The Wish is probably a one and done for us.

We sailed on the 2/20, 4 night Wish but I just read this post now. I find it interesting as we too were a party of 2 adults on our 25th Disney Cruise (29th cruise overall). From the early days of reviews of the Wish I felt it was great for families with young kids, or first time cruisers, not seasoned cruisers or parties of adults only. After actually experiencing it I can confirm that is my opinion.

To touch on some of your points, while I thought the Grand Hall was pretty, my biggest surprise was no one cheering as we boarded. We got our name announced but then that was it...right on to the next party. No line of CMs happy to see us. :( I know it is a very little thing but it really got you pumped up upon boarding and I immediately noticed it missing. Also, the costume of the announcer was not the Cruise look, but more of a Fairy Tale look. It gave a different vibe.

I too prefer the self serve buffet so that was sort of annoying, especially when some portions, like the breads were self serve. While I missed my old favorite foods, overall I felt the food quality was maybe a step up, however the 2 days we did lunch at MM I felt it lacking. The Festival of Foods was a wonderful addition!

I went in knowing I would not like the dinner shows. Honestly, Arendelle was not too bothersome. I think the performers "read the room" and just waved at us as they visited other tables. Marvel, again I will start by saying I have 0 interest in Marvel and actually dislike all that stuff. I felt I would be able to avoid the videos. Unfortunately they were very loud (we were right next to one), and something else I hadn't heard of and I'm surprised, the huge bugs on the screens while eating my appetizer. Who thought that was a good idea? Maybe the same person who designed the jogging track? But yeah, looking at bugs at dinner...absolutely gross!

I can't comment on the room as we booked a 9D GTY and got an accessible room...TONS of space! As much as I loved it I almost wished I had a regular room so I could have experienced it.

We often see reports here of the layout being bad. I didn't think that would be an issue...just learn the ship. No biggie! I have to say, after 4 days I was still confused. I didn't like having the adult activities just thrown in wherever. Not only was it harder to figure out where I had to go and then find the way, but it made it easier for kids to pop in, which we had happen quite a few times over just 4 nights. In one instance we were at an event at Luna and everyone heard kids voices from the balcony. The host stopped and nicely told them they had to leave. They looked at her. She said it again, very sweetly. The Dad then leaned over and said "Oh its ok, they are just listening, not participating". :sad2: You could tell the host did not know what to do. Obviously she couldn't fight with the guy in front of a packed lounge, but, by right.... She just sort of said "Oooo-K" and went on. I feel if all the adult bars were secluded like the other ships, that would not have happened.

The adult pool/bar/deck area...UGH! No lounge chairs to lay in the sun unless you go out to the sides. From there not only was the sun blocked by the Aqua Mouse but I could hear the movie from the Dumbotron, the life guards whistle, and occasional kids screaming. I missed that nice soft music I usually listen to on the side decks near Satellite Falls. No seats at the Cove Bar! Most afternoons we spend sitting at the bar having a cocktail, where we have met some wonderful bartenders and had some fun with guests over the years. That is not an option here. In the end I found deck 14 forward, while not adult only, was more enjoyable, quieter, with more loungers in the sun. We also were able to sit at Currents Bar and chat with the bartenders and other guests too. I feel that area should adult only too.

We too did not get offered a Platinum Gift. We asked our stateroom host who said to call. We did and were told they don't just give them out now you have to ask. Is it really a gift if you have to ask??? :rolleyes: Between that and losing automatic Boarding Group 1, I really feel they are forgetting about their loyal guests.

We didn't see a movie but felt the WD Theater seats were OK. We are 5 4 and 5 10 though, not very tall.

Cast Members were all top notch! I can't say enough good there. Some even were able to work some magic for us which helped me enjoy the cruise more.

Overall we had a good time, it was a cruise, how can it be bad, but we didn't love the Wish like the other ships. It definitely would not be my choice in the future, unless I had a reason (like family all sailing on it and wanting to go along). Also if the Treasure ends up being the same, I don't feel the need to try that one. I really hope they keep at least 1 of the Dream Class ships going out of FL.
We were still confused with the layout of the ship even after 2nd cruise of our b2b.

We sailed on the 2/20, 4 night Wish but I just read this post now. I find it interesting as we too were a party of 2 adults on our 25th Disney Cruise (29th cruise overall). From the early days of reviews of the Wish I felt it was great for families with young kids, or first time cruisers, not seasoned cruisers or parties of adults only. After actually experiencing it I can confirm that is my opinion.

To touch on some of your points, while I thought the Grand Hall was pretty, my biggest surprise was no one cheering as we boarded. We got our name announced but then that was it...right on to the next party. No line of CMs happy to see us. :( I know it is a very little thing but it really got you pumped up upon boarding and I immediately noticed it missing. Also, the costume of the announcer was not the Cruise look, but more of a Fairy Tale look. It gave a different vibe.

I too prefer the self serve buffet so that was sort of annoying, especially when some portions, like the breads were self serve. While I missed my old favorite foods, overall I felt the food quality was maybe a step up, however the 2 days we did lunch at MM I felt it lacking. The Festival of Foods was a wonderful addition!

I went in knowing I would not like the dinner shows. Honestly, Arendelle was not too bothersome. I think the performers "read the room" and just waved at us as they visited other tables. Marvel, again I will start by saying I have 0 interest in Marvel and actually dislike all that stuff. I felt I would be able to avoid the videos. Unfortunately they were very loud (we were right next to one), and something else I hadn't heard of and I'm surprised, the huge bugs on the screens while eating my appetizer. Who thought that was a good idea? Maybe the same person who designed the jogging track? But yeah, looking at bugs at dinner...absolutely gross!

I can't comment on the room as we booked a 9D GTY and got an accessible room...TONS of space! As much as I loved it I almost wished I had a regular room so I could have experienced it.

We often see reports here of the layout being bad. I didn't think that would be an issue...just learn the ship. No biggie! I have to say, after 4 days I was still confused. I didn't like having the adult activities just thrown in wherever. Not only was it harder to figure out where I had to go and then find the way, but it made it easier for kids to pop in, which we had happen quite a few times over just 4 nights. In one instance we were at an event at Luna and everyone heard kids voices from the balcony. The host stopped and nicely told them they had to leave. They looked at her. She said it again, very sweetly. The Dad then leaned over and said "Oh its ok, they are just listening, not participating". :sad2: You could tell the host did not know what to do. Obviously she couldn't fight with the guy in front of a packed lounge, but, by right.... She just sort of said "Oooo-K" and went on. I feel if all the adult bars were secluded like the other ships, that would not have happened.

The adult pool/bar/deck area...UGH! No lounge chairs to lay in the sun unless you go out to the sides. From there not only was the sun blocked by the Aqua Mouse but I could hear the movie from the Dumbotron, the life guards whistle, and occasional kids screaming. I missed that nice soft music I usually listen to on the side decks near Satellite Falls. No seats at the Cove Bar! Most afternoons we spend sitting at the bar having a cocktail, where we have met some wonderful bartenders and had some fun with guests over the years. That is not an option here. In the end I found deck 14 forward, while not adult only, was more enjoyable, quieter, with more loungers in the sun. We also were able to sit at Currents Bar and chat with the bartenders and other guests too. I feel that area should adult only too.

We too did not get offered a Platinum Gift. We asked our stateroom host who said to call. We did and were told they don't just give them out now you have to ask. Is it really a gift if you have to ask??? :rolleyes: Between that and losing automatic Boarding Group 1, I really feel they are forgetting about their loyal guests.

We didn't see a movie but felt the WD Theater seats were OK. We are 5 4 and 5 10 though, not very tall.

Cast Members were all top notch! I can't say enough good there. Some even were able to work some magic for us which helped me enjoy the cruise more.

Overall we had a good time, it was a cruise, how can it be bad, but we didn't love the Wish like the other ships. It definitely would not be my choice in the future, unless I had a reason (like family all sailing on it and wanting to go along). Also if the Treasure ends up being the same, I don't feel the need to try that one. I really hope they keep at least 1 of the Dream Class ships going out of FL.
Great review. I didn't know if I was confused because it was a new ship or if the layout was just confusing. I've done one Carnival cruise and one Royal and I feel like I got the hang of those ships after a couple of days.
I almost want to go back on the Wish just to see if I haven't lost my mind.

Great review. I didn't know if I was confused because it was a new ship or if the layout was just confusing. I've done one Carnival cruise and one Royal and I feel like I got the hang of those ships after a couple of days.
I almost want to go back on the Wish just to see if I haven't lost my mind.
I wondered if it was because of it being a new ship too, but then I thought we went on NCLs Pride of America this summer and after 2 days (3 tops) we were navigating it just fine. I think part of what messed me up on the Wish was when you get to a landing not only can you go right or left, but straight is an option too. And some elevators not going to all the floors got confusing too. At least the banks noted what floors they went to, that helped but navigating those upper floors was much harder.

I'm really excited to see what happens in the next couple of years, because it seems most of us repeat cruisers have no interest in repeating the Wish experience. The problem will be if they move the other four elsewhere and run the Treasure and the Wish as the year round FL options. Then some of us will almost have to cave and do them again. I just don't know what I would do - we hate the shorter cruises, but I also can't imagine having to do seven days on the Treasure. Those are words I never thought I would find myself saying.

I'm really excited to see what happens in the next couple of years, because it seems most of us repeat cruisers have no interest in repeating the Wish experience. The problem will be if they move the other four elsewhere and run the Treasure and the Wish as the year round FL options. Then some of us will almost have to cave and do them again. I just don't know what I would do - we hate the shorter cruises, but I also can't imagine having to do seven days on the Treasure. Those are words I never thought I would find myself saying.
My thoughts exactly! At ages 51 and 54 we have been paying attention to Virgin and Celebrity. If it comes down to it we may cave and go elsewhere (the price doesn’t hurt either).

We're not that much younger than you, but we have younger kids. that means Virgin is out for us, but we have considered Celebrity a time or two. Carnival isn't really an option, although I hear great things about their newest ships. RC isn't really a great fit. I can't believe we are really having to consider this, but the Wish just isn't all that fun. It's not bad, but it's just not good. The cons just outweigh the pros if you know the other ships. When we got back on the Fantasy after the Wish, I can't describe how nice it felt.

I did a 3-nt on the Wish and didn't love it, but honestly would like to do another cruise to have the time to do some things we didn't get to do. We did Palo brunch but would like to experience dinner there and maybe Enchanté. We also didn't get to relax or try room service, any quick service places, or Marceline Market. I also would like to see the shows again and be able to be on the pool deck. I met up with family on that cruise, and they wanted to get off in Nassau but will do a solo on the next one if it happens and stay onboard that day. Plus, hopefully, do a 4-nt to check the boxes and be done.

The biggest issue for me is the cost. I spent more to be on the 3-nt Wish than I am spending on an 8-nt to Bermuda on the Fantasy, both in the cheapest inside stateroom. I can't justify spending that much for such a short cruise when I can sail on other ships or even other lines. I am giving Virgin Voyages a chance and have three cruises booked in verandah rooms, which are almost 1/2 the price of the Wish cruise. Those cruises are all 7 or eight nights, too.

I want to experience the Treasure once, but I dread the sticker shock. I agree that the style of the ship and design is not great for longer cruises, but the first one would be okay with so much to see, do, and eat!

My thoughts exactly! At ages 51 and 54 we have been paying attention to Virgin and Celebrity. If it comes down to it we may cave and go elsewhere (the price doesn’t hurt either).

I've done one Celebrity on the Edge and loved it! I have one scheduled on the Summit this summer and am excited about it.

I've looked at Virgin and occasionally ponder it, but IDK...it just seems to fringey and party for my tastes in cruising.

We much prefer the 4 classic designed ships. We were on the Wish this past November and while a beautiful ship we felt the design was lacking. You have to wonder if Disney in hindsight regrets using the designer that they did who has never designed a cruise ship before. They should!

We really missed the outside deck where you were able to walk completely around the ship. We like to take a picture with our server staff in the MDR but it was difficult on the Wish as there was very little room around the tables. We did not enjoy eating in the MDR's. For us the MDR's were very noisy and people sitting much closer together than on the previous classic ships. The ship was 3/4 full (3,000 passengers) and the MDR's still felt full and noisy. Our Head Server told us they have also complained to Disney that it is more difficult to maneuver around the tables to serve food. Also we didn't like the adult area as if felt narrow and closed in. We are going on the Wish in September only because we booked the date prior to our November cruise and we are DVC members and have never experienced a member cruise. We will most likely skip the MDR's on the cruise. Of course we will still pay the suggested tips for the server staff. This will most likely be our last Wish cruise.

We didn’t seem to dislike the Wish as much as everyone else. Though there were complaints about the Fantasy and Dream early on too (elevators into the adult areas).
I think people will get used to it over time.

The 3/4 night sailings will always carry a premium price. Always have. Even before the Wish.

I wondered if it was because of it being a new ship too, but then I thought we went on NCLs Pride of America this summer and after 2 days (3 tops) we were navigating it just fine. I think part of what messed me up on the Wish was when you get to a landing not only can you go right or left, but straight is an option too. And some elevators not going to all the floors got confusing too. At least the banks noted what floors they went to, that helped but navigating those upper floors was much harder.
I think not being able to see the promenade deck from multiple floors and all over the ship like you can on the other ships made it hard to get my bearings. It also took me quite a while to figure out how to get out to the promenade deck.

I think not being able to see the promenade deck from multiple floors and all over the ship like you can on the other ships made it hard to get my bearings. It also took me quite a while to figure out how to get out to the promenade deck.

We found a door to go out there that didnt look like is was supposed to be used. There was no glass to see out or anything. DH said they put that door there so people wouldn't go out and see how bad the deck was. :laughing:

Just got off a B2B, and after reading all the negative I was prepared to hate it. I didn’t at all! It worked for my family. It was a Disney cruise and it was magical. There were things that weren’t “the way I would have done them”, but nothing ruined the ship for me. We have been on all 5 ships now and the only reason I wouldn’t do the Wish again is cause of itinerary.

Just got off a B2B, and after reading all the negative I was prepared to hate it. I didn’t at all! It worked for my family. It was a Disney cruise and it was magical. There were things that weren’t “the way I would have done them”, but nothing ruined the ship for me. We have been on all 5 ships now and the only reason I wouldn’t do the Wish again is cause of itinerary.
The Wish was our first cruise and we really liked it—for me, the concern would be how many times a year we could watch the same shows in the dining rooms, and I think the answer is “less than 1.”

Disney has made it very clear that they aren't as concerned about repeat cruiser business. The Dream ran almost its entire Sailing life for 3/4 night cruises. Only when the wish came online did the ship start doing other itineraries. The Wish is specifically marketed towards adding on a cruise vacation to a FL trip. The ship makes bucketloads of money and will continue to do so. They were making money when they sailed at 25% capacity in 2021 when they relaunched.

Did you ever notice that the 3 and 4 night sailings are the same price? Disney makes 8 days of revenue off of a 7 day ship. This is a no brainer for them.

The Wish will probably do what the Dream did. 10 years at PC until they decide to make another new class of ships. We were on the final sailing of the Dream from Canaveral and let me tell you, they were making bank all the way up to the last day. They're doing just fine.

Might be time to look for a different line though if you don't care for the Wish. They can make some changes but Ships 2 (Treasure) and 3 are basically just Copy Paste Print Repeat for the most part. Now if only we can get them to fix the elevators by adding the Coronado Springs Elevator indexing systems. That would fix the majority of the issues.

The best part about the Wish in my opinion is that even if you don't like it, the original 4 have been pretty static in price, and you can find some great deals. Even if you don't like sailing on her personally, you have plenty to benefit from the ship sailing out of Canaveral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter