There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of Course! Our room was 3043. It was NOT a CL room, but it was a great room/view. I will try to post some pictures.

There's a room finder feature on touring plans .com that you can zoom to the 5th floor (club level) and check out the corner rooms. It'll say what view category and should tell what beds it has. That should help!

With the new Frozen fireworks at Hollywood a Studios, I'm wondering if they can be seen from YC/BC. Anyone know?

With the new Frozen fireworks at Hollywood a Studios, I'm wondering if they can be seen from YC/BC. Anyone know?

Ooh good question. We're planning on hitting the fireworks in August, but it would be even easier to watch from the balcony.

ninja mom this soba coaching g challenge like never before but i will make it the best team ever

Newbie with a question... I read through all the posts over the last few weeks (whew!) and while I learned a lot about BC & YC, which we are considering for next summer's WDW trip I did have a question that I was hoping to get an answer on.
Our family actually prefers ground floor rooms when possible and I love a patio but budget (depending on if discounts will be given next year) might only allow us to book a standard view room... Are there even ground floor standard view rooms at either YC or BC and if so, do they have a patio?
I appreciate any answers and will enjoy following along this thread and learning more about YC&BC, Sunken Treasures, and pool tube sagas (Ha!) :)

Newbie with a question... I read through all the posts over the last few weeks (whew!) and while I learned a lot about BC & YC, which we are considering for next summer's WDW trip I did have a question that I was hoping to get an answer on.
Our family actually prefers ground floor rooms when possible and I love a patio but budget (depending on if discounts will be given next year) might only allow us to book a standard view room... Are there even ground floor standard view rooms at either YC or BC and if so, do they have a patio?
I appreciate any answers and will enjoy following along this thread and learning more about YC&BC, Sunken Treasures, and pool tube sagas (Ha!) :)

Yes, I believe they do have Standard View ground floor rooms with patios. The view might not be good, and you may be close to a staff area where vehicle noise might be bothersome.

Just came here to ask the same thing! That would be a nice perk to be able to see fireworks every night. pixiedust:

I do not think there are any first floor standard view rooms at the BC because a standard view room is a view of a parking lot or roof. For the life of me, I can't imagine any that fits that. At the YC, there might be one or two on the first floor since the parking lot is closer to some of those rooms.

Keep in mind that a garden view room is only about $10 more per night.

If we are on the disney dining plan would club level be over kill? Was thinking of upgrading..

For us it would definitely be too much food. We had a friend that did both and really regretted it. I would either feel like I was going from meal to meal the entire trip or paying for a lot of food that was going to waste. Unless you're not really planning on eating many of the breakfasts or offerings in the lounge.

We enjoy the desserts at night in the lounge. I can't imaging eating them when all of your meals that day already included a dessert. And you wouldn't need the refillable mug since you would have drinks available in the lounge. Just my thoughts on it.

Oooh what did I miss! Been busy on the tele-phone thingy booking the Frozen package. 25 August if anyone else is going :cool1:
NM newest Olympic sport :rotfl2:
NM - on our last trip to Yacht Club I received training from a lifeguard on how to enter and egress a tube. I have also purchased a new 2 piece swimming item, which I believe is known locally as a bi-kini to wear in said tube thingy.
So glad I'm part of your entourage-you can teach us all :rotfl:
ninja mom this soba coaching g challenge like never before but i will make it the best team ever
AGold medal in our future for sure:thumbsup2
Ooooo an optimist!!:thumbsup2

~:)
:rotfl2::rotfl:
If we are on the disney dining plan would club level be over kill? Was thinking of upgrading..

My family found it to be too much food doing both. We had alot of unused QS creditis at the end of our stay :)

Here now and we have a room that is above the lobby and we watched them from our balcony . It I was nice

page 113-115

The only things I have heard is that it will be only one resort at a time. The Beach Club's refurb starts in early October (never got a date). They will start with Concierge Level and work from upper floors down.

Are you staying at BC/YC for your upcoming trip, or elsewhere? I don't think I have you on the Be Our Guest list.

:)

This is not a thread, its a community! What fun :>)

Thanks for the welcome NateBenma, and your hard work keeping the first pages updated. Sure you can add us to the list, going July 27th to Aug 2nd (and then on to the dark side....) Its my daughters sweet sixteen birthday.

I don't feel confident enough to join the tube team, however I would be willing to be a 'roady' and help inflate and maintain said tubes, and hold on to the first aide kit, and run and get those little green drinks for the athletes if needed....

Thanks for providing your dates. I'll add you to the list. Which resort?

My son just turned 16 on Saturday. :car: :scared1:

My family loves the Dark Side! (shhh... don't tell anyone). Are you staying onsite?

:cool1:

First, I want to thank everyone for this amazingly helpful thread. We are staying at YC for the first time ever on Aug. 23 (one night only). I picked it because I want to be able to walk to and/or from the Villains Unleashed party. Can anyone let me know about how long that walk takes? Thanks in advance!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

going in two months!

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list? When is your trip (September?). Which resort?

:cheer2:

Question re: rope drop from International gateway when staying at Beach Club. Now that fast pass is an either/or on soarin and test track, we may do rope drop to try to ride soarin. Test track is a must do for us and we can't do single rider because my 5 year old cant ride alone. My concern is that the walk is so much further from beach club for rope drop for soarin that the line will be really long by the time we get there. Also how bad are lines to get in at rope drop at that gate. We are going mid september so lighter crowds but I know many will be trying to do the same thing. Our max wait time for most rides is 30 minutes. ANy advice/experiences from BC/YC?

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort or are you in the planning stages?

:)

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS!

I hope you are able to book a trip to the resort next year.

:goodvibes

As Teena indicated below, there may not be any first floor standard rooms (I have wondered this myself), and if there are, the number is limited. If you are able to book GV, then that is a good, not too expensive solution. If you are not able to book anything but standard view with the discount, then my suggestion is to do that, and add the request to your reservation anyway even if it is not a possible option. Perhaps if there is a first floor room available during your trip you will receive some pixie dust- don't know, but worth a shot.

:thumbsup2

I do not think there are any first floor standard view rooms at the BC because a standard view room is a view of a parking lot or roof. For the life of me, I can't imagine any that fits that. At the YC, there might be one or two on the first floor since the parking lot is closer to some of those rooms.

Keep in mind that a garden view room is only about $10 more per night.

We have stayed club level twice with the regular dining plan and once without (this past July).

Since the dining plan doesn't necessarily include breakfast, having this option at club level along with lunch and dinner being covered was really nice. However, I priced out the actual food we had on our last trip and compared it to what we would have paid for the dining plan, and we saved money going a la carte. A lot of times, we opted for less expensive restaurants and often we shared an entrée between 2 of us or 2 entrees for 3 of us. Plus, my DH and I shared dessert if we got one at all.

Teena do you know approximately what time SAB been closing lately?

I don't think I have you on the list with an upcoming trip. Please let me know if you would like to be added.

I think I have made all the updates to the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to look it over and let me know if I need to add or correct any information on your listing.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Please note that I will be putting MickeyT in charge of the list while I am away, starting on Friday.

Question for recent (May and June) guests- Did you receive an email survey from Disney after your trip? If you did NOT can you post a quick "No survey received" here.

It is extremely important to provide feedback to Disney about what you loved about your trip and what you didn't. These surveys are taken very seriously by management at the theme parks and resorts.

If a CM was particularly helpful or friendly during your trip, please take the time to mention them specifically by name on the survey. It really matters!

Thank you!!!

Question for recent (May and June) guests- Did you receive an email survey from Disney after your trip? If you did NOT can you post a quick "No survey received" here. It is extremely important to provide feedback to Disney about what you loved about your trip and what you didn't. These surveys are taken very seriously by management at the theme parks and resorts. If a CM was particularly helpful or friendly during your trip, please take the time to mention them specifically by name on the survey. It really matters! Thank you!!! :thumbsup2

While we would not qualify for this, do you know how we can go about pointing out someone in Guest Services? He went above and beyond to help us for our October trip and I'd love to make note of that. Thanks!

I think I have made all the updates to the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to look it over and let me know if I need to add or correct any information on your listing.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Please note that I will be putting MickeyT in charge of the list while I am away, starting on Friday.

We are Staying at Beach Club Villa 10/25-10/29 Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter