***The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Everyone: I hope I'm not intruding here. I have a question for all you WL fans. I am coming to WDW over marathon weekend Jan 9-11. I wanted to meet Ranger Stan while I'm there. Does anyone know his schedule? Thanks.

Intruding? On a Groupie thread??:confused3 :rotfl2:

I am not sure of the answer, but I know that one of them with more knowlege will come up with the right answer.

Have a great time at our beloved Wilderness Lodge!

MM, we don't have NYE firmed up yet. We never go to downtown Raleigh and watch the giant Acorn drop (no, not a joke, city of oaks tradition) and probably never will. Hoping one of our friends will have a party!:dance3:

Greetings Everyone: I hope I'm not intruding here. I have a question for all you WL fans. I am coming to WDW over marathon weekend Jan 9-11. I wanted to meet Ranger Stan while I'm there. Does anyone know his schedule? Thanks.

Intruding? Not a chance. Welcome to the best thread going. Are you staying at WL? Running the marathon? Sorry but I can't answer your question. Our first trip to VWL is in 25 days. We hope to see Ranger Stan as well.

Okay, now what are everyones traditional New Years Eve plans? For us its spending the evening with close family and eating and eating ( seafood smorgasbord ) until New Years Rockin Eve comes on.

Intruding? On a Groupie thread??:confused3 :rotfl2:

MM, we don't have NYE firmed up yet. We never go to downtown Raleigh and watch the giant Acorn drop (no, not a joke, city of oaks tradition) and probably never will. Hoping one of our friends will have a party!:dance3:

:lmao: Giant Acorn? I think that should be televised too. Growing up in NYC I remember I couldn't wait until I got old enough to go downtown to see the ball drop. Finally, I think at 16 my parents let me go with my older brother and a couple of cousins. I remember thinking "You gotta be kidding me", this is it? Pretty much stand around in the cold for a couple of hours then get back on the train to go home. :laughing:

We're pretty big celebrators not because of the New Year but because the 1st is my birthday and Rizzo the Rat B-day is on the 12/26 (Ladies, never ever go into labor on Christmas day...talk about skeleton crew. The only doctors on call was the guy who just finished taking his board exams from Guam. :rolleyes1 ) so we sort of combine all 3 and celebrate.

I will cook some black eyed peas. It's a tradition that is supposed to bring prosperity and wealth to the household. I'm thinking if I cook up a 55 gallon drum of the stuff maybe the economy will bounce back a little. What ever mojo works.

A big Happy Birthday to Eliza and her son!

Mouse Skywalker I believe Stan does tours Wednesday through Saturday at 9 am.
At least that is what the schedule was a few weeks ago. YOu might check though because he's not always there. The tours are done by someone else when he can't be there.

About New Years--I also am not a big partyer. Some friends asked us over but We're doing something with my daughter who will sob be going back to Japan on the 2nd. Probably just dinner out and a movie, then home to have a toast at midnight.

Deb

First, welcome to our little(but steadily growing)band of brother and sisterhood known as the groupies. Come back anytime!

Stan is at work Wed.-Sat., from 7am til 4pm. He does Flag Family from 8:15 til around 8:45. Then from 9 til about 10, he does the Wonders of the Lodge tour. This is free, so if you time it right, meet him near the big support pole just in front of Guest Relations in the lobby.

He usually takes lunch around 1 til 1:30.

He pretty much roams around the lobby the rest of the day, or he may be just outside the lobby greeting people as they come into the main doors.

He is a super nice fellow and loves to meet folks. He is possibly retiring in June, say be sure to say hello if at all possible.

Tell him Jimmy, Tammy and all the Groupies say hello! He will know who you are talking about.

Aren't these people a great group. I knew someone would come along and answer your question for you.

Please feel free to stick around with the groupies.

Maria - thanks for the cute groupie card and for all the awesome graphics you share :thanks:

happydinks - enjoyed the holiday tips and totally agree with the make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes and fill it with gravy part. Also the pie advice is good advice. :woohoo:

tea pot - I know what you mean about people who "understand" :goodvibes

50 years Too! - glad you had a safe trip and nice to hear compliments like that about the CM at the lodge. :thumbsup2 You should at least tell us the highlights of your trip! Curious minds want to know. popcorn::

Mouse Skywalker - :welcome: and glad jimmytammy saw your question. I would love to take Ranger Stan's tour when we are there in March. Have seen him before and talked to him, but have never done the tour or flag family. He really is such a friendly man and adds so much to the WL.

mickeymorse - thanks :) I'll tell my DS who did it. I think it may be the first he did like that when he was about 11. My other favorite is Genie in color with my boys in B&W. I'm just amazed that he teaches himself how to do stuff like that. Didn't get that from Dory!

Muushka - Are you getting excited about your trip? Not too many days until you leave is it?

Eliza - oh my labor on the day after Christmas must have been quite the adventure :scared1: Why am I reminded of "I'm not a doctor but I play one on tv"? :rolleyes1 Hope you and Rizzo have a wonderful birthday/new year's celebration.

jimmytammy - thanks for the info about Ranger Stan. Loved the pictures of your family with him you posted from your recent stay.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday week! Noticed a few are heading to the world soon.

Muushka Jan 3-5 BCV Jan 5-9 VWL
MaryJ Jan 3 - 10 VWL
horselover Jan 17-21 VWL
bgraham34 Jan 21-25 VWL
MickeyMorse Jan 23-24 POP, Jan 24-30 VWL
Disney Loving Iowan Jan 28 - Feb 3 BWV

Can't wait to hear about these trips. Hope the rest of you who just got back had awesome vacations and will report back soon.

Happy new year!

Hello Groupies! I know it has been a long time since I have been over here to the thread, but I had to come and wish you all a wonderful and happy holiday season! Work has been bad (too many poor people critically ill and in my CCU the past two months) and I just haven't had much time to spend on the boards.
I just scheduled my next VWL stay for October 6-13, 2009 :yay:
I wanted to stay at our beloved Lodge in June...but the DM and DD overruled me for the Beach Club and Villas. DM booked and paid for the 4/3 deal and I added on four studio nights at the end of the trip. My DD9 is just overjoyed at the prospect of having Stormalong Bay at her disposal, but I am really hoping that by the DVC portion of the trip, she is wanting to pool hop over to the Lodge ;)

Stan is at work Wed.-Sat., from 7am til 4pm. He does Flag Family from 8:15 til around 8:45. Then from 9 til about 10, he does the Wonders of the Lodge tour. This is free, so if you time it right, meet him near the big support pole just in front of Guest Relations in the lobby.

He usually takes lunch around 1 til 1:30.

He pretty much roams around the lobby the rest of the day, or he may be just outside the lobby greeting people as they come into the main doors.

He is a super nice fellow and loves to meet folks. He is possibly retiring in June, say be sure to say hello if at all possible.

Tell him Jimmy, Tammy and all the Groupies say hello! He will know who you are talking about.

Rats! We'll be arriving on Sat. & leaving on Wed. I was really hoping to do the tour with him this time since it will probably be the last opportunity. Maybe we'll catch him on Wed. before we leave. Who does Flag family Sun-Tue?

Hope everyone is enjoying the post-holiday season. My shoulder is getting better every day. I'm up to about 60% forward movement & about 40% to the side. Moving right along nicely.

I'm down to 19days now! Woo hoo! :woohoo: Still nothing on the wait list. :confused3 Wait lists never seem to work out for me. I really would have liked to keep that cash I'll be shelling out for 1 night in the Lodge, but I have a feeling it's not going to happen.

Anyone have any exciting plans for NYE? We don't usually do anything. We're old & boring now! :laughing:

Yes Dory, we are excited! I just realized that it has been over 1 year since we stayed at VWL!:scared1: I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.:santa:

bzzelady! :wave: Good to see you! What do you do in the CCU? It is funny, being a medical person myself, I avoided hospitals like the plague. I am very grateful to people like you who have the stomach to work in them!:worship: I'm glad VWL is in your future!

horselover, I am also hoping to be flag family!!

Yes Dory, we are excited! I just realized that it has been over 1 year since we stayed at VWL!:scared1: I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.:santa:

Good morning All!

Muushka - a year - holy cow! Can't believe that you haven't had withdrawls!;) You and Mr. and soo lucky to be going on Saturday - need someone to carry your bags?:) FYI - When we were there in October, and we tried to be the flag family - no go. The CM told us that it's best to ask at check-in if you're there for an extended stay - got better chance of getting a slot.

horselover- Glad to hear your shoulder is getting better. Just in time for your trip! Yep - we're "old" too! Sometimes we make an early movie (if Bob can get home in time) - eat at Applebee's/Ruby Tuesday's - and home by 9:30! Our little NY Eve adventure on 12/31/99 - went to an early movie - got out at like 8 pm - and everything was CLOSED! Drove around, found a Papa John's open, walked in and tried to get a pizza - no go. Ended up eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner that year!:lmao:

Eliza - I thought the black-eyed peas were just a "southern" thing. Never heard of such a thing while growing up/living in NJ - then when we moved here 20 yrs ago - that's all people talked about for New Years. Maybe this WOULD be a good year to try it. For some reason, I think adding stewed tomatoes to the black eyed peas (or serving them in addition) sounds like part of the "tradition" down South - I think!

Hey - you and Rizzo have a great Birthday celebration:bday: party:! Our friend's birthday is on 12/31 - at least his parents got the tax deduction for the year for all his Mom's trouble!;)

A year :scared1: I think that should automatically qualify you to be flag family. If you get the chance remember pictures, picture, pictures.. Are you guys doing a cruise also this time?

Hey Muush, I thought about starting the groupies part 3 on New Years day. I can't imagine a better way to bring in 2009 then with my friends. Do we have enough space to last until then? I can't remember when they automatically cut off threads
Good morning All!

Eliza - I thought the black-eyed peas were just a "southern" thing. Never heard of such a thing while growing up/living in NJ - then when we moved here 20 yrs ago - that's all people talked about for New Years. Maybe this WOULD be a good year to try it. For some reason, I think adding stewed tomatoes to the black eyed peas (or serving them in addition) sounds like part of the "tradition" down South - I think!

Hey - you and Rizzo have a great Birthday celebration:bday: party:! Our friend's birthday is on 12/31 - at least his parents got the tax deduction for the year for all his Mom's trouble!;)

Mornin Happydinks.
I think it is a Southern tradition, my parents are Louisiana and South Carolina transplants. No one else in the house will touch them, so I'm just going to have to keep all the wealth to myself. ;) Thanks for the Bd wishes

A year :scared1: I think that should automatically qualify you to be flag family. If you get the chance remember pictures, picture, pictures.. Are you guys doing a cruise also this time?

Hey Muush, I thought about starting the groupies part 3 on New Years day. I can't imagine a better way to bring in 2009 then with my friends. Do we have enough space to last until then? I can't remember when they automatically cut off threads

Mornin Happydinks.
I think it is a Southern tradition, my parents are Louisiana and South Carolina transplants. No one else in the house will touch them, so I'm just going to have to keep all the wealth to myself. ;) Thanks for the Bd wishes

New Year's Day sounds like a great beginning to our thread. I am pretty sure we will make it till then. I think they cut it off at 250 pages. Plus it's your birthday!:yay:

Nope, no cruise this time. But with this terrible economy, we are thinking of sneaking in one this spring if we can get a good deal (obviously not DCL!). My sister found an 11 night cruise on a great ship for $650 oceanview. What a deal!!:worship:

Yes, I think we should qualify for flag family due to these extreme circumstances
...lackaVWLformorethanayear-oma!:lmao:

:lmao: Giant Acorn? I think that should be televised too. Growing up in NYC I remember I couldn't wait until I got old enough to go downtown to see the ball drop. Finally, I think at 16 my parents let me go with my older brother and a couple of cousins. I remember thinking "You gotta be kidding me", this is it? Pretty much stand around in the cold for a couple of hours then get back on the train to go home. :laughing:

We're pretty big celebrators not because of the New Year but because the 1st is my birthday and Rizzo the Rat B-day is on the 12/26 (Ladies, never ever go into labor on Christmas day...talk about skeleton crew. The only doctors on call was the guy who just finished taking his board exams from Guam. :rolleyes1 ) so we sort of combine all 3 and celebrate.

I will cook some black eyed peas. It's a tradition that is supposed to bring prosperity and wealth to the household. I'm thinking if I cook up a 55 gallon drum of the stuff maybe the economy will bounce back a little. What ever mojo works.

I like the sound of the Giant Acorn drop...... much more country.
A Big Happy Birthday...to both of you :cake:
I know what you mean about skeleton crews in the hospital.. I sure did my share of Holiday shifts :scared1:

The Black Eyed Peas sound like a good idea. I just may try it.

Maria -

tea pot - I know what you mean about people who "understand" :goodvibes

Hope everyone is having a great holiday week! Noticed a few are heading to the world soon.

Muushka Jan 3-5 BCV Jan 5-9 VWL
MaryJ Jan 3 - 10 VWL
horselover Jan 17-21 VWL
bgraham34 Jan 21-25 VWL
MickeyMorse Jan 23-24 POP, Jan 24-30 VWL
Disney Loving Iowan Jan 28 - Feb 3 BWV

Can't wait to hear about these trips. Hope the rest of you who just got back had awesome vacations and will report back soon.

Happy new year!

Thanks Dory :hug:

WOW A Big Happy New Year to all of you Heading HOME... What a great way to start 2009 :woohoo:

Hello Groupies! I know it has been a long time since I have been over here to the thread, but I had to come and wish you all a wonderful and happy holiday season! Work has been bad (too many poor people critically ill and in my CCU the past two months) and I just haven't had much time to spend on the boards.
;)

I give you a lot of credit.. It's been years since I worked CCU...
Take care of yourself.. That's hard work both physically and emotionally

bzzelady! :wave: Good to see you! What do you do in the CCU? It is funny, being a medical person myself, I avoided hospitals like the plague. I am very grateful to people like you who have the stomach to work in them!:worship:
!!

Muushka.... A true kindred spirit... a Nurse here.... what about you and bzzelady

I give you a lot of credit.. It's been years since I worked CCU...
Take you care of yourself.. That is hard work both physically and emotionally

Muushka.... A true kindred spirit... a Nurse here.... what about you and bzzelady

My thanks to all of you who are nurses. I could never do your job and we always appreciate the good ones we have had. :flower3: I'm sure the holidays are rough for those in the medical field.

I'm a former medical technologist (yeah....blood) that finally had enough and retired way too early!

I'm a former medical technologist (yeah....blood) that finally had enough and retired way too early!
A registered respiratory therapist here....!:thumbsup2 Yep, after 22 yrs., I had to get my life back. Now I work as desktop support.....hmmm....guess I missed that memo!!

Thanks everyone. I am a critical care nurse in a very busy cardiac critical care and post open heart surgery unit. We have just been bombarded with very ill patients and did not see any kind of slowdown over the holiday. It is often a very tough place to work. I work 12 hour days three days per week, every third weekend, and get full time benefits. For a nurse, unless you happen to be an agency nurse, is almost unheard of to have this kind of position and I'm really grateful to have the extra days at home, even though I work long hours on the other days.

When you work holidays, you learn (and teach your family) that the actual day of the holiday is not what has the meaning...it's the time you spend together, no matter which particular day that happens to be. This was not my holiday to work and I actually went in and helped Christmas Day on evening shift because the unit was very full. We spent Christmas Eve and during the day on Christmas Day together and then I went to work at 3 pm. My husband works in the IT department for the same health system and had to go in at 11 pm that night. My DD was only too eager to go spend a night with her beloved Nana and Buddy so she went there after we celebrated in the morning.

Glad everyone liked my groupie card---I was so happy to find something so appropriate for our Moose group. The moose are out there...just gotta search.....
Ladies, never ever go into labor on Christmas day...talk about skeleton crew. The only doctors on call was the guy who just finished taking his board exams from Guam. ) so we sort of combine all 3 and celebrate.
Hey eliza...you have a Labor and Delivery nurse right here. No skeleton crews at our hospital. We are all mandated to work around the holidays & we are a teaching hospital so there are tons of residents as well as a seasoned attending doctor always in the hospital. We do more than 5,000 deliveries a year....so we're always jumping. Speaking of New years eve plans......I will be helping to deliver babies until 11:30 pm. Then I'll rush to get home to the family before the ball drops on Time Square on TV and toast to the New Year !
bzzylady....sorry you've had so many sick patients in the unit. That's always difficult. We've had more than our share of fetal deaths this month too. It's hard and I sympathize. Most people think the Del Room is all fun. But when you deliver 5,000 a year, believe me, we see our share of critical cases and deaths. Just had one that I helped another nurse with on Dec 22. Hang in there bzzelady.

Muushka...you must be in powerful withdrawl mode from being away from the WL for a year ! Hang in there till Jan---and then take LOTS of pics for those of us who aren't staying there any time soon :sad1: We have snuck in a Feb trip to WDW ! We'll be there Feb 5-11 but sadly, at POP. I have used up my DVC points for our upcoming May and August trips. I need more POINTS !

Happy New Years week to you all !

12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter