• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There are still rooms at WL at the AP rate!

dkrause716

Mouseketeer
..otherwise titled "I caved..." :confused3

Orignally booked our first three nights at PORFQ at the AP rate and then booked the rest at WL , woods view AP rate for the rest. We need two rooms, PORFQ $99, WL at $155. I have been obsessing all week because I really wanted WL the enitre time. My dilemma was the extra cost because no standard rooms are available at the AP rate. I was trying to be good and stay within my budget.

I have been calling all week since the AP rates came out but all they had left was courtyard view and that was just too much money since we needed two rooms. Low and behold today there were woods view rooms available!! :cool1: Still a little more than I wanted to pay but hey, we don't have to move, we're going to use ME and we have APs from last year!! I can justify anything in my own mind if I think about it long enough! :goodvibes

So for anyone out there who didn't get what they want--keep trying. Hmm, wonder if I should keep trying for standard rooms.......... :flower:

Good luck to all!

The day the ap rates came out i called and wanted woods view at WL for the same dates that you have. nothing was available so we took AKL savannah view at more money. Now GS's are excited about the savannah view. I could of saved alot of $$$ if they would of had WL available the day i called. DH and I love WL.

I called CRO back. Just had a feeling something wasn't right..CM was a little "spacey". :confused3 They apparently have me down for like 6 dufferent reservations! I,m on hold while they straighten this out--sounds like there will be even more rooms once we lose the extras!

Oh my gosh!! They have this so screwed up! Right now they are looking for my deposit paid so far--Over $1000.00.

I promise not to change another thing after this gets straightened out!!

We're going the same dates and have been trying for 1st AAA standerd view then AP standerd view. We are now booked at POFQ for the whole trip. Thought about doing a split but not with ou15 mth old. I'm so jealous. I'll keep trying though. I'm going to try when the curtousy holds are up. So what is up with your ressie? Did you get it straightened out?

dkrause716 said:
..otherwise titled "I caved..." :confused3

Orignally booked our first three nights at PORFQ at the AP rate and then booked the rest at WL , woods view AP rate for the rest. We need two rooms, PORFQ $99, WL at $155. I have been obsessing all week because I really wanted WL the enitre time. My dilemma was the extra cost because no standard rooms are available at the AP rate. I was trying to be good and stay within my budget.

I have been calling all week since the AP rates came out but all they had left was courtyard view and that was just too much money since we needed two rooms. Low and behold today there were woods view rooms available!! :cool1: Still a little more than I wanted to pay but hey, we don't have to move, we're going to use ME and we have APs from last year!! I can justify anything in my own mind if I think about it long enough! :goodvibes

So for anyone out there who didn't get what they want--keep trying. Hmm, wonder if I should keep trying for standard rooms.......... :flower:

Good luck to all!

Funny because I cancelled 2 woods view rooms w/your exact dates late yesterday, so maybe you got mine LOL! Who knows. We are still going to DW, but had to change our dates to August instead. It is always a good idea to check because like us, I am sure people's plans change all the time. I'm happy for you. Kim

maxsmom said:
We're going the same dates and have been trying for 1st AAA standerd view then AP standerd view. We are now booked at POFQ for the whole trip. Thought about doing a split but not with ou15 mth old. I'm so jealous. I'll keep trying though. I'm going to try when the curtousy holds are up. So what is up with your ressie? Did you get it straightened out?

I have to call guest services on WEDNESDAY to give them time to straighten this out. My $1000+ is out there in cyber space. :sad2: They can see all of the payments I made but need to figure out if they have been applied somewhere else. What a mess!!

Granted I have changed ressies a few time--from AAA rate at POR to PORFQ/WL when APs came out and now yesterday to all 7 nights at WL, but from reading these boards I know that people do this all the time. I knew things weren't right if I checked my ressie on line but a CM told not be not pay attention to the website!!! :confused3

Oh, well things happen. That is a good idea to check back after the courtesy holds are up (never thought of that.) I would still change to standard rooms but I would be afraid to change anything now!!

I do think Disney needs to spend more time training their CRO CM's.
Good luck to you! Even if you don't get to switch, PORFQ is a lovely resort. It was out 1st place to stay on-site. Lots of Disney magic. Enjoy our little guy. My "baby" turns 15 in two weeks. It flys by so fast!

Take care!

Seetheworld--

I bet I did end up with your rooms. Too funny. There are probably 12 more rooms available once they cancelled all of my ressies! :rotfl2:

Sometimes you just gotaa laugh!

they straightened out my ressie and "found" my money! All $1075.00 of it. part of it was credited to the reservation. The rest was refunded to my Visa. I just caqlled to have it reapplied. I still don't get why this was such a big deal. people change their ressies all the time don't they?? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter