The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

There's just a resort feeling at WBC that I didn't understand prior to my first visit and can't explain. I think for my family, it's just an incredible value. We love the size of the units (more like a condo), the beautiful resort, the ability to cook in the unit (or on the resort grills), and the more laid back feeling we get when staying at WBC versus at a hotel. Some photos to try to explain what words can't... mind you we usually pay in the realm of $160 all in (including tax, there's no parking charges, no resort fee etc. when you book through an owner) per night for a two bedroom unit:

JuziBY8.png

kRcqWnb.png

U9O3B3n.png

Mk7QVVc.png

Updated room (photos from October 2017, 2 bedroom deluxe, end unit so the washer and dryer was inside the master bath)

8ghHeqo.png

SpfFTXz.png

YESfFC2.png

WhtKBS7.png

@stackyallred check out the image above and the next one for what a one bedroom layout would look like where you were asking about putting an air mattress - it might fit in the bathroom but you risk tripping over DS if you need to use the restroom in the night. I would put it just outside the bedroom door and not close the door if it were me

8GnZgGH.png

AhfkJB5.png

lAnXJ8J.png

8h6KjPF.png

Parking lot view from Tower 2 is actually a golf course view, not the lagoon view I love but still not bad

NtmsJux.png

stlS852.png

9bsN7xZ.png

Never had this type of unit layout with the laundry inside the master bath before, but it was fine

vUqOYwl.png
That place is gorgeous! The fireworks view and bedroom layout, oh wow. Yeah I think we just found our hotel for off season! Thank you!!

That only applied before Wyndham changed the rules. You can't really cancel and rebook anymore because you will most likely loose the reservation to someone else who requested an upgrade.

IF you're happy with the quote I'd book. It would be rare to get a better deal closer anymore.
I was able to get almost a 50 percent less deal booked 59 days in advance.

I never find a lower price with vacation strategy inside the 60 day period (sometimes it's actually more). I did use a mega renter this time inside the 60 day for Feb, he had a ton of dates to choose from in Jan/Feb and we were flexible (don't know what April will be like with Easter Early). I got a 2bd deluxe for 6 nights for $799 and through vacation strategy 5-7 nights ranged $1100-$1600
whp did you use?

I honestly wouldn't wait til 60 days. It's pretty hard to get a week that close to check in. Most of the inventory from within 60 days would be rooms already booked so might not have the dates you want. If you're flexible it could work but I wouldn't count on getting a room.

We are owners and it is very hard to book directly from the owner website inside 60 days.
I booked 59 days in advance and had not issues. got a great deal on ebay. depends on what time of year you are going too I imagine

We're planning for next March right now and I'm considering WBC for our first off property stay. It will be our family of 4 plus a grandparent, so a two bedroom unit vs trying to cram into a single hotel room (or paying for two rooms on property) is really appealing.

A few questions:
1. Is a year out too early to find a good deal? I'm seeing prices mostly in the range of $250-275/night right now, which is still cheap compared to comparable space on property but a lot higher than some of the reports I've seen here. We'll be pretty close to peak season, though, so I know we will pay more.
2. I was thinking of booking now but still considering an on property stay if we can get a good price (agency exclusives, etc) when prices are released for 2019. Has anyone cancelled (before the 60 day mark) with vacation strategy? Was it difficult to get a refund or was everything pretty straightforward? I will say I'm already a bit annoyed by how aggressive they've been in "following up on" my quote request (a phone call and something like 3-4 emails in 2 days), so that makes me wonder how hard it would be to cancel.

We're planning for next March right now and I'm considering WBC for our first off property stay. It will be our family of 4 plus a grandparent, so a two bedroom unit vs trying to cram into a single hotel room (or paying for two rooms on property) is really appealing.

A few questions:
1. Is a year out too early to find a good deal? I'm seeing prices mostly in the range of $250-275/night right now, which is still cheap compared to comparable space on property but a lot higher than some of the reports I've seen here. We'll be pretty close to peak season, though, so I know we will pay more.
2. I was thinking of booking now but still considering an on property stay if we can get a good price (agency exclusives, etc) when prices are released for 2019. Has anyone cancelled (before the 60 day mark) with vacation strategy? Was it difficult to get a refund or was everything pretty straightforward? I will say I'm already a bit annoyed by how aggressive they've been in "following up on" my quote request (a phone call and something like 3-4 emails in 2 days), so that makes me wonder how hard it would be to cancel.
the best deals are found less than 60 days out. but you risk your dates not being available if you are going prime time. try shelbyresorts,winpoint vip, vacation strategies, vacation upgrades and tripbound. I got quotes from all of them and compared. if your dates are flexible and you are going in value season, try a last minute deal on ebay. I just booked a presidential unit at wbc for may and got a stellar deal!

Who else do you rent from besides Vacation Strategy? Looking for early December 2018 and Vacation Strategy doesn't have any 4 bedroom suites. We can do a 3 br I would just prefer the 4 br if we can find it. Thanks
Shelby resort, vacation upgrades, winpoint vip and qvac on ebay

the best deals are found less than 60 days out. but you risk your dates not being available if you are going prime time. try shelbyresorts,winpoint vip, vacation strategies, vacation upgrades and tripbound. I got quotes from all of them and compared. if your dates are flexible and you are going in value season, try a last minute deal on ebay. I just booked a presidential unit at wbc for may and got a stellar deal!

I think it's going to be too busy in mid-March (Mardi gras + some spring break practically overlapping next year) to omfrotably wait until 60 days, as much as I would like the savings. We have some flexibility with when our stay starts, but DH will be at a conference for part of our trip so we're mostly locked in to certain days. I will get a few more quotes for sure, thanks for the extra suggestions.

We are considering staying for the first time at Bonnet Creek in early June. I have researched various rentals through Airbnb, vrbo, vacation strategy, redweek and vacation upgrade. The best price by far is through Vacation Upgrade, but it says he will only rent within sixty days. So, my question is do you think it is safe to wait until the sixty mark to book for early June or is availiability normally limited in that time? Thanks!
june is prime season.

I think it's going to be too busy in mid-March (Mardi gras + some spring break practically overlapping next year) to omfrotably wait until 60 days, as much as I would like the savings. We have some flexibility with when our stay starts, but DH will be at a conference for part of our trip so we're mostly locked in to certain days. I will get a few more quotes for sure, thanks for the extra suggestions.
o,ok.. well def book int advance with one of those companbies

We stayed here for our honeymoon and just booked our 5 year anniversary trip for December!

With the new Disney parking fees might as well stay off site and get a huge room. If I'm going to have to pay Disney parking one way or another.

Does anyone know an average rate for a one bedroom for Disney marathon? Just trying to compare vs onsite rate due to parking charge at Disney resorts. Thanks!

Does anyone know an average rate for a one bedroom for Disney marathon? Just trying to compare vs onsite rate due to parking charge at Disney resorts. Thanks!

Vacation Upgrades is a pretty good indicator of prices, and is a solid company to rent from. Here's their pricing page: http://vacationupgrades.com/pricing.html

You could also get a quote from Vacation Strategy. They get back to you pretty quick.

There could be better deals out there from other sources on eBay or VRBO or Redweek or TUG bulletin boards, but before recently becoming resale owners ourselves, we liked the convenience and confidence of renting through both Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategy and didn't do a whole lot of shopping around since we were happy with the prices from both as compared to onsite rates.

We have stayed at WBC a few times and I’d like to stay again but it seems the prices have gone through the roof since we were there just a few years ago. We are booking 10 nights at the end of June. My mom is a Wyndham owner but it seems it’s even more expensive to book using her points than if we go through one of the resellers. When I reached out to Ken Price I got a note back saying they’re not booking till next year. Any advice for us?

We have stayed at WBC a few times and I’d like to stay again but it seems the prices have gone through the roof since we were there just a few years ago. We are booking 10 nights at the end of June. My mom is a Wyndham owner but it seems it’s even more expensive to book using her points than if we go through one of the resellers. When I reached out to Ken Price I got a note back saying they’re not booking till next year. Any advice for us?

You might want to read back within the last few pages of this thread about the issues everyone has been facing in dealing with the megarenters after Wyndham's policy changes. My best advice is to wait until you are closer to your travel dates (within 60 days) and/or make a backup plan if your dates are not at all flexible. You may find that your mom is able to book with the discounted rates within the 60 day window also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter