The World's Longest, most Obsessive Trip Report - 12/1 Magic Cruise

Really enjoyed your report. We are sailing March 16th on the Magic. Can't wait to try some of the things you did on the cruise, everything sounds like it was fun. Glad your surgery went well.

What an unbelievable report! I felt like I was there with you! I cannot wait til our March 23rd cruise! It will be hubby and my 4th cruise (1st on Disney!) and the kids' first! I absolutely cannot wait and reading your bio really makes me want to go NOW! Thanks for all the great tips and experiences!:pinkbounc

After I posted my report, I realized there were many things I didn't say. (Hard to believe, when it's so long, eh?) Here's a couple:

I loved the veddy veddy British Cruise Director's announcements (which seemed to be only piped into halls and other common areas, not into staterooms) about the daily events... he would begin every announcement with "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls". I told my boyfried that I thought this was a testament to Disney's commitment to catering to the little ones, right down to the nth degree. He said that it was a common "opener" in England (he's a Brit too), so maybe I'm way off. But we loved it anyway!

The iced tea was WONDERFUL! I love tea, and usually add a lot of sugar, but this tea was already a little sweet and had a bit of a jasmine taste to it. So iced tea lovers, you should be happy (unless you absolutely hate sweetness in your tea).

My son got to meet the Captain, on the second formal night. The other kids in our party had already left the dining room (good riddance, the wild little things!) :-) but DS13 and I were lingering over dessert when the Captain came to our table. Got a nice photo of the two.

Finally, I forgot to say that on the last night, Cedric, our waiter, was crying along with the two little boys at the next table (also DIS folks, I learned later). The boys had been sick that week, and missed their character breakfast, so Cedric arranged (I think) to have a character visit them in their stateroom. (He was newly engaged to the girl who played "Belle", so he said he had an "in" with the characters!) So on their last night, the little boys were just crying over missing him already, and this handsome, tall French guy was just crying along with them. It was sweet!

I'm going on a RCCI cruise to New Orleans for Mardi Gras in two weeks, though I know it won't compare to Disney. But it sure was cheap, and hey, Mardi Gras!

I am anxiously awaiting our October sailing on the Disney Wonder. I see that you too were on a Halloween sailing (but on the Magic), and I was just WONDERing if you could let me know if Disney does anything special for this Halloween sailing!? Also, I see that you were not able to go to Castaway Cay :( What do they do with you for the day when they can't dock?? Thank you for your input!!!

Originally posted by bbump
Glad to hear that your trip was fabulous! Thank you for posting the great report... it was like re-living our October Cruise (except we missed Castaway Cay :-(!!!!!)

hope you have a speedy recovery after your surgery!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Loved your trip report!! We are taking a 4 day cruise but not until 2003.....:( I was jsut wondering how you got a $50.00 "postcard cabin credit"" by calling Disney?? I am wondering because my friends will be traveling with us and they are on a very very tight budget. They are very worried about spending $ on the cruise for drinks etc. as they only have a very small ammount they can spend. Did you jsut call and ask?? Did you have to do something special to qualify??? Thank you again for the great report!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter