There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at the stages of early check in , and want to fill out the room request form , but I am lost , I was going to request epcot view top floor , but there is nothing called epcot view , only various building names like hawaii , surf up,rarotonga , any advice for us ? We will be staying in a studio , mostly just do not want to be facing the roads

dzak1717 said:
Being called quiet pools, are kids allowed there? We are in the same boat with grandparents staying at another resort (BW) and would like the ability to come swim with the kids, which are 4 and 1.

Kids are allowed!

Kids are allowed!

Yes kids are allowed... a few years ago our parents were watching our son so we escaped to the quiet pool thinking we could have some cocktails and enjoy some peace & relaxation by the quiet pool. Unfortunately it was anything but quiet lol Kids were jumping and screaming in the entire area.

As far as I know....things change though. They don't do this. It's actually something that is different from other vacations that I take.

Your card is not charged, authorized, or anything. I've never even see $1 (let's see if the card is good charge) when I go. The only time my card gets authorized and then a few days later charged is when I go above my initial limit. For example at deluxe it is $1500. So if my balance is that amount or more, then my card is charged that night in processing. Then if I hit that limit again, it is charged again. and so on until I check out and then whatever I owe is charged.

It's something I really like about Disney. They don't tie up your credit and they give you time to get to the FD and apply cash, another card, or gift cards before they charge your card.

I want to note that I usually go with a package from WDTC and everything has been paid in full (45 days before) I arrive. Not sure how this works with room only.

The reason for my initial question was that someone mentioned on a FB page that Disney changed the policy and was now charging anything you charged to your room immediately to your card, not giving you time to apply other forms of payment like cash or gift cards. There was never any discussion of them placing $1500 or any other amount of an authorization hold on your credit or debit card.

I really like the way Disney currently does this and I hope that they don't change it anytime in the future.

We are here now....I can assure you they do not authorize $1500 on your card. Was not the case for either of our rooms.

Thanks guys! My trip is paid in full also (package/dining plan) and I'm using the one card specifically for spending money, I would have been upset if $1500 of it was put on a hold. :)

I hope they extend the frozen package out further! We will be there right after it ends and will leave before the rumored coronation day...so no frozen for us! If it's wildly popular, continues to sell out and make them money, I think there's hope!

Teena hope you all enjoy it! Lily will love it I'm sure!

Thank you Teena! This will be fine for them. Looking forward to seeing you there. We haven't been to YC since 2009! We used to go every year, but now it's been too long and we are missing Disney so much. :)

I bet!! I can't imagine going that long without a Disney fix. That's the way we feel about the Disney cruises!!!

I am at the stages of early check in , and want to fill out the room request form , but I am lost , I was going to request epcot view top floor , but there is nothing called epcot view , only various building names like hawaii , surf up,rarotonga , any advice for us ? We will be staying in a studio , mostly just do not want to be facing the roads

The online check in is messed up, since those are buildings at the Polynesian. I don't know what the categories are for the studios. If you are on a cash reservation then you can call them to add your requests. That is the only way to do it when the options you want aren't listed on the website.

Online checking has been wonky all week.. lol.

I did my check in for YC & the Poly and along with the correct choices (Lower floor/Upper floor/near elevators for YC and The longhouse names & patio or balcony for the Poly). it kept offering up Surfs Up & Home Run which are sections at All Star Sports.

I keep checking to see if it's been fixed - just incase there may be choices missing in place of the All Star Sports substitutions that are showing.

I can do online check in for the BCV. Is there anything you would recommend to put as a request? I've never stayed there before, we have DS 11 and 8 and plan to do SAB every morning..

Hi, Teena!!!:goodvibes
I just wanted to drop by here to say hi to you and see if you will be at BC while we are staying at YC: 8/21~28. We will be at Disney from starting 8/15, first part of the trip at AKL. I am pretty sure, every morning, I'll be having the morning stroll to BC market place to get my cup of coffee to start the morning while at YC. I hope to see you and DS (Winston) really wants to see you and do some pin trading. ::yes:: You spoiled him last time.

Hi, Teena!!!:goodvibes
I just wanted to drop by here to say hi to you and see if you will be at BC while we are staying at YC: 8/21~28. We will be at Disney from starting 8/15, first part of the trip at AKL. I am pretty sure, every morning, I'll be having the morning stroll to BC market place to get my cup of coffee to start the morning while at YC. I hope to see you and DS (Winston) really wants to see you and do some pin trading. ::yes:: You spoiled him last time.

Oh no!!! I leave for Jeanne's on 8/19 and won't be back to work until 8/31. I only work Sundays and Mondays. If you are over in the Epcot area 8/17 or 8/18, I hope you will stop by the BC lobby so I can trade pins with Winston!!!! I'm really sorry I'm going to miss you while you are at the Y&B!

:umbrella:Back atch Dee. Happy 4th to all and to all our New England friends stay as dry as you can![/:umbrella:

I can do online check in for the BCV. Is there anything you would recommend to put as a request? I've never stayed there before, we have DS 11 and 8 and plan to do SAB every morning..

I would go with near the main elevator. Easy on. Easy off for exit to SAB,

Getting ready to board .... Just a few hours ��
:banana::banana::banana:

page 107-110

Joining in! DH and I will be at the YC from July 25-27th.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Hi, just trying to figure out what to do when we have grandparents visiting with us one day. We are 4 staying at YC, but will come back from parks in afternoon to swim. We will have grandparents with us one day who are not staying at YC. So, I am guessing they can't join us for afternoon in pool area, but can they still come if we stay in another area, maybe by beach? I can't remember which is restricted for checking for the bands, whether whole pool area, or is there an area we can have them with us?
Thanks! Just about 3 more weeks until Disney!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July.

:woohoo:

As others have indicted, the only place that wrist bands are required is Stormalong Bay. You will be able to get together with family at one of the 3 quiet pools or you can sit in loungers by the beach (but no swimming in the lakes!)

:thumbsup2

It's interesting you bring up the counters... one one of our days there was a CM in the women's bathroom at SAB for hours on end making notes in an ipad. It was the weirdest thing! I can't imagine what type of data they are retrieving from the restroom!

Weird!

:confused3

It was one of the best days in our lives!!! We booked thinking this would be our last trip to Disney (DH"s thoughts, not mine) but after seeing what an amazing time all of us had we're already talking next trip in probably 3 years ;) Hopefully we can pull it off again!!!!

Sitting at home really missing the disney magic. I noticed it right when we got to the airport, we were all friendly with the flight attendants and they had blank stares... it dawned on me that we're back to reality! Not everyone wanted to treat us like gold anymore lol

My 7 year old son has been making magic band codes and sticking them all over the house so that we have to use our magic bands for each room. Good way to keep him busy while I catch up on laundry and download our photo pass pics! :)

That is hilarious! :lmao:

I am so glad to hear you had a fantastic trip. I hope your family can return to the World soon!

:goodvibes

Hi All just returned last week from 12 day vacation - split between Grand Villas, YC Club Level, Universal and AKK Villages.

Thanks for your review!

I was more than happy to share the photos. I know how excited I get looking at everyone else's photos!! And thanks for sharing your Wishes Dessert Party experience. Would you mind if I saved your link for "friends" of mine when they inquire about the party?

Absolutely! That's what it's there for.

We added on two days to our trip -but in Hilton Head.

So we'll be at YC August 16-20, GF August 20-27, and HHI August 27-29.

We haven't been to Hilton Head is a few years so it will be a nice "last hurrah" before school starts September 2! Switched around some FP+s since I originally had them scheduled for August 27 but now we are leaving for HHI at the crack of dawn. Was just going to take it easy on arrival day but now I have FP+ for DHS and Fantasmic.

Sounds like a spectacular addition to your trip!

I'll update your listing.

:)

Being called quiet pools, are kids allowed there? We are in the same boat with grandparents staying at another resort (BW) and would like the ability to come swim with the kids, which are 4 and 1.

Please let us know the dates of your trip if you would like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Yes, kids welcome at the quiet pools.

Getting ready to board .... Just a few hours ��

:woohoo:

Safe travels and have a FANTASTIC trip!!!

You asked yesterday about missions and I didn't get a chance to respond. If you see this, can you check to see what is available for milk at the BC Marketplace. Are there any lactose-free, soy or almond milk available for purchase?

Thanks!!!

So excited!! Just booked the Frozen Package for Jeanne, Princess Lily and myself for July 19th. Lily will freak out!!!!!

Have a wonderful time! We booked this for our trip:woohoo:. Can't wait to hear how you like it:goodvibes

Happy 4th to everyone!party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter