The Weather in February?

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
what’s the weather like at the end of February?

We’re from West Virginia so February for us is still heavy jackets and maybe snow. We start wearing shorts when it hits 70 degrees.

It's usually already plenty warm and in the mid to high 80's. However a cold front could always come through and put it in the 40's

We usually go in Feb and you have to pack clothes for 2 seasons. We have been there when it was cold enough for the sprinklers to freeze the flowers on several trips. The pools will be cold to swim in. And if you plan to be there for the President holiday it will be very crowded. there is a girls twirl competition so you will see massive amounts of groups of girls all over the place. They mainly stay the the All Star resorts and CBR., the schools in the New England states have winter break and they all seam to flock to WDW. The Daytona 500 is that week and you will see a lot of race fans at Disney. One of them told us they come to Disney because the hotels in Daytona are sold out or extremely high priced. Plus the Epcot art fest takes place.

Last edited:
We were there first week of Feb. It was hot...we swam like four out of the eight days. Never needed a jacket. On our first Park day it started raining a little in the afternoon but that was it for rain for the whole week.
I did make sure to pack for all seasons though, just in case.
Jan/Feb seem to be wildcards as far as weather go.

I've lived in central west FL for 22 years. Feb is very much like March/April up north so you don't know what exactly you are going to get. Early Feb is still "winter" here but late Feb is spring. Oh and late Feb is oak season here so if you have seasonal allergies, prepare!

February can be a mixed bag - the 1st time I was there in February it was the coldest February in years - temps in the 50s most of the trip. But that was not typical from what they told me and what I experienced the next time. The 2nd time in February most days were around 73-75 degrees during the day. One day we had upper 70s and another upper 60s but it was much warmer than the 1st time I went for sure.

For my February trip several years ago, it was a mixed bag of weather. A little bit of rain, a few days warm enough for the pool, and a few days that were a little cooler. We bought clothes for warm weather and cooler weather, plus rain ponchos. What we found out with you have to be willing to change your plans up depending on the weather. We had planned to go to Hollywood Studios on our first day, but our first day was quite warm and we ended up going to Typhoon Lagoon instead. Had to take advantage of the nice weather while we had it!

As the previous posters have noted, February weather can be variable. I always encourage folks to check the historical weather data and pack at at least one outfit for each extreme. According to the weather channel for Feb 24th the average high/low is a comfortable 74F/51F. The record high is a balmy 89F and the record low is a brisk 28F. So pack both your shorts and your hoodies.

We went at the end of February two years ago. The humidity was low, and the highs were in the low 70s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter