They let us in! Trip report! - COMPLETED! Updated with DDs Adventures

Another lovely day and more cocktails!!! :goodvibes

Good to know that New York Sandwiches was good, it's on my shortlist for my next trip! :thumbsup2

Another great day Shari :goodvibes

The tigger hat really suits you :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed the New York City Bar, I thought the decor in there was lovely and the bar staff were a delight

Sounds like the parks were pretty busy when you were there but you look like you are having such fun :banana:

Should I be worried that a Tigger hat suits me? No other hats do! I'll just stick to the fact that it's nice and warm. The kids at school really like it!
We're definitely thinking about staying in HNY next time - and the bar is a big factor!:rotfl:

Another lovely day and more cocktails!!! :goodvibes

Good to know that New York Sandwiches was good, it's on my shortlist for my next trip! :thumbsup2

We went to MacDonalds first but it was heaving - they were literally queuing out of the door. So we went to New York Sandwiches - they had a good range of sandwiches and salads and we didn't have to wait long. There were plenty of free tables too and the staff were very friendly.

I'm missing all my cocktails now I'm home!:sad2:

Another brilliant day and so much done! We loved the HNY and I am sure you will too! The bar is lovely and the cocktails divine!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, i'm really looking forward to our holiday now thanks to our trip report especially the Blue Lagoon restaurant. :yay:

We were woken by the alarm at 6:15am (although our noisy room had been particularly noisy this night!) and we got ready and finished packing.

We took our cases over to baggage drop for 7am but it was closed!:confused3 I was sure it was supposed to be open 24 hours. This is what the lobby of Sequioa Lodge looks like at that time in the morning:

ShariDLP2011105.jpg

We waited for a bit then decided to take the cases back to the room (luckily we hadn't got rid of our key!) and go for our breakfast slot.

It was really quiet at this time and we had a good final Disney breakfast before having another try at dropping our cases off. Second time lucky!

Then we went off to have our final morning at Disneyland Parc and EMH.

As before it was really quiet. Look!

ShariDLP2011109.jpg

We did the same rides (do they ever vary which rides are open for EMH?)

Dumbo was empty so we had the audacity to have an elephant each:

ShariDLP2011111.jpg

SimonDLP2011167.jpg

Same with the teacups - one each!

ShariDLP2011114.jpg

SimonDLP2011173.jpg

ShariDLP2011113.jpg

We also went on Peter Pan and the Carousel.

Then we wandered over to Discoveryland and I had a go on Buzz while Simon went on Space Mountain.

ShariDLP2011126.jpg

After EMH we dashed over to Frontier land to get big Thunder mountain fastpasses. We managed to get them and then the ride broke - we never got to use our fastpasses. Still, at least we'd had several goes on it during the holiday.

Phantom Manor was also not working so we went over to Adventureland. Simon hadn't had the chance to go on Indiana Jones yet, and it was only a five minute wait so he jumped on. I got a nice cafe au lait and a doughnut - yummy!

Simon was soon back and the wait still said 5 minutes so he went back on! Unfortunately it was one of those misleading wait times and I waited about 15 minutes to take a picture of him 'taking off' on the ride.

ShariDLP2011128.jpg

The park was now really busy. It looked very different from earlier in the day.

ShariDLP2011132.jpg

We nipped over to story book land and decided to wait aout 25 minutes to go on Casey Jnr - I love it! :thumbsup2

We managed to get a fastpass for Star Tours after lunch. Lunch was at Agrabah Cafe - somewhere new for us. There was an initial confusion when we booked in but after that we had a lovely meal. This restaurant is an all you can eat morrocan themed buffet and it is so beautiful. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the manager was on patrol making sure everyone was happy. We had lots to eat here - the plan was to fill up for the journey home! Sorry, I didn't take many pictures here - too busy eating and we had another couple sitting quite close to us and I didn't want to disturb them!

ShariDLP2011135.jpg

ShariDLP2011136.jpg

ShariDLP2011137.jpg

After lunch we went to use our Star Tours fastpasses - our should I say 'slow' passes? We queued for 40 minutes!

SimonDLP2011186.jpg

The park was totally heaving now so we wended our way out of the park and back to Sequioa Lodge. We did some last minute shopping at the hotel shop (trying to use up those euros) and then we collected our bags. We went to wait for the airport bus...and we waited....

Eventually the bus came but it was already very full. The driver could only fit about half of the people in the queue on - but he assured everyone that another bus would be coming soon.

Then he got off and said he had room for 2 more - was there a party of 2 anywhere? Oh, heck yes! So Simon and I got on the bus by the skin of our teeth - again!

The trip to the airport was uneventful and soon we were all checked in and ready to come home. Sarah and Kate were very well behaved as we waited for our flight:

ShariDLP2011138.jpg

A short (but slightly bumpy) plane ride later (yay...) we landed back at Newcastle. Bags were collected and we found the car where we left it. It was 9:30pm and we were tired after a busy Disney day but we survived the car journey home and fell into bed - very tired indeed.

We were sad that our wonderful holiday was over - but at least there were no funny noises at night!

Sigh another fabulous trip report - even though it was busy and your room was noisy, you sound like you both made the most of the Magic :love:.

Oh and I thought it was the law that if Dumbo was quiet, you got your own elephant :confused3:rotfl:??

wonderful TR :goodvibes great reviews. Oh, and coctails :lovestruc

Thanks so much for sharing your trippie, its been great fun to read! Sounds like a perfect holiday :wizard: even with the parks being busier than usual. Bravo on all those yummy cocktails :lovestruc

Sigh another fabulous trip report - even though it was busy and your room was noisy, you sound like you both made the most of the Magic :love:.

Oh and I thought it was the law that if Dumbo was quiet, you got your own elephant :confused3:rotfl:??

We did have a nice time thanks!

wonderful TR :goodvibes great reviews. Oh, and coctails :lovestruc

Yay for the cocktails!

Thanks so much for sharing your trippie, its been great fun to read! Sounds like a perfect holiday :wizard: even with the parks being busier than usual. Bravo on all those yummy cocktails :lovestruc

It was very busy. We were trying to decide whether it was busier than when we went at Halloween - but I don't think it was quite that busy. Thank heavens for EMH!

Thanks for reading!

I am so pleased you had such a good time! I ALWAYS love reading your trip reports. I am very pleased you had such a good break. It looked relaxing too xxx

Looks like you had a great time - I've always wanted to try the Blue Lagoon but not really a fish eater.....just wanted to be in the pirates ride :rotfl:

Thanks for posting - loved the pics of your dd's :)

I am so pleased you had such a good time! I ALWAYS love reading your trip reports. I am very pleased you had such a good break. It looked relaxing too xxx

Not sure any trip to Disney can be described as relaxing! Well, maybe during the cocktail drinking!:laughing:

I look forward to reading a trip report from you in the future!

Looks like you had a great time - I've always wanted to try the Blue Lagoon but not really a fish eater.....just wanted to be in the pirates ride :rotfl:

Thanks for posting - loved the pics of your dd's :)

Blue Lagoon have lots beside fish on the menu - Simon loved his veal and there was an amazing flambee'd ostrich dish that we saw coming out. It really is worth it for the atmosphere! Thanks for reading.

I have some other pics of the girls and their adventures in DLP - I'll try and post them later!;)

I really enjoyed reading about your trip :goodvibes and your photos are great.

I especially liked the look of your crab starter in Blue Lagoon mmmmmmmmm we were more or less already decided to go back there on our next trip and this has just confirmed it for me!

I really enjoyed reading about your trip :goodvibes and your photos are great.

I especially liked the look of your crab starter in Blue Lagoon mmmmmmmmm we were more or less already decided to go back there on our next trip and this has just confirmed it for me!

The crab was stunning! Really fresh and tasty. It was served with a salad and an avocado cream and a savoury cracker - delicious!

As you know, this was the first time we went to Disney without our (not so) little cherubs and while we had a lovely couply time we did miss them :sad2:

So we took them with us! Well, copies of them anyway. They were much better behaved than the real things and didn't leave their dirty washing all over the floor!:lmao:

So - here's what they got up to!

Sarah always used to spin me too fast on the teacups:

SimonDLP2011171.jpg

We all enjoyed the cars ride:

SimonDLP2011101.jpg

Sarah is a big Alice fan so she had to go and see the white rabbit:

SimonDLP2011060-1.jpg

We also had to take her for a spin on Peter Pan:

SimonDLP2011032.jpg

Another family favourite is Casey Jnr:

SimonDLP2011007.jpg

Kate is Simon's adrenaline buddy and she enjoyed a blast of Aerosmith:

ShariDLP2011092.jpg

But she wasn't so keen on It's a Small World - we made her go on it anyway!:

ShariDLP2011056.jpg

The girls especially loved seeing Captain EO - 'Hooter!':

ShariDLP2011043.jpg

The girls also enjoyed their first trip to Salon Mickey:

ShariDLP2011012.jpg

And they slept well in the Premier Inn:

ShariDLP2011003.jpg

So there you have it! Even when you leave the kids at home, they can still enjoy the magic of Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter