The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They did mention on Pete Werner’s show that the last promo with BLT did amazingly well. And IMO, was a test for VGF2.

This seems like a stretch to me. I mean just in volume. DVC had some from buybacks and foreclosures, but they didn't have a whole building worth of points to sell. But it was (is?) a screaming deal. I would have done it if I wanted more points.

And this will be the fun part!!! Haha

Can you imagine if both camps are correct? Base price of $255 but incentives for all levels bring it down close to RiV???

Again, not the sense I am taking from my chats so I’m sticking with $214 base price with incentives at 100 points and above.

Can you imagine if both camps are correct? Base price of $255 but incentives for all levels bring it down close to RiV???

Again, not the sense I am taking from my chats so I’m sticking with $214 base price.

I’m just looking forward to all the “I knew it all along - in your face” comments when, at best, all anyone can do is put forth their most educated guess. I know those posts are coming though! The $255 with incentives down to $214 might be the only way of keeping peace within the online community.

I’m just looking forward to all the “I knew it all along - in your face” comments when, at best, all anyone can do is put forth their most educated guess. I know those posts are coming though! The $255 with incentives down to $214 might be the only way of keeping peace within the online community.

I still want it closer to $200s!!! But it certainly seems like this week is dragging!!!!

I am confident it will be kept all in the fun this thread has produced!!

I still want it closer to $200s!!! But it certainly seems like this week is dragging!!!!

I agree. For me, this has the possibility of being the foundation of how I vacation over the next 40+ years. I would totally be happy with direct contracts at VGF and RIV. However, this is all on hold until we get that pricing information. Also, it needs to be affordable enough where I can buy enough points to make a difference. I’m looking at at least 100 just so that I can get a few days a year.

Long time vacationer to Hawaii here (not AUL yet…but we frequent the Hawaiian islands pre-pandemic) and I noticed the same high flight prices, however, prior to the pandemic I could easily fly from Toronto to Maui for under $650 CAD per ticket if I was ok connecting in Denver, or SFO/LAX. From what I gather, the high prices are a combination of airlines shrinking their schedules which reduces the supply of flights available and airlines trying to recoup losses. We should see this normalize in 2023 if things continue to improve pandemic wise and as airlines expand their routes.
Airlines are experiencing higher fuel costs, higher labor costs, and higher parts replacement costs. (You might be surprised how much it costs to keep an airliner up to FAA/CAA safety standards.)

Pretty much all manufacturers and service providers are passing on their higher operating costs to consumers.

Disney also is experiencing higher labor and operating costs. The difference is, pre-pandemic, Disney had plans to increase theme park prices even further beyond their increased costs.

VGF2 will be priced the highest Disney leadership thinks the market will bear, not based on how much it costs to convert Big Pine Key.

Last edited:

Again, not the sense I am taking from my chats so I’m sticking with $214 base price with incentives at 100 points and above.
A high base price with "incentives" that never really go away would be an interesting sales tactic for sure.

Get it now before the price goes way up! (which it may never do!)

I really don't understand how this is hard to understand.

To be fair, when Disney, DVC, and DVD are involved in decisions, it is easy to see how they could do things that make no sense to the rest of us.

So, while many of us think we know the way they will go, based on what has happened in the past and having so many new points to sell, and what seems to be common sense, nothing would surprise me!!!!

I really don't understand how this is hard to understand.

Whats hard to understand about the opposite point of view though? They have RIV and AUL at a lower price if people want a less expensive resort. They don't need to instantly sell out their "premium" resort on property.

The real question is how many buyers do you lose if VGF is $255 that won't buy RIV/AUL at $207 instead? That is the target group where the analysis kicks in to figure out what to do. Another target group is how many people will pass on DVC all together because having VGF and RIV at seperate price points or a $40 delta makes then turned off to notion?

Everyone likes to say "supply and demand" but just like cuts of beef it doesn't mean everything needs to be the same price. You might throw that brisket flat cut in the freezer until you can mark it up at Saint Patrick's day for Corned Beef.

Whats hard to understand about the opposite point of view though? They have RIV and AUL at a lower price if people want a less expensive resort. They don't need to instantly sell out their "premium" resort on property.

The real question is how many buyers do you lose if VGF is $255 that won't buy RIV/AUL at $207 instead? That is the target group where the analysis kicks in to figure out what to do. Another target group is how many people will pass on DVC all together because having VGF and RIV at seperate price points or a $40 delta makes then turned off to notion?

Everyone likes to say "supply and demand" but just like cuts of beef it doesn't mean everything needs to be the same price. You might throw that brisket flat cut in the freezer until you can mark it up at Saint Patrick's day for Corned Beef.
I think there is an unresolvable quibble here between those who think DVD will be happy to market VGF as a premier property and Riviera as effectively a bargain property (sold at the same price as the "unselloutable aulani), and those who think that DVC will throw up pixie dust before writing off riviera as some sort of discount option, because of what they invested in the property and how its been marketed to date. If you don't agree on that point, then you won't agree on any other points.

If you don't agree on that point, then you won't agree on any other points.

DVC could do anything and marketing will do what they can to try and push sales. What marketing has done historically to market a property has little to do with what the business leaders will decide needs to happen based on the data.

I think there is an unresolvable quibble here between those who think DVD will be happy to market VGF as a premier property and Riviera as effectively a bargain property (sold at the same price as the "unselloutable aulani), and those who think that DVC will throw up pixie dust before writing off riviera as some sort of discount option, because of what they invested in the property and how its been marketed to date. If you don't agree on that point, then you won't agree on any other points.

I agree 100%. If DVC is not vocal about the resale restrictions, I’d buy RIV before VGF if VGF is more expensive. I’d likely buy RIV before VGF if they were the same price. 6 more years and my preference as a resort and proximity to parks I prefer.

I don’t see RIV as a step down at all. I have no clue how many other people feel that way, but I hear several others who have vocalized the same.

Last edited:
My guide called today and said to call back at the end of the week (after announcement) SOONER rather than later. haha...the optimistic part of me wants to interpret this as good news for those of us looking at a decent price and incentives.

My guide called today and said to call back at the end of the week (after announcement) SOONER rather than later. haha...the optimistic part of me wants to interpret this as good news for those of us looking at a decent price and incentives.

haha…I’m so sick of these cryptic messages. Just release the price and details…Ahhhh!!!!

If you want to know the price of VGF, go to the Magic Kingdom. There, you will find a flower that looks out of place. Walk to it. Take 5 steps backwards and turn around. Look up, count the number of birds in the sky and multiply by 20 and divide by 4. You will then know the price of VGF.

5 steps backwards in MK! Do you know how crowded that place is! Impossible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter