The Villians Lair

Over Columbus Day week it was pretty easy. They do take your name for a waitlist when it’s full and text you. It took about 30 mins right before the fireworks (about an hour or so before) for me to get a table. Closer to the fireworks they line those that want to go up for the fireworks downstairs and let them up 15 mins beforehand to the deck.

Hi all. Sorry for opening and old conversation, but I was intrigued as to whether this is still the same now and if the lounge is opening 7 days a week for DVC members to just walk up and access? I was thinking of dinner at Steakhouse 71 and then walking to the lounge to see the fireworks, but perhaps doing it on a weekday.

Hi all. Sorry for opening and old conversation, but I was intrigued as to whether this is still the same now and if the lounge is opening 7 days a week for DVC members to just walk up and access? I was thinking of dinner at Steakhouse 71 and then walking to the lounge to see the fireworks, but perhaps doing it on a weekday.
Thanks for opening this. I have the same question. The Villain's Lair is one of the few things at WDW we've never experienced. We have three trips planned in the next three months, and I'm hoping to get up there for one of these. Anyone with recent experiences, I'd appreciate your input!

We were staying onsite 12/27-1/1. We tried one night an our before fireworks. While unable to get inside, they did have a line so you could get a drink and watch outside. We were not allowed to stay inside. We also were there the 1st week of Dec and there was a bar set-up outside where you could order drinks and watch fireworks.

Lastly we went up one night 12/28 or 29th and waited online to get drinks, just asked how long the wait was for 2 for the bar or table and we were able to get sat right away. Larger parties were turned away.

Side question: Heading to the area for a conference next week. Not staying on property but I am a blue card member. Will I be able to go up (if there is available capacity)?

We were there in late November. Had dinner at Narcoosee’s (excellent) and then headed over, It was a Christmas Party night so fireworks weren’t until 10pm. We were seated (no reservation) and had drinks, didn’t eat. Although it did get busier (all tables full) as the fireworks time approached we were never asked to vacate our table for ‘paying’ guests as we had expected. Thought it was very nice although not a lot of theming. We would do it again in a heartbeat and will probably try the paid version at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter