer should know about it. The heater is covered under the 5/100,00 emission warranty. My DEF injector went out last Fall. It threw the truck into a semi-limp mode. Loss of power but not MPH limited. I only had 95,000 miles, but the truck was 5 1/2 years old. It was about $700 I think. The fan clutch had also gone bad a week or so before while driving home from Gatlinburg so I had them do both.

Mine came on about 2 weeks ago with a DEF error and telling me it was going to limit me to idle in 50 miles. Took it to the dealer and they cleared it. Said this can happen from time to time and said often it will reset itself. So far no further indications have come up. Gotta love DEF systems as one more expensive part to have to maintain in order to meet government standards.

I'm glad you bought this. It takes the heat off me for only being 42 ft with 4 slides. :rotfl:

j

Countdown almost to 120.....this next week will be crazy. Getting ready to have nephews for memorial day, getting ready to pick up new fiver next friday. Then have to get new fiver loaded up, probably a camping trip in the yard to start, then a local trip, campground only about 15 miles from us, may try there. Trip to MD in August with nephews, which will be good prep for Disney. Then maybe one or two more weekends thrown in, if we can, then down to Disney.....

So today it was a project that was trailer related. Today I installed a RV dump connection here at the house. So now, if we need to use it on the way back during a trip, no problem, pull in hook up the sewer line, flush and park it for next trip. Next will be to put in pad for new trailer to sit on. That is just going to be a stone driveway. Have some trees to trim before we bring the new one home, as I don't want to hit them parking it. Current one just clears them, so trimming is not a bad thing.

So today it was a project that was trailer related. Today I installed a RV dump connection here at the house.

You'll enjoy that connection and convenience PaHunter. 40 years ago, when I built our house, I installed a sewer clean-out at the edge of the road. Unbeknownst to me at the time, that sewer clean-out would come in handy when we became RV owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter