The Super Exersice Thread.

Yeah, unfortunately we eat out too much. I've been trying to stop this but I fall back on it whenever I can't think of what to cook.

For today I think calorie wise I should be okay since all I had was the peanut butter sandwich and 2 cuties (oranges) before going out to dinner.

I've seen the nutrition info on the menu at the McD's at Wal-Mart but haven't seen it anywhere else. Not sure what the rules actually are.

Mickey-D's rules or the thread rules? 'Cause the thread has no rules, it's mainly for bragging and asking for help/encouragement. Though a biggest loser thread would be a good idea, I just don't know what would be the pay off at the end.

As far as losing weight rules, those are simple. Take in less calories than you burn. The average person needs 1200 calories a day just to do daily things. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn a day even when you sleep because your body needs fuel to look fabulous. If you would like a monthly good read for the ladies, I like Muscle and Fitness Hers. I like them better than Shape and other "soft body' magazines because the majority of models in Shape have always been skiny and don't have to do much to maitain themsleves, whereas the M&F models bust thier tuckus to maitain thier physiec. There are always girly ariticles about hair/makeup/fashion, and there is always an inspirational story about some lady's body makeover story. Always exersice tips, what to eat and what not to eat, and what's new on the market for health.

I was referring to Skiingfast's post above about restaurants needing to list nutrition info. I'm not sure what the law states for that.

I am well aware of what I NEED to do to lose weight. The problem is actually doing it! I've been doing good on the exercise so far which is usually my hardest thing so now I just need to get healthier food options in the house and stick to them.

I actually don't read magazines. I received a number of free subscriptions this year and the magazines are still sitting there collecting dust.

I was referring to Skiingfast's post above about restaurants needing to list nutrition info. I'm not sure what the law states for that.

I am well aware of what I NEED to do to lose weight. The problem is actually doing it! I've been doing good on the exercise so far which is usually my hardest thing so now I just need to get healthier food options in the house and stick to them.

I actually don't read magazines. I received a number of free subscriptions this year and the magazines are still sitting there collecting dust.

I don't supscribe anymore either, the internet is free and they have their own website. As far as nutrition, some resturants have a listing of food/calories at thier establishment (Chevy's, Olive Garden, and Jamba Juice I know for sure do). Perhaps check thier respective websites, maybe you'll get lucky. Do you have an iphone/itouch. There is a free app called loseit. You can track your goals, what you eat, and record your exersicing. They have a ton of calorie listings for everyday foods (good and bad) and a vast collection of resturant with their calorie info. Some have protien/carb info also.

Good luck, your doing a fabulous job:thumbsup2

I don't supscribe anymore either, the internet is free and they have their own website. As far as nutrition, some resturants have a listing of food/calories at thier establishment (Chevy's, Olive Garden, and Jamba Juice I know for sure do). Perhaps check thier respective websites, maybe you'll get lucky. Do you have an iphone/itouch. There is a free app called loseit. You can track your goals, what you eat, and record your exersicing. They have a ton of calorie listings for everyday foods (good and bad) and a vast collection of resturant with their calorie info. Some have protien/carb info also.

Good luck, your doing a fabulous job:thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice on lose it. :thumbsup2 I had it as an app once upon a time but it didn't have a lot of food choices so I deleted it. It appears to have a much better food database available now.

Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day on my Biggest Loser game but I like doing the exercises so I did 20 minutes of light exercises and then 10 minutes of yoga with it. With stretches and everything it comes more to about 45 minutes and even with the light exercises I was sweating.

According to Lose it I only consumed 1036 calories but that was with sleeping through dinner as I am working night shift tonight. Unfortunately I didn't bring any food with me and the only food co-workers brought is chocolate and cookies so I will be drinking a lot of water! Resist Resist, must resist the sweets!

Custom Built has a facebook page. They are the personal trainers at the In Shape gyms. My trainer may or may not have broken a bone in the begining of December, she cancelled an appointment to inform me. A few days later I left her a message asking her status and if I was going to be re-assinged a new trainer until she healed. I didn't get a call back. The Custom Built message posted on my news thread about going back to the gym after the holidays, I non-chalontly said something about not hearing from my trainer, thinking nothing of it. Less than five minutes later I get a personal message asking who my trainer is and at what gym. I give the asked for info, but add that I only left one message with the trainer herself, I didn't call the gym directly and speak to a head trainer and that I should be going to the gym anyway and that I got lazy over the holidays. They didn't message me back, yet.

Who wants pizza?

I found a pretty tastey reciepe in my cooking light book.

you need:

1/2 an eggplant
1/2 a red onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 red bell pepper
salt
pepper
grilled chicken breast
tomatoe
low fat pizza cheese (I used a three cheese blend)
pizza crust (the pre-made ones that start with a B)
olive oil

pre heat oven to 375 dice the eggplant, pepper, garlic, and onion and sautee them in a couple tablespoons of olive oil. spread veggie mixture onto pizza crust, leaving a 1/2 boarder. dice/shread chicken and spinkle on top of veggie mix. sprinkle cheese on top of that, then top with diced tomatoes. bake at 375 for 25 min.

I heard of this lunch recipe. I have a FB friend who is on a special diet plan. It honestly sounds like her diet plan is a huge calorie reduction with no excercise.

Anyhow baked chicken breast.
Spinkle on Hidden Ranch dressing mix before baking and then after baking.

It's simple and a recipe I'd like to try, I just thinking it's going to make me crave salad with it too.

I heard of this lunch recipe. I have a FB friend who is on a special diet plan. It honestly sounds like her diet plan is a huge calorie reduction with no excercise.

It's simple and a recipe I'd like to try, I just thinking it's going to make me crave salad with it too.

Sounds good.

that actually does sound good..

i do umm italian dressing .. no carbs . so no rice.. no bread no cheese.. no bread.. no pasta.... and just veggies..bread, rice,cheese, tortillas, and pasta all have major carb count even if it doesnt say it on the package... rice is the worst as it turns into sugar which then turns into fat an carbs.....

I dont know if this matters. but i track my weight at once a week .. every saturday. it kept me on goal. I hit my goal when i was..well i hit my goal at 121 lbs. but still keeping it written down and doing a weight check once a week on one certain day helped for me

that actually does sound good..

i do umm italian dressing .. no carbs . so no rice.. no bread no cheese.. no bread.. no pasta.... and just veggies..bread, rice,cheese, tortillas, and pasta all have major carb count even if it doesnt say it on the package... rice is the worst as it turns into sugar which then turns into fat an carbs.....

I'm glad the no carb thing worked for you. I, however, need my good carbs. I make sure my butt gets kicked pretty hard when I work out and I need the energy to keep up with my kids. Good carbs take a loooong time to store as fat, if you burn it before it stores it's okay. Everything in moderation.;)

So, there's a "new" work out at home DVD collection. It's called Turbo Fire, form the same people who brought you Turbo Jam and Insanity. After some research and the okay from Hubby (acutally it's his idea) I bought this collection. Let me just say, I don't buy the "next big thing" I see on TV. . . ever. This program doesn't promise outlandish results. 50lbs in 6 months is the norm for those who stick to the exersice plan and proper nutrition.

I did the first work out yesturday. The schedule of classes is the "prep" schedule, so you're not losing a lung on the first day. It has a breakdown of the moves if you're new to the class. Helps to catch your breath. It still kicked my butt. I was tired after I did a 30 minute workout followed by a 10 minute streaching section. It looks awesome and I have high hopes that this will get me in shape, now that I no longer have a gym membership.

I'm going to try to do a video log and before and after pictures. I'll probably use Eye of the Tiger as my soundtrack with some cheesy 80's music video clips, too.

It's March!! How we doin? I wanted to drop a line and inform about my success so far. I've been doing Turbo Fire since the last week of Jan/1st week of Feb. I bought a belt around the same time. I've had to tighten it four times. One more notch to go and I'll have to buy a new smaller belt. I've only dropped on lb so far, but that means I've been gaining muscle while dropping fat. Muscel weighs more than fat, but takes up less space.

One of my FB friends has been having tremdious success on the Julian Micheals workout. After two weeks she's able to do 15 push ups ON HER TOES!! Out-freakin-standing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter